Author Topic: Pence dismisses reports that he would leave GOP ticket: 'Absolutely false'  (Read 223 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
October 10, 2016, 08:48 am
Pence dismisses reports that he would leave GOP ticket: 'Absolutely false'

By Jessie Hellmann

Mike Pence on Monday dismissed reports that he would step down as Donald Trump's running mate after a damaging video pushed other Republicans to withdraw support for the GOP presidential nominee.

"It's absolutely false to suggest that at any point in time we considered dropping off this ticket. It's been the greatest honor of my life," Pence said on CNN.

"These rumors just furrow around presidential campaigns. It really is remarkable," Pence added on "Fox & Friends."

Some observers began to question whether Pence would stay on the ticket after the video surfaced on Friday. The Indiana governor condemned Trump's lewd remarks toward women and withdrew from a campaign appearance with Speaker Paul Ryan (R) in Wisconsin over the weekend.

But Pence said Monday that Trump has shown true remorse for his comments, which included saying he could do anything he wanted to women because he is a "star." 

"I encouraged him to express what I believe is his sincere, personal remorse, and he did that Friday night. I wanted to give him time to show his heart on Sunday night. I thought he did that," Pence said on Fox.

"That kind of vulnerability and transparency is very moving to millions of Americans."

On Friday, The Washington Post revealed a 2005 recording of Trump discussing in vulgar terms how he can get away with unwanted advances on women because of his celebrity status.

http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/presidential-races/300181-pence-denies-he-is-leaving-trump-ticket
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34