Author Topic: Gingrich: GOP Demanding Trump Quit Have 'Egg on Their Face' After Debate  (Read 1886 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!

Newsmax
Gingrich: GOP Demanding Trump Quit Have 'Egg on Their Face' After Debate
Monday, October 10, 2016 08:39 AM

By: Brian Freeman

Former House Speaker Newt Gingrich slammed those Republicans demanding that Donald Trump quit as the GOP presidential nominee, telling Fox News after the second debate in St. Louis, saying, "They have a lot of egg on their face, because the guy who showed up for the debate tonight… clearly has earned being the Republican nominee."

Gingrich said that Trump made his points so well during the debate that "it's kind of crazy for someone to suggest dumping him at this point, and I would hope a lot of those who panicked over the weekend would reconsider their position in light over what we have learned about Hillary through WikiLeaks and the importance of stopping her from truly crippling the country."

After the first presidential debate, the former House speaker was critical of Trump, telling The New York Times that he "has to decide that the presidency is worth drilling into," referring to his lack of preparation for the encounter.

But following the second encounter with Clinton, Gingrich emphasized to Fox News that "Trump came in prepared to go as hard as he needed to. I think he stayed nose to nose with her all evening and I think that she steadily lost . . .

"He was very fast, and I think very good in coming back on a number of occasions and basically totally outmaneuvering her in terms of language, examples, bringing her own record to bear," Gingrich added.

Gingrich also stressed that the prospects for Trump in the third and last debate are good.

"I don't see how anybody could look at tonight's debate and say it did not have a very significant amount of substance and policy differentiation that was far more than I think you got in the first debate.

"Trump did much better tonight. If he improves as much over tonight as he did over the first night, the third debate will just be so one-sided it'll be embarrassing."

Gingrich also said he was confident that Trump would end up winning the White House, despite all the media bias against him. He had told CNN before the debate that it was clear the media is acting like a lynch mob regarding the Trump video from 2005 in which he used lewd language to describe women, while ignoring the latest controversies about Clinton revealed by WikiLeaks.

http://www.newsmax.com/PrintTemplate.aspx/?nodeid=752525
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline LMAO

Gingrich still doesn't get it.

Trump wasn't being asked to step down because he had a bad debate performance the first time.

I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline sinkspur

No Newt.  Those who abandoned Trump over the weekend waited too late to dump him.   There will be more, especially after the next shoe drops.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline musiclady

The debate has nothing to do with whether or not Trump should step down.

He has admitted to being a sexual predator.

He should step down because he is a vile misogynistic law-breaker............ by his own admission.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline r9etb

He should step down because he is a vile misogynistic law-breaker............ by his own admission.

Newt's a pretty accomplished misogynist in his own right, which is why he can't see Trump's activities for what they are.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Newt, you have become 'someone I used to like a little' for so many people.

You, and all the other so-called conservatives, who've supported Trump will never get the egg off of your faces.  Never.  You are permanently egg-faced.

I don't include people who reluctantly chose Trump to avoid Hillary.

You actually praised him.  What does that make you?
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
. . . because the guy who showed up for the debate tonight… clearly has earned being the Republican nominee."

He's also earned being defeated in a historic landslide.   All real conservatives should stand up for virtue and save their good names -  the defeat of Trumpism must be THE goal of any patriotic American. 
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline goatprairie

Newt's a pretty accomplished misogynist in his own right, which is why he can't see Trump's activities for what they are.
I'm surprised Newt could get his lips unglued from Trump's posterior long enough to say anything. I guess Hannity must have been hogging the action, and Newt couldn't get close.

Offline r9etb

I'm surprised Newt could get his lips unglued from Trump's posterior long enough to say anything. I guess Hannity must have been hogging the action, and Newt couldn't get close.

Ew.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
The problem with Newt, Rush, and others cheering this morning that Trump survived this is they think that was the worst October surprise and it is over....

...what is yet to come will make Friday's revelation sound like a Sunday school lesson.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
Trump wasn't being asked to step down because he had a bad debate performance the first time.

Exactly.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline ABX

Gingrich still doesn't get it.

Bingo, and it isn't even about what he calls 'locker room talk'.

They know a lot more is coming, a LOT.... The 'grab her by the bleep' comments were just a warm up swing.

And it won't be just something that can be excused as words.

Offline sinkspur

Trump wants to keep the dirty talk in the news:

Gabriel ShermanVerified account
‏@gabrielsherman
Source: Trump campaign has cut ad w/ Trump Org. female employees praising Trump, but some advisers urging Trump to move on, focus on jobs

Offline libertybele

The debate has nothing to do with whether or not Trump should step down.

He has admitted to being a sexual predator.

I clearly hear what you are saying; in the same light Clinton should be stepping down for all her criminal activity over the years including her e-mails ... but she will never admit any responsibility.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline musiclady

Newt, you have become 'someone I used to like a little' for so many people.

You, and all the other so-called conservatives, who've supported Trump will never get the egg off of your faces.  Never.  You are permanently egg-faced.

I don't include people who reluctantly chose Trump to avoid Hillary.

You actually praised him.  What does that make you?

"Permanently egg-faced."

I LIKE that.   :beer:

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline musiclady

I clearly hear what you are saying; in the same light Clinton should be stepping down for all her criminal activity over the years including her e-mails ... but she will never admit any responsibility.

Of course.  The basic difference is that there are NO honorable Dems, and there were multiple honorable Republicans who ran against Trump.

With Dems there isn't a choice of "good."  The establishment Republicans threw away our good and chose evil.

Offline ABX

Offline r9etb

But the Democrat Party has never been my party.  I have no say.  They always nominate someone I think is horrible.  Hillary is not different.  TRUMP IS DIFFERENT.  The Republicans have nominated liberals before.  But Trump is in a vile category all his own.  For me, the difference is that I have identified as a Republican all my voting life.  Even as a kid I identified with the Republicans.  Trump represents the last straw.  I will not be a member of the party of Trump.

Same here. 

I think the GOP has irredeemably stained itself this time around -- this party's gone the way of the one it replaced.  The Whigs, too, collapsed suddenly.

It will only take a couple of serious names to publicly defect, to make it happen again. 

Offline sinkspur

Ben JacobsVerified account
‏@Bencjacobs
Today is Trump's first public event since the "grab her by the bleep" tape was leaked. It is being held in Beaver County, PA.

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
Ben JacobsVerified account
‏@Bencjacobs
Today is Trump's first public event since the "grab her by the bleep" tape was leaked. It is being held in Beaver County, PA.

That's too rich.
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline ABX

Chatting with a friend online thinking about everything that hasn't really come out yet... Do Newt and others really want to be in a position to defend all of these and more?

1. Trump's long business relationship with George Soros including getting billions of dollars of funding from him and donating to his foundation.

2. Three rape accusers including one pending civil case involving an under-age girl.

3. Several settled sexual harassment and sexual assault cases.

4. Human trafficking charges involving his modeling agency bringing in under-age girls illegally, a few ended up prostitutes (not directly because of him, but they will tie his bringing them illegally to that).

5. Tons of illegal business practices in his buildings and 'greasing the wheels' for politicians to look the other way. (Hillary seemed to start opening the door to this one last night)

6. A supposed New York Times interview tape where he mocks his base and says he is just playing to them and doesn't believe a thing he is saying.

7. Tons of stuff in Ivana's 93 book from their marriage including many mistresses, abuse, and paying mistresses to get abortions.

8. Sexual harassment bordering on assault on the Apprentice set.

9. Racist comments and bringing up old civil rights lawsuits against him.

....And that's just the stuff we know about...