Author Topic: The latest October surprise: Trump pivots and saves his candidacy at second debate...By Douglas E. Schoen  (Read 365 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
The latest October surprise: Trump pivots and saves his candidacy at second debate

By Douglas E. Schoen Published October 09, 2016 FoxNews.com

Facing tremendous pressure to appear contrite and offer a genuine apology for his comments about taking advantage of women some 11 years ago, Donald Trump did something better: he pivoted.

The debate focused on the #TrumpTapes for barely a few minutes and it wasn’t the fault of the moderators or Hillary Clinton. Trump just moved past the apology faster than anyone expected, straight into his attacks on Bill Clinton – which we knew were coming based on the past few days and the pre-debate press conference he held with women who have accused Bill Clinton of sexual assault – to the meat of this election: change versus status quo.

Trump emphasized over and over again that Clinton has spent the last 30 years in public service and has little to show for it. He went at her foreign policy record and cited failures in Iraq, Afghanistan, Libya, Syria and Iran. After missing opportunities to hit Clinton on her emails and Benghazi, he didn’t let that happen again, bringing up both several times.

more
http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2016/10/09/latest-october-surprise-trump-pivots-and-saves-his-candidacy-at-second-debate.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline libertybele

While I thought Trump had his best debate so far, we are still another debate and 3 weeks away from the election.  With Trump it is very unlikely he will stay on his current course of being somewhat subdued and focused.  Secondly, he seems to have a closet full of skeletons that are just waiting to haunt him.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Frank Cannon

I hate Donny, but give him props for having Slicks rape victims there. Absolutely hilarious.

Offline LMAO

He was much better last night than the first debate. Ultimately, he is going to lose the election but he did not kill his candidacy last night. He won a battle but he is going to lose the war. The line about 30 years in public service with nothing to show for it was good. It ties Hillary to the status quo

IOWs, he lives to fight another day
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy