Author Topic: Trump at the Second Debate: Most Improved By Rich Lowry  (Read 1197 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Trump at the Second Debate: Most Improved By Rich Lowry
« on: October 10, 2016, 12:57:16 pm »
 Trump at the Second Debate: Most Improved
By Rich Lowry — October 9, 2016

When Trump said that Hillary would be in jail if he were in charge, it seemed like a debate meltdown would be the capstone to a disastrous weekend. But it ended up being a pivot point. From that point on, Trump had the advantage. He started overly sedate and then rambled and lashed out when the topic was the Access Hollywood tape. At the inception, Hillary was at her rehearsed best. But the topic terrain got tougher for her–emails, etc.–and she could never summon any spontaneous wit or righteous indignation to hit back at Trump effectively. Over and over, she said what Trump was saying was wrong, without saying how or why. Trump managed to establish something like the stage dominance he had in the primaries. He didn’t wander down as many rabbit holes and went out of his way to bring up topics and points awkward for Hillary. His performance was still rocky and strange at times–the wandering around the stage idly as Hillary spoke, for instance–but much improved.

http://www.nationalreview.com/node/440903/print
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline sinkspur

Re: Trump at the Second Debate: Most Improved By Rich Lowry
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2016, 01:37:35 pm »
Hillary was playing not to lose last night.  She knows Trump is toast and will go out of her way for the next 30 days to run out the clock.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline For-Q-Clinton

« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2016, 01:41:57 pm »
Meh...some people will make the case that Trump was improved because he didn't walk over and grab Hillary's personal parts.  He has not improved one iota.

I disagree.  Trump did improve.  But he was still annoying with his breathing and pacing back and forth.  But he was able to answer their question in 5 seconds and then pivot to bring up Hillary's horrible record.  Hillary didn't know what to do and the moderators had to start debating Trump for her!  It was a smack down.

I don't like Trump, but I hate the media and Hillary more.  So I'm really stuck here.  The more the media shill for Hillary the more it makes me want to vote for Trump just to say FU to the media scum that push people like Hillary and Obama on us.  I'll burn the whole damn place down with Trump--I don't care but at least Hillary *may* have to serve a little time in jail.

Offline For-Q-Clinton

« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2016, 01:43:32 pm »
Hillary was playing not to lose last night.  She knows Trump is toast and will go out of her way for the next 30 days to run out the clock.

Probably true. I'm a life long Cleveland Browns fan--we know what playing prevent defense gets you.  It ends with a loss.  If she wants to win she needs to take some risks and do something.  Of course she does have the media in her corner.  The Browns never had the Refs on their side--if they did maybe they could have one some of those games.

Offline r9etb

« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2016, 03:36:14 pm »
Probably true. I'm a life long Cleveland Browns fan--we know what playing prevent defense gets you.  It ends with a loss.  If she wants to win she needs to take some risks and do something.  Of course she does have the media in her corner.  The Browns never had the Refs on their side--if they did maybe they could have one some of those games.

It's a reasonable analogy -- right down to the part where the GOP drafts Manziel....   :tongue2:

To carry it further, though, for Trump it's basically the two-minute warning and he's down by 9.  It's still possible for him, but pretty much Hillary's either got to collapse or give up a couple of big plays (including the onside kick). 

The Trump team hasn't got that sort of firepower -- it's pretty much down to WikiLeaks now....

Online LMAO

« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2016, 03:40:34 pm »
Trump did improve last night from the first and was able to tie Hillary to some key points. The best one was pointing out her long years in public service with nothing to show for it.

But one good debate does not a president make. Trump has very fatal problems. Having many in your party abandon you or withdraw endorsements and cash with an already weakened candidate will overpower a decent debate performance.
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online LMAO

« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2016, 03:42:29 pm »

The Trump team hasn't got that sort of firepower -- it's pretty much down to WikiLeaks now....

@r9etb

Not only down to Wikileaks but how the press responds to them.
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

Offline For-Q-Clinton

« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2016, 03:58:50 pm »
It's a reasonable analogy -- right down to the part where the GOP drafts Manziel....   :tongue2:

To carry it further, though, for Trump it's basically the two-minute warning and he's down by 9.  It's still possible for him, but pretty much Hillary's either got to collapse or give up a couple of big plays (including the onside kick). 

LOL!  Yep I knew manziel was a bad choice.  This year it appears the Browns are playing for 1st round draft pick and they are winning at that :-).

Based on the primary I won't count Trump out.  Also based on the BREXIT vote I won't count out the people turning out because they are pissed off at the system.  And the more the system is rigged the more it will turn out the voters against it.  The media helping Hillary is one of the rigged parts of the system that will backfire.  With Hillary it's impossible to look objective as they attack Trump because they are ignoring far worse by Hillary.  I think this actually helps mobilize the voters for Trump.  Well not really for him but against the rigged system.  Consider that the blocked punt returned for a touchdown.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2016, 03:59:19 pm by For-Q-Clinton »

Offline r9etb

« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2016, 04:02:39 pm »
With Hillary it's impossible to look objective as they attack Trump because they are ignoring far worse by Hillary.  I think this actually helps mobilize the voters for Trump.  Well not really for him but against the rigged system.  Consider that the blocked punt returned for a touchdown.

I was saying on a different thread that I think most people are very aware of the arguments against Hillary, and dislike and distrust her.  Trump's task in the next month is to make himself just a little more palatable than she is.  I don't think he can do it unless something utterly destructive about Hillary comes along, but that's pretty much his only hope.

Online LMAO

« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2016, 04:14:05 pm »
I was saying on a different thread that I think most people are very aware of the arguments against Hillary, and dislike and distrust her.  Trump's task in the next month is to make himself just a little more palatable than she is.  I don't think he can do it unless something utterly destructive about Hillary comes along, but that's pretty much his only hope.

Hillary's task is also to make Trump more unelectable than her to the electorate

Barry Goldwater

Offline For-Q-Clinton

« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2016, 04:16:50 pm »

Yep.  Definitely one part of it.  It will be hard to do as both candidates try to tear each other up in a race to the bottom.  He actually did fairly good in the debate yesterday being tolerable.  Although his heavy breathing/snorting and pacing was wearing on me.

I'm sure the media in coordination with HRC have some more dirt on Trump ready to release. Which if timed right will make it where enough people say no way...we'll try again in 4 years instead.

Also while aware of the arguments against Hillary...she has the same issue as Trump. She needs to keep enough people with her as well before people say no way to her too.  The "middle" voters have a tough choice and may just stay home.  In that case it's about getting out your base.  Black people will not vote for Hillary as they did for Obama.  Trump is trying to ensure they don't mobilize against him--and he's doing a decent job at it. 
« Last Edit: October 10, 2016, 04:19:20 pm by For-Q-Clinton »