Author Topic: A generation of GOP stars stands diminished: ‘Everything Trump touches dies’  (Read 11450 times)

Offline beandog

One must work with the tools one gets,  not the tools one wishes they had. 

I wanted Ted Cruz.   I realize now the media would probably have destroyed him.   It's looking to me more and more that the only sort of fellow that can beat the media advantage is a bare knuckle fighter,  not a reasonable man.
I don't think the Donald is a "bare knuckle fighter".  I think he's a "sucker" puncher.  Oh yea, and he's nuts. 

We don't have to worry about the media destroying tRump.  He does a fine job of that all on his own.

Offline beandog

Bill Clinton isn't running.  His enabler wife is though,  so she bears some responsibility for Billy's assaults.
So, do the Donald's wives bear some responsibility for tRump's behavior?

Offline musiclady

Bill Clinton isn't running.  His enabler wife is though,  so she bears some responsibility for Billy's assaults.

And who bears responsibility for Donnie's assaults?  His brand new wife, Melania?  Is it her fault that her husband is a sexual predator?

If you think Billy is a bad guy, then you have to think that Donnie is.

You can't condone Donnie and condemn Billy. 

But you clearly do, don't you?
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

HonestJohn

We certainly tried,  but the Canadians and their British soldiers kicked our @$$e$.   

I didn't much keep up with the Ukraine invasion,  but I did read enough to recognize it as being the consequence of another Obama foreign policy disaster.  Apparently we were encouraging them to stage a coup against the Russian friendly President Viktor Yanuyovch.

Russia has a major Naval base in the Ukraine,  and much of the Ukraine is comprised of Russian descended people.

Once again,  Stupid Affirmative Action man has had his meddling blow up in his face.   If he were a Republican,   the media would be hammering this disaster.

That's the other way around...

The Kievan Rus settled the town of Muscovy.  The Duchy of Moscovy, the direct ancestor of Imperial Russia, was a Kievan colony.

Ukrainians get furious when people don't recognize that.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2016, 01:24:47 am by HonestJohn »

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
I blame one man for Trump, more than any other: Rush Limbaugh.

And I'll never listen to that fraud again.

Don't forget Sean, Rudy and Newt.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline DiogenesLamp

I don't think the Donald is a "bare knuckle fighter".  I think he's a "sucker" puncher.  Oh yea, and he's nuts. 

I don't care if he sucker punches the left.  In fact I prefer it,  and I prefer that he punches them in the nuts.    At least he puts up a fight. 

We don't have to worry about the media destroying tRump.  He does a fine job of that all on his own.

Don't kid yourself.  It is the media trying to destroy him.  Who do you think drug out this recording?   

Who is making a  big deal out of it?   

‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline beandog

I don't care if he sucker punches the left.  In fact I prefer it,  and I prefer that he punches them in the nuts.    At least he puts up a fight. 

Don't kid yourself.  It is the media trying to destroy him.  Who do you think drug out this recording?   

The media couldn't destroy him if his own behavior is/were not as they are.  He doesn't just sucker punch the left, he sucker punches anyone who gets in his way.  I do not find that an admirable quality.

Offline Gov Bean Counter

Don't forget Sean, Rudy and Newt.

Jeff Sessions will never get my vote again. Ever!
Donald Trump - Simple solutions for the simple minded...

Online DB

Are you claiming the media is just inventing all this stuff? That's just the real Trump and not the reality TV star image. You may like what you see. If you share his values then that explains why you support him. I don't share those values - at all.

Online DB

Jeff Sessions will never get my vote again. Ever!

Yes, Sessions really got hoodwinked by Trump. Trump met with him and said all the right things and Sessions took the bait. Never mind Trump's word is completely useless which has been demonstrated over and over... Poor Sessions was too naive.

Offline DiogenesLamp

And who bears responsibility for Donnie's assaults?

What assaults?   Till we get that question answered there is no point in pursuing the rest of your questions or comments. 

‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline DiogenesLamp

That's the other way around...

The Kievan Rus settled the town of Muscovy.  The Duchy of Moscovy, the direct ancestor of Imperial Russia, was a Kievan colony.

Ukrainians get furious when people don't recognize that.

Potato  Pohtahtoe. 

— Lord Melbourne —

Offline DiogenesLamp

The media couldn't destroy him if his own behavior is/were not as they are. 

You are still kidding yourself.   Yes,  the media can destroy you.  Ted Cruz is squeaky clean,  but the media was accusing him of adultery.   Remember?   

Remember "Macaca"?   

He doesn't just sucker punch the left, he sucker punches anyone who gets in his way.

And right now that is the left.   Since we are stuck with him,  we might as well enjoy watching him punch them in the nuts.   

I do not find that an admirable quality.

Most men do,  but judging by your Avatar I assume you aren't one.   
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline DiogenesLamp

Are you claiming the media is just inventing all this stuff?

No,   i'm claiming they're making this big nothing into  a  MAJOR SCANDAL OF EPIC PROPORTIONS!

Just as they did the opposite with Bill Clinton.    They took his major scandals,  and turned them into nothing stories promulgated by prudish troublemakers of the Ultra-Christian Right Wing kook class.   

I keep trying to get people on our side to understand,  those cameras and broadcast transmitters are a weapon which they use on their political enemies,  meaning us.    The Media is a weapon.     

— Lord Melbourne —

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
So a history of decades of sexual abuse is a big nothing. Got it.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline musiclady

It's been fascinating and disturbing to find out the (thankfully few) men on this forum who have no problem with sexual predators.

When @Bigun said the masks have been torn off, he wasn't kidding.

The faces underneath these masks are very, very dark and ugly......

Thanks to the REAL men on TBR who have stood up for the dignity of women, and the wrongness of abusing women just because you have power and wealth.

You are all a breath of fresh air in this very sordid revelation about the weakest excuse for a man in America........ Donald Trump.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline DiogenesLamp

Where are you getting this from?    While it has been certainly established that Bill Clinton has a decades long history of sexual abuse,   I have seen no proof that this is also true of Trump.   

On what are you basing this claim?   The Fact that he said "Grab the P*ssy" 11 years ago?   That's a pretty weak foundation on which to build your claim,  if that's all you have. 

— Lord Melbourne —

Offline endicom

Where are you getting this from?

One states something as fact and the next embellishes it and the third adds visions of Jesus to the story so to establish their purity and the assuredness of going to Heaven for cursing Trump.

Online DB

Where are you getting this from?    While it has been certainly established that Bill Clinton has a decades long history of sexual abuse,   I have seen no proof that this is also true of Trump.   

On what are you basing this claim?   The Fact that he said "Grab the P*ssy" 11 years ago?   That's a pretty weak foundation on which to build your claim,  if that's all you have.

You can't be that naive.

http://www.dailywire.com/news/5556/7-things-you-need-know-about-trump-and-sex-slave-amanda-prestigiacomo