Author Topic: LIVE THREAD>>> Second Presidental Debate..9pm est  (Read 49974 times)

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
Re: LIVE THREAD>>> Second Presidental Debate..9pm est
« Reply #575 on: October 10, 2016, 04:03:17 am »
I did not bother watching these two pathetic excuses for aspiring dictators.

I did enjoy reading the play-by- play here and got the essence of the so-called "debate" from those with stronger stomachs than I.

My mind is made up already, so there was no reason to poison it with watching the circus act, the media ringmasters doing exactly what you would expect State Propaganda outlets to do.

Remember folks, you saw your last legit national election back in 2008.  All of this is just to string the hapless along for yet another fleecing.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

HonestJohn

« Reply #576 on: October 10, 2016, 04:07:35 am »
Martha Radditz is uglier than Candy Crowley.

Vogons don't look like that.  They look like this:

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #577 on: October 10, 2016, 04:08:45 am »
In his inarticulate, unartful way, Trump did well. The best debate I've ever seen from him.

He may well have salvaged his campaign tonight.

Could be.  I just think the campaign is going to go deeper into the sewer.  Stay tuned for the next round.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #578 on: October 10, 2016, 04:09:16 am »
trump beat expectations. trump did not win the debate. trump continues to look and sound like he knows very little about any subject except for a few lines thrown to his
rabid supporters. there is no way that trump won the debate on substance or knowledge.

Like hell. Hitlary stumble around trying to find cogent thoughts. Paused all the time in the middle of what should have been straight up answers. She let Donny bait her a few times. When that wasn't going on she sat there with her creepy fake smile. She was like Donny in the first debate.

Donny actually went in depth on some stuff while he was kicking Hitlary in the teeth. He also stayed even and smooth.

Only the most ardent Donny haters will disagree with that and it is being proved here on this thread as we type.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #579 on: October 10, 2016, 04:13:01 am »
Determining winner or looser by which candidate has done worse to women.  This wasn't a debate it was a contest of who was more immoral.  Two candidates doing their best to defend the indefensible.

I wanted Trump to lose decisively so that the Republicans would feel compelled to get him out somehow and put someone else in.

I didn't want Hillary to win, exactly, but I wanted him to be totally eviscerated, clobbered, beaten like a drum  Now maybe he thinks he's bought a few days. 

If he buys too many days, we are doomed.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #580 on: October 10, 2016, 04:26:35 am »
I do like you RAT Patrol!!!!  :patriot:

Me, too.  Rat Patrol is great.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #581 on: October 10, 2016, 04:31:07 am »
trump beat expectations. trump did not win the debate. trump continues to look and sound like he knows very little about any subject except for a few lines thrown to his
rabid supporters. there is no way that trump won the debate on substance or knowledge.
Trump totally blew the question from the audience about "the rich not paying their fair share." That is a leftist talking point. By talking about taking away some tax breaks or something from rich people Trump totally missed the opportunity to explode that myth. The top one percent pay 40% of all fed. income taxes, and the top 10% 60%.
If you watched the debate you'll notice Trump rarely mentioned any hardcore numbers. I doubt he really knows much about facts and numbers.  But because Hillary has such a poor record, Trump was able to put her on the defensive a number of times and appear to win the debate.
The thing was actually very close, but Trump did score enough to eke out a win.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #582 on: October 10, 2016, 04:31:40 am »
Who won? Kenneth Bone:

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #583 on: October 10, 2016, 04:33:56 am »
Who won? Kenneth Bone:

Looked up some info on Ken. His address: His Mothers Basement.

• Technical
« Reply #584 on: October 10, 2016, 04:34:09 am »
Looking at the debate through the eyes of a LIV, I thought Trump won. Hillary was boring.

Not a blowout or anything though. Trump alternated between maniac and bleep, with a few good blows against Hillary.

• Technical
« Reply #585 on: October 10, 2016, 04:40:17 am »
What is LIV?  Low Info Voter?

Yeah just trying not to see the debate through a partisan lens.

I thought Hillary was a bore and Twitter seemed to agree with me.

Trump was Trump but a little bit better, and probably stopped the movement to dump trump, which means hillary will be the next president.

Trump might have gained a few voters... not enough to matter though.

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #586 on: October 10, 2016, 04:42:22 am »
I definitely am an ardent hater of the pervert. That does not change the fact he did not win the debate. Where did he go in depth? He mentioned over and over about the state line issue on obomacare and the interest loop on taxes and that is it. I guess it doesn't take much for Donny when the bar is one inch above the ground.
I think maybe Hillary had a little too much juice before the debate. Trump is very limited about producing facts and numbers to back up his assertions. But Hillary was unable to respond adequately to anything he said except to deny some things. 
Trump is right about some things, but again he never comes up with the numbers. Hillary couldn't nail him on his assertions leading many in the tv audience to assume he was right. Perception is everything in these debates.
So appearances do have Trump winning overall. But not quite the  crushing victory his most ardent supporters are claiming.

geronl

« Reply #587 on: October 10, 2016, 05:01:48 am »
I heard that Kenneth Bone plays the Trumbone while eating a scone, but only when he's alone.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #588 on: October 10, 2016, 05:08:13 am »
I heard that Kenneth Bone plays the Trumbone while eating a scone, but only when he's alone.

Welcome To The Bone Zone!

Offline Mod2

« Reply #589 on: October 10, 2016, 05:15:58 am »

Offline Frank Cannon

Offline BuckeyeTexan

There are those that break and bend. I'm the other kind. ~Steve Earle

Offline Mod2

« Reply #592 on: October 10, 2016, 05:23:08 am »
Well, OK, there's a Latvian up. We couldn't afford a Pole.

It shouldn't be off limits, it is in the public section. Unless I screwed up, which is not unlikely.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2016, 05:24:35 am by Mod2 »

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #593 on: October 10, 2016, 08:07:02 am »
Well I can't honestly say I'm surprised with the outcome overall, although I thought he'd mentally/totally lose it.

That said, Donald did a truly masterful job of using Bills victims as stage props to make Hillary look sympathetic. What he ALSO did was take that issue forever off the table, ensuring they will never get any justice because now, it will be said they had their time in the light and the issue is behind us. That also means Bill Clinton has been Rehabbed. He took Trumps comments, unable to respond and sat with stoic dignity!...so it will be spun as.

Then he made the claim that Hillary would be prosecuted. Which I agree with and agree with him doing. Did he crucify her with it? No. They had a nice little exchange, she rebutted and now that issue too is forever off the table. Yes, the next few days will be filled with media spazzing over it, but ultimately this will become a no go zone. Thus anyone trying to raise the issue or actually do it will be treated like like Ted Cruz trying to shut the govt down. IE, no one will touch it because it will be seen as crazy.

So ultimately, Trump helped himself, helped Clinton, hurt Bill's victims and hurt America. AKA, he accomplished his role in the political Kabuki theater masterfully.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2016, 08:09:23 am by Norm Lenhart »

Offline montanajoe

« Reply #594 on: October 10, 2016, 08:37:18 am »
 :tinfoil: I've been giving this more thought and I think the fix was in, she sandbagged it. Trump had to do better than expected otherwise the party defections would have continued and the GOP would possibly have replaced Trump. That is the last thing the Clinton camp would want,  as just about anybody but Trump is likely to beat her even this late in the campaign.

It's the same thing with Hilliary's health issues, a couple of weeks ago the Trump campaign was calling for her medical records and suggesting she was to sick to continue. Then it dawned on them Trump's best chance of winning is running against Hillary, any other Dim would be far more formidable and would likely win. You don't see Trump calling for Hilliary's medical records anymore...

It's as if the two canidates are coordinating their efforts..... :pondering: :tinfoil:
« Last Edit: October 10, 2016, 09:17:21 am by montanajoe »

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #595 on: October 10, 2016, 10:35:40 am »
One down, one more to go.

I'm so tired.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2016, 10:36:16 am by Freya »
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline libertybele

« Reply #596 on: October 10, 2016, 12:07:23 pm »
Mark R. Levin ‏@marklevinshow 10m10 minutes ago

Trump nailed the debate - calm, focused, and substantive. Trump won. Hillary lost.

I agree with Levin.  I am not a Trump fan by any means and I only watched towards the end; but I thought Trump nailed it.  No one seems to acknowledge the fact that Trump did publicly mention that he would fill the SCOTUS vacancy(s) with justices in line with Scalia and he would preserve the 2nd amendment. Hillary ran her mouth and wasn't courteous about sticking to the time allotted and he did catch her in one big lie -- she was Secy' of State with red line issue.  Saw footage of Billy Bob during the debate, he didn't look to happy to have his name drug through the mud; but rightfully so.  Trump's women's issue aren't going away and certainly tarnished the debate; but we have two very flawed candidates.  Trump apologized, he toned things down, he made his points, he repeatedly pointed out the Clinton hasn't done a whole lot for the people in her 30 years; quite the opposite.  He won the debate.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2016, 12:09:03 pm by libertybele »
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #597 on: October 10, 2016, 12:15:05 pm »
I agree with Levin.  I am not a Trump fan by any means and I only watched towards the end; but I thought Trump nailed it. 
I admit I didn't watch the debate, just followed Twitter and this thread. But it was interesting to see some Never Trumps like Levin, Jonah Goldberg and Ben Shapiro conclude (reluctantly, perhaps) that Trump really did win the debate.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #598 on: October 10, 2016, 12:16:56 pm »
That may be.  Democrats do not want Trump removed.  I am still shocked that Republicans can go from the vile tapes, knowing there are more out there, watching his anger and vindictiveness and unrepentant heart and incoherent delivery.....and at all feel satisfied as though he won anything.  The only bigger losers are we the people.

I think it's more a case that Hillary's lock box is bigger than we ever thought and she keeps a lot of supposedly conservative voters' junk in it.

I cannot imagine being so mortally terrified of a 70 year old woman that I would run to a mentally disturbed narcissist to 'save me'. But thats the state of the American male today by and large. Fortunately most women seem to have the courage their partners lost. It must suck being married to males that fear old ladies though.

Then again, my daughter stood in a war zone stuck with an empty rifle on gate duty (Thanks George!) and never ran away when the mortars rained down so I shouldn't really be surprised where the actual courage in this country lies.

Offline montanajoe

« Reply #599 on: October 10, 2016, 12:17:35 pm »
That may be.  Democrats do not want Trump removed.  I am still shocked that Republicans can go from the vile tapes, knowing there are more out there, watching his anger and vindictiveness and unrepentant heart and incoherent delivery.....and at all feel satisfied as though he won anything.  The only bigger losers are we the people.

It just makes me shake my head that both major political parties in this Country are engaged in this race to see who is the most amoral and perverted. Always thought the Dims were way ahead but today I really don't know as so many on the right claim to be Conservative but support one of the two most amoral and disgusting persons ever to run for President.

I sincerely hope there are enough Conservatives out there who will refuse to vote for either of these amoral reprobates and will send a clear message that Conservatives will only vote for true Conservatives..
« Last Edit: October 10, 2016, 12:22:15 pm by montanajoe »