Author Topic: Memo to GOP: Trump was bragging about sexual assault  (Read 359 times)

Online libertybele

Memo to GOP: Trump was bragging about sexual assault
« on: October 09, 2016, 12:48:43 pm »
Memo to GOP: Trump was bragging about sexual assault

If any Republican is contemplating how to react to the Donald Trump statements revealed Friday in a 2005 hot mic recording, they should talk to a rape survivor before they do.

Trump is saying in the video that that he assaults women. He molests them. That he can’t control himself around women he is attracted to. Trump is saying he behaves as a sexual predator.

Ask them what they hear when they hear a man running to be, arguably, the most powerful person in America say he thinks he can “do anything” to women because he is a “star.” Ask them how those kind of power struggles work in an intimate setting.

The GOP has some soul searching to do. Immediately. Because many of the statements released so far by major Republicans seem ignorant of the fact that the GOP presidential nominee is openly bragging about sexual assault on the tape.

RNC Chairman Reince Priebus released a statement that said, “No woman should ever be described in these terms or talked about in this manner. Ever.” But this goes much farther than only “talk.” This is now a matter of how the GOP, at large, treats women.

Specifically, Trump said he made an unwanted sexual advance toward a married woman. He then bragged about how his “star” power permitted him to grab women in sexually graphic ways. “When you are a star, they let you do it,” he said. “You can do anything.” He also said he was drawn to beautiful women “like a magnet” and that “I just start kissing them ... I don’t wait.”...

...The entire episode is demoralizing — especially for conservative women like me who still want to believe in the values of this party even while our GOP presidential nominee makes a mockery of them, on a near-daily basis.

I implore elected Republicans to watch the video and imagine what a victim of sexual assault hears when they hear Trump talk about how he feels entitled to force himself on women.

Donald Trump is, to use a fitting word, “deplorable.” Condemn him or get into the basket.

https://www.conservativereview.com/commentary/2016/10/memo-to-gop-trump-was-bragging-about-sexual-assault
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.