Author Topic: Trump donors angry, want their money back after lewd tape leak  (Read 1816 times)

Offline sinkspur

Trump donors angry, want their money back after lewd tape leak
« on: October 08, 2016, 11:36:50 pm »
http://www.cbsnews.com/news/trump-donors-angry-want-their-money-back-after-lewd-tape-leak/?ftag=CNM-00-10aab7e&linkId=29717675

Donors to Donald Trump’s presidential campaign have become skittish -- with some downright angry -- after a 2005 tape surfaced Friday in which the GOP nominee can be heard making vulgar remarks about women.

A prominent Trump bundler told CBS News that he “could not tell you how many” calls he’s gotten from donors in the course of the last day. After the Washington Post first published the tape, people want their money back, he said. (The Republican party and the campaign’s fundraising apparatus is not returning donations.)

According to the bundler, donors said they feel betrayed by Trump -- that their efforts have been a waste. Some said they would like to see Mike Pence, Trump’s running mate and the governor of Indiana, at the top of the ticket, though the means of achieving such a switch aren’t clear.

Other Republicans have expressed disgust and outrage over the previously unaired “Access Hollywood” footage from 2005, where Trump boasts about his sexual advances, saying that he can “grab [women] by the p****,” and that when you’re a star “you can do anything.”

Several party leaders, including Senate GOP conference chair John Thune of North Dakota, also called for Trump to step down from the ticket.

Others have weighed in with forceful condemnations of the businessman, including House Speaker Paul Ryan, who said he was “sickened” by the 2005 comments, and Republican National Committee Chair Reince Priebus, who said in a statement that “[n]o woman should ever be described in these terms or talked about in this manner.”

Trump brushed aside calls for him to get out of the race. “I WILL NEVER DROP OUT OF THE RACE, I WILL NEVER LET MY SUPPORTERS DOWN!” he declared in a tweet Saturday afternoon. He is scheduled to make a fundraising swing through Texas in the days following Sunday’s presidential debate.

Follow
 Donald J. Trump ✔ @realDonaldTrump
The media and establishment want me out of the race so badly - I WILL NEVER DROP OUT OF THE RACE, WILL NEVER LET MY SUPPORTERS DOWN! #MAGA
2:40 PM - 8 Oct 2016
  23,148 23,148 Retweets   54,790 54,790 likes
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline Frank Cannon

Re: Trump donors angry, want their money back after lewd tape leak
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2016, 11:38:37 pm »
Judging by his money problems, I guess there are about 6 donors in total.

geronl

« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2016, 11:41:07 pm »
Trump doesn't pay his contractors, heck I doubt he's paid Lewadowsky or Manafort yet. lol

Donors will not get their money back in this lifetime. lol

geronl

« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2016, 11:41:57 pm »
#MAGAHIDE

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2016, 11:44:05 pm »
@sinkspur

Oh, my, he's going to Texas to gather money after this tape has been released?

I wonder where he is going in Texas?  I don't think most Texans will want to give him money.  Texas men aren't like New York men.  He should stay north of the Mason/Dixon line and try to get money from those "northern" folk.

geronl

« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2016, 11:46:13 pm »

I wonder where he is going in Texas?  I don't think most Texans will want to give him money.  Texas men aren't like New York men.  He should stay north of the Mason/Dixon line and try to get money from those "northern" folk.

plenty of liberals in the big cities.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2016, 11:47:18 pm »
I see that Dan Patrick weasled in his "condemnation."  Abbott is saying nothing, as is all of the GOP delegation.  It's pretty reprehensible, if you ask me.

Are they THAT afraid of the Trump rabble?
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2016, 11:49:28 pm »
You break it you bought it.

Offline kjam22

« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2016, 11:49:53 pm »
Donners to trump are just idiots. 
America needs God's forgiveness....... Even if Donald Trump doesn't think he does.

geronl

« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2016, 11:49:58 pm »
Abbott is saying nothing, as is all of the GOP delegation.  It's pretty reprehensible, if you ask me.

Are they THAT afraid of the Trump rabble?

It's a degenerative disease.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2016, 11:53:03 pm »
WASH POST: GOP Donors Robert and Rebekah Mercer Stand by Donald Trump

by Breitbart News8 Oct 20163,126

Billionaire donors Robert and Rebekah Mercer react to the lewd audio of Donald Trump that was released yesterday. Complete statement below:

If Mr. Trump had told Billy Bush, whoever that is, earlier this year that he was for open borders, open trade, and executive actions in pursuit of gun control, we would certainly be rethinking our support for him. If he had admitted to Mr. Bush that he had profited privately by allowing the sale to Russia of 20% of US uranium deposits or that he had amassed his personal fortune not by hard work in the private sector but by selling favors to foreigners on the American taxpayers’ dime, we would certainly be rethinking our support for him. If he had argued that he needed both a public and a private position on issues facing the American public, we would certainly be rethinking our support for him. And finally if Trump had serially terrorized and silenced the victims of violent sexual assault whom he feared could damage his political career, we would most definitely be rethinking our support for him.

Donald Trump’s uncensored comments, both old and new, have been echoed and dissected in the media repeatedly in an effort to kindle among his supporters a conflagration of outrage commensurate with the media’s own faux outrage. Can anyone really be surprised that Mr. Trump could have said to Mr. Bush such things as he has already admitted saying? No. We are completely indifferent to Mr. Trump’s locker room braggadocio.

The same media that resolutely looked away when the most powerful man in the world, a sitting U.S. president with multiple violent sexual assaults to his credit, snared an impressionable young intern in his web and ruined her life, now expects us to gasp with revulsion at Mr. Trump’s irreverent comments. America is finally fed up and disgusted with its political elite. Trump is channeling this disgust and those among the political elite who quake before the boombox of media blather do not appreciate the apocalyptic choice that America faces on November 8th. We have a country to save and there is only one person who can save it. We, and Americans across the country and around the world, stand steadfastly behind Donald J. Trump.

The statement was first reported by The Washington Post.

http://www.breitbart.com/2016-presidential-race/2016/10/08/gop-donors-robert-rebekah-mercer-stand-donald-trump/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2016, 12:40:22 am »
http://www.cbsnews.com/news/trump-donors-angry-want-their-money-back-after-lewd-tape-leak/?ftag=CNM-00-10aab7e&linkId=29717675

Donors to Donald Trump’s presidential campaign have become skittish -- with some downright angry -- after a 2005 tape surfaced Friday in which the GOP nominee can be heard making vulgar remarks about women.

A prominent Trump bundler told CBS News that he “could not tell you how many” calls he’s gotten from donors in the course of the last day. After the Washington Post first published the tape, people want their money back, he said. (The Republican party and the campaign’s fundraising apparatus is not returning donations.)

According to the bundler, donors said they feel betrayed by Trump -- that their efforts have been a waste. Some said they would like to see Mike Pence, Trump’s running mate and the governor of Indiana, at the top of the ticket, though the means of achieving such a switch aren’t clear.

Other Republicans have expressed disgust and outrage over the previously unaired “Access Hollywood” footage from 2005, where Trump boasts about his sexual advances, saying that he can “grab [women] by the p****,” and that when you’re a star “you can do anything.”

Several party leaders, including Senate GOP conference chair John Thune of North Dakota, also called for Trump to step down from the ticket.

Others have weighed in with forceful condemnations of the businessman, including House Speaker Paul Ryan, who said he was “sickened” by the 2005 comments, and Republican National Committee Chair Reince Priebus, who said in a statement that “[n]o woman should ever be described in these terms or talked about in this manner.”

Trump brushed aside calls for him to get out of the race. “I WILL NEVER DROP OUT OF THE RACE, I WILL NEVER LET MY SUPPORTERS DOWN!” he declared in a tweet Saturday afternoon. He is scheduled to make a fundraising swing through Texas in the days following Sunday’s presidential debate.

Follow
 Donald J. Trump ✔ @realDonaldTrump
The media and establishment want me out of the race so badly - I WILL NEVER DROP OUT OF THE RACE, WILL NEVER LET MY SUPPORTERS DOWN! #MAGA
2:40 PM - 8 Oct 2016
  23,148 23,148 Retweets   54,790 54,790 likes
Someone has their Dakotas mixed up. Thune is from SOUTH Dakota.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2016, 12:42:53 am by Smokin Joe »
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #12 on: October 09, 2016, 12:44:59 am »
WASH POST: GOP Donors Robert and Rebekah Mercer Stand by Donald Trump

by Breitbart News8 Oct 20163,126

Billionaire donors Robert and Rebekah Mercer react to the lewd audio of Donald Trump that was released yesterday. Complete statement below:

> snip < We have a country to save and there is only one person who can save it. We, and Americans across the country and around the world, stand steadfastly behind Donald J. Trump.

The statement was first reported by The Washington Post.

http://www.breitbart.com/2016-presidential-race/2016/10/08/gop-donors-robert-rebekah-mercer-stand-donald-trump/
Actually, of the 330,000,000 people out there in the US, I think there are other folks who just might be able to do the job.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline HoustonSam

• "That'll be the day......"
  • old times there are not forgotten
« Reply #13 on: October 09, 2016, 12:49:21 am »

After the Washington Post first published the tape, people want their money back, he said.

Trump will probably repay himself whatever he spent on his "self-funding" primary on this basis.
James 1:20

HonestJohn

« Reply #14 on: October 09, 2016, 01:52:07 am »
Another bunch of suckers who'll learn, the hard way, that Trump never returns anyone's money.

Online Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #15 on: October 09, 2016, 01:54:15 am »
Another bunch of suckers who'll learn, the hard way, that Trump never returns anyone's money.

And Trump is unprofitable rathole and incompetent businessman. Probably a fake billionaire.

Offline cato potatoe

« Reply #16 on: October 09, 2016, 01:58:02 am »
The next GOP congress needs to pressure the Clinton administration to investigate the Trump campaign.  All of that money is going somewhere, and it isn't to advertising.

Online Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #17 on: October 09, 2016, 01:59:46 am »
The next GOP congress needs to pressure the Clinton administration to investigate the Trump campaign.  All of that money is going somewhere, and it isn't to advertising.

There were stories he was basically embezzling that money in his own hotels. The moron has no soul.