Author Topic: STATEMENT FROM JOHN McCAIN WITHDRAWING SUPPORT OF DONALD TRUMP  (Read 2197 times)

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
STATEMENT FROM JOHN McCAIN WITHDRAWING SUPPORT OF DONALD TRUMP
« on: October 08, 2016, 09:36:18 pm »
In addition to my well known differences with Donald Trump on public policy issues, I have raised questions about his character after his comments on Prisoners of War, the Khan Gold Star family, Judge Curiel and earlier inappropriate comments about women. Just this week, he made outrageous statements about the innocent men in the Central Park Five case.

“As I said yesterday, there are no excuses for Donald Trump’s offensive and demeaning comments in the just released video; no woman should ever be victimized by this kind of inappropriate behavior. He alone bears the burden of his conduct and alone should suffer the consequences.

“I have wanted to support the candidate our party nominated. He was not my choice, but as a past nominee, I thought it important I respect the fact that Donald Trump won a majority of the delegates by the rules our party set. I thought I owed his supporters that deference.

“But Donald Trump’s behavior this week, concluding with the disclosure of his demeaning comments about women and his boasts about sexual assaults, make it impossible to continue to offer even conditional support for his candidacy. Cindy, with her strong background in human rights and respect for women fully agrees with me in this.

“Cindy and I will not vote for Donald Trump. I have never voted for a Democratic presidential candidate and we will not vote for Hillary Clinton. We will write in the name of some good conservative Republican who is qualified to be President.”

http://www.johnmccain.com/statement-from-john-mccain-withdrawing-support-of-donald-trump/

Offline Norm Lenhart

Re: STATEMENT FROM JOHN McCAIN WITHDRAWING SUPPORT OF DONALD TRUMP
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2016, 09:42:58 pm »
Oh hell now I gotta agree with something the lawn dart did. So Be it. Thank you John. There is some patriotism left in you afterall.

Offline corbe

« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2016, 09:45:25 pm »
   Any respect I had for John McCain, and I'm a Vietnam Vet, I lost when he sold out the veterans on their Health Care.  The Phoenix VA is one of the worst, nationally.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online cato potatoe

« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2016, 02:38:11 am »
It's worth noting that Trump is now behind in Arizona (again).  We are closing in on the 400 EV wipeout that was predicted after he won the Indiana primary. 

Offline musiclady

« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2016, 02:44:14 am »
I'm glad people are withdrawing support, but once again:  It is the same binary choice we had last week.  The courts are still there wanting to be our oligarchy.  Hillary is still awful.  Where are the apologies to those of us who saw Trump as unfit a long time ago?  Huh?

The question is, why didn't these idiots see that Trump was unfit as soon as we did??

It's not like they didn't have the information that the guy was a reprobate loser.

They chose to ignore it.

Now, as you said, it's too late.  I suppose it's better late than never, but if they had cared, they would never have come out in support of a leftist creep like Trump.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2016, 02:53:32 am »

Oceander

« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2016, 02:55:37 am »

Offline dfwgator

Oceander

« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2016, 02:57:19 am »

Trump and Clinton go way, way, way back:

I win.

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2016, 02:58:31 am »
Trump was a private citizen.  McCain was a US Senator.

I win.

Oceander

« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2016, 02:58:34 am »

I win.

Oceander

« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2016, 02:59:10 am »
Trump was a private citizen.  McCain was a US Senator.

I win.

Distinction without a difference.  Trump didn't have to associate with her - he voluntarily chose to do so - McCain did not.  That photo is from a formal ceremony and he had no choice in the matter.  You lose.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2016, 02:59:51 am by Oceander »

Oceander

« Reply #12 on: October 09, 2016, 03:00:49 am »

I win.  Again.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #13 on: October 09, 2016, 03:01:34 am »
Wow. The guy that got called a fake war hero is pulling his support from the person that called him that. Shocking!

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #14 on: October 09, 2016, 03:01:40 am »
Distinction without a difference.  Trump didn't have to associate with her - he voluntarily chose to do so - McCain did not.  That photo is from a formal ceremony and he had no choice in the matter.  You lose.

It's no secret that at one time Trump was a Democrat.   And once Reagan was a New Deal Democrat.  Things change.  Heck when Trump made those remarks he probably still was a Democrat. 

Offline libertybele

« Reply #15 on: October 09, 2016, 03:02:44 am »
“Cindy and I will not vote for Donald Trump. I have never voted for a Democratic presidential candidate and we will not vote for Hillary Clinton. We will write in the name of some good conservative Republican who is qualified to be President.”

????  There are a couple of Congressmen who have basically stated the same.  Only problem is, and they should know this, is, if you write in a candidate that has not qualified to be a write-in candidate on the ballot, your vote will NOT count!!!

If there ever was a time to vote third party, that time has now arrived.  Just my opinion here.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #16 on: October 09, 2016, 03:02:56 am »

I win.  Again.

Three Republicans and a Democrat. Which one is which?

Oceander

« Reply #17 on: October 09, 2016, 03:03:46 am »
It's no secret that at one time Trump was a Democrat.   And once Reagan was a New Deal Democrat.  Things change.  Heck when Trump made those remarks he probably still was a Democrat. 

Yes.  And Reagan's change was clear, and was done after great study and forethought.  When Reagan said the party left him, he was believable.  Trump has no such change.  To all appearances he wakes up each morning, flips a coin, and decides 'R' or 'D' on that basis.  Trump's "conversion" to the RNC is as transparently fake as his "apology" last night.

Oceander

« Reply #18 on: October 09, 2016, 03:04:10 am »
Three Republicans and a Democrat. Which one is which?

I don't see the republicans.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #19 on: October 09, 2016, 03:07:43 am »
I don't see the republicans.

I found 2. Rudy and Slick. I cannot find the third out of the remaining personalities.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #20 on: October 09, 2016, 03:09:11 am »
I found 2. Rudy and Slick. I cannot find the third out of the remaining personalities.

There are no Republicans in the pictures, but I believe the other idiot in the picture is Boehner.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2016, 03:10:42 am by libertybele »
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Charlespg

« Reply #21 on: October 09, 2016, 03:11:35 am »
Woman Raped by gorilla joke  by McCain

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gz9GtiVIQZ0

My god what a bunch of grandstanding  self righteous hypocrites
Rather Trump Then Cackles Clinton

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #22 on: October 09, 2016, 03:13:00 am »
There are no Republicans in the pictures, but I believe the other idiot in the picture is Boehner.

Mike Bloomberg, not Boehner.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #23 on: October 09, 2016, 03:13:43 am »
Woman Raped by gorilla joke  by McCain

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gz9GtiVIQZ0

My god what a bunch of grandstanding  self righteous hypocrites

Telling a joke is not the same as sexual assault.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #24 on: October 09, 2016, 03:18:12 am »
Hey, John, shall we talk about how you left your wife on her deathbed to be with Cindy?