Author Topic: WHIP LIST: Republicans breaking with Trump  (Read 503 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
WHIP LIST: Republicans breaking with Trump
« on: October 08, 2016, 08:23:13 pm »
 By Jonathan Easley - 10/08/16 02:35 PM EDT

GOP lawmakers and elected officials are abandoning presidential nominee Donald Trump in droves just one month before Election Day after audio emerged of him making sexually obscene remarks about groping women.

Here is a list of Republicans who have either rescinded their endorsements from Trump or are calling on him to withdraw from the ticket entirely:
Republicans revoking endorsements (7)

Sen. Kelly Ayotte (R-N.H.): “I will not be voting for Donald Trump or Hillary Clinton and instead will be writing in Governor Pence on Election Day.” Ayotte had said earlier that she was supporting Trump but not endorsing him for president.

Alabama Gov. Robert Bentley: "I certainly won't vote for Hillary Clinton, but I cannot and will not vote for Donald Trump."

Rep. Jason Chaffetz (R-Utah), House Oversight Committee chairman: “I’m out. I can no longer in good conscience endorse this person for president. It is some of the most abhorrent and offensive comments that you can possibly imagine.”

Utah Gov. Gary Herbert: “While I cannot vote for Hillary Clinton, I will not vote for Trump.”

Rep. Frank Lo Biondo (R-N.J.): "I will write in Governor Mike Pence for President.”

Sen. Lisa Murkowski (R-Ak.):

more
http://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/300011-whip-list-republicans-breaking-with-trump
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline libertybele

Re: WHIP LIST: Republicans breaking with Trump
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2016, 09:01:38 pm »
Yet the SOB refuses to step down.  My hunch is he will continue to make a royal assho** of himself. Does he not think this won't be an issue and it's going to just go away?  I'm sure this isn't the end and there's more dirt on him to come.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2016, 09:05:13 pm »
IMHO the timing couldn't get any worse for Cruz ... he's stating now that "Every wife, mother, daughter -- every person -- deserves to be treated with dignity and respect.

Sorry, Ted... what about your wife??  You endorsed him without a public to your wife and family. 
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2016, 09:15:36 pm »
John McCain just pulled his support. 

I've never been prouder to stand with all you #NeverTrumps.  We were derided and ridiculed, but we stood firm.

And we stayed true to our principles.

And now, for sure, it will be #NeverTrump.  Ever.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

geronl

« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2016, 09:22:31 pm »
Both Alaska Senators.....

geronl

« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2016, 09:23:33 pm »
Yet the SOB refuses to step down.  My hunch is he will continue to make a royal assho** of himself. Does he not think this won't be an issue and it's going to just go away?  I'm sure this isn't the end and there's more dirt on him to come.

He will spend the rest of the campaign attacking Republicans... come to think of it, he's spent most of the campaign doing that already