Author Topic: RNC lawyers look at options for replacing Trump  (Read 3736 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
RNC lawyers look at options for replacing Trump
« on: October 08, 2016, 08:07:14 pm »

RNC lawyers look at options for replacing Trump

By Ben Schreckinger

10/08/16 01:53 PM EDT

Updated 10/08/16 01:53 PM EDT

The Republican National Committee is taking the weekend to reevaluate its strategy while lawyers examine the legal hurdles to replacing Donald Trump with another nominee, according to Republicans in touch with the committee.

On Friday night, RNC chair Reince Priebus told an aggrieved state party chair that he realized a public dumping of Trump by the party would sink the nominee’s remaining chances. He said the committee would take 48 hours to reevaluate its election strategy, according to a Republican operative briefed on the conversation.

The RNC saw the departure of two low-level field staffers in the states on Friday night and is expecting more, according to the operative.

Meanwhile, the RNC has lawyers examining the possibility of putting forth another nominee one month from Election Day, with ballots already printed and early voting in progress in some states, according to two other Republicans. “RNC has an army of lawyers right now looking at Rule 9 and ballot questions,” said one, a Republican strategist. The RNC’s Rule 9 pertains to filling vacant nominations.

But the lawyers have concluded that Trump would have to cooperate in any attempt to replace him, said another Republican in touch with the committee. “The fact remains that he can only be replaced if he quits or dies. And he’s declared today he’s not planning on doing either.”

Even as they consider eleventh-hour options, party officials are urging local operatives to remain calm and see if Trump can weather the storm.

Matt Pinnell, the RNC's state party director, has been fielding calls from chairmen around the country and urging them to stay the course, at least for now.

Steve House, the Colorado GOP chairman, called Pinnell Saturday morning with questions about how to potentially replace a nominee once his name has been printed on ballots that are about to be sent out.

"I asked if we should change course in any way regarding resources, strategy and the answer was, 'No'," House said. "So we're just going to keep doing what we're doing and see what happens in the next 24 hours, especially with the debate."

RNC spokesman Sean Spicer did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/10/republicans-replace-trump-229352?cmpid=sf#ixzz4MW9U99g4
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

HonestJohn

Re: RNC lawyers look at options for replacing Trump
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2016, 08:25:12 pm »
Unless Trump leaves willingly, his supporters will revolt.  It is not all about the legality of it.  They love their slimeball and will stick with him no matter what unless he dumps them.

It'd be the easiest way of getting his supporters out of the party...

Which would finally allow the GOP to implement the recommendations made from the last Presidential election autopsy.  IE: stop insulting minorities, especially Hispanics.

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2016, 08:37:42 pm »
Unless Trump leaves willingly, his supporters will revolt.  It is not all about the legality of it.  They love their slimeball and will stick with him no matter what unless he dumps them.

I do not like him,  let alone love him,  but that is not the point.   They backstab Trump,  and I will do everything I can to backstab THEM.   

*I* do not care that Trump used nasty language 11 years ago.   I don't care if Trump used nasty language last week.     At this point,  I no longer care much of anything about what is wrong with Trump,    I figured him out years ago.   

What I care is that the alternative is a F***ing Nazi hate witch who will attack us with the Federal government the moment she gets a chance.   

But the Behavior of the party is another matter.   I have long ignored the claims that there is an "Elite"  in bed with the Democrats in collusion to advance the cause of the "Uni-Party."    This bit of backstabbing actually started making me take the claim seriously. 

Republicans unwillingness to do ANYTHING to stop Obama's agenda made me take it even more seriously.   

Now,  if they  use this pathetic excuse to dump the candidate for which the Primary voters voted,   I will realize there is something to this claim that they are both working for the same side,  and I will try to make them pay for it in any manner of which I can think.   

‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2016, 08:42:13 pm »

What's left to sink, Reince?  It's already sunk and we need to replace him no matter what some idiots think or do.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2016, 08:43:35 pm »

Which would finally allow the GOP to implement the recommendations made from the last Presidential election autopsy.  IE: stop insulting minorities, especially Hispanics.

Amen.  The Republican Party does not need people dumb and crazy enough to support Trump. 

Getting rid of them would be the second best thing that would happen if we got rid of Trump.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2016, 08:45:30 pm »

Yes, it is about the legality.  He cannot be legally forced out. This is nothing more than a smoke and mirrors piece; same kind of rhetoric was floating around before he became the nominee...they pushed Trump through quickly and now they're up in arms because he's once again made an ass out of himself. Baloney!   This is nothing but a crock of crappola; just like Trump himself.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2016, 08:48:25 pm »

You are out of your mind if you think that is the biggest problem facing Republicans.   

And why are you buying into the media narrative?   I know of no "insults"  made by Republicans against Hispanics.    If you are referring to Trumps complaints about ILLEGAL ALIENS  as "Insults to Hispanics",   then you are simply buying into the brainwash which the New York media is selling. 

‘What all the wise men promised has not happened, and what all the damned fools said would happen has come to pass.’
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2016, 08:50:26 pm »
Simple. Make him go it alone. Withdraw all funding, stop all events and dump the entire ad budget into the house and senate races/ads stating, "Trump presents an existential danger to America. We do not want clinton but we do need the House and senate. We need them to counter Hillary once she wins the election and as a party we are pulling all our support from this dangerous man." Or some version of that.

Then do it.

Better yet, fund Castle. He's closer to their beliefs than Clintons. Assuming that they have any "Republican' in them. Which I doubt.

Let the Trump idiots scream.

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2016, 08:51:56 pm »

Good. Let them get stupid and violent. Thats their choice Not ours.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2016, 08:53:58 pm »
The only option they don't have is the option to win.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2016, 08:54:45 pm »
Simple. Make him go it alone. Withdraw all funding, stop all events and dump the entire ad budget into the house and senate races/ads stating, "Trump presents an existential danger to America. We do not want clinton but we do need the House and senate. We need them to counter Hillary once she wins the election and as a party we are pulling all our support from this dangerous man." Or some version of that.

Then do it.

Better yet, fund Castle. He's closer to their beliefs than Clintons. Assuming that they have any "Republican' in them. Which I doubt.

Let the Trump idiots scream.

:amen:
« Last Edit: October 08, 2016, 08:55:14 pm by libertybele »

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2016, 08:54:54 pm »

Unless the Republican party returns to first principles, stands for something and rebuilds trust, there will be nothing to rebuild.  It's dead.

If it tries to backstab Trump in this election,  it is dead.    To quote Yamamoto,   they will "have awakened a sleeping giant and filled him with a terrible resolve."

A lot of the party is just barely tolerating those snobbish elite who have been actively doing absolutely nothing to interfere with Obama's agenda,   and if they pull this stunt,   there will be millions of people who  will be screaming for their heads.   

— Lord Melbourne —

Offline libertybele

« Reply #12 on: October 08, 2016, 08:56:21 pm »

If it tries to backstab Trump in this election,  it is dead.    To quote Yamamoto,   they will "have awakened a sleeping giant and filled him with a terrible resolve."

A lot of the party is just barely tolerating those snobbish elite who have been actively doing absolutely nothing to interfere with Obama's agenda,   and if they pull this stunt,   there will be millions of people who  will be screaming for their heads.

Hello.  The party died the day they handed Trump the nomination.

HonestJohn

« Reply #13 on: October 08, 2016, 09:01:39 pm »

You are out of your mind if you think that is the biggest problem facing Republicans.   

And why are you buying into the media narrative?   I know of no "insults"  made by Republicans against Hispanics.    If you are referring to Trumps complaints about ILLEGAL ALIENS  as "Insults to Hispanics",   then you are simply buying into the brainwash which the New York media is selling.

Your response boils down to a:

"I have my eyes closed and cannot see anything.  Therefore there is no truck headed towards me."

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #14 on: October 08, 2016, 09:03:02 pm »
How about JEB? He's not doing anything,and it would make  his mommy happy.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

HonestJohn

« Reply #15 on: October 08, 2016, 09:04:03 pm »

I'm willing to call your buff. 

For it's *EXACTLY* what my original post called for.  It's funny how Trump supporters think that it's a threat if they do what we'd like them to do.  Which is to get out of the GOP.

Once gone, the GOP can rebuild.  It'll take so time, but we'll finally have a party that attracts voters for it's message.  Instead of the current situation of a message actively heaping hate ONTO voters.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2016, 09:10:51 pm by HonestJohn »

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #16 on: October 08, 2016, 09:06:30 pm »

Keyboard commandos like Trumps supporters better worry about scouring their postings. Once Hillary takes over, I hear she likes extracting vengeance.

Personally I won't stand in her way. Not for someone that is talking like that. They are a danger to myself and my family.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #17 on: October 08, 2016, 09:06:34 pm »

Yup, The threats are tiresome.

Nut up or shut up.

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #18 on: October 08, 2016, 09:09:00 pm »
Yup, The threats are tiresome.

Nut up or shut up.

No danger to men. They would only grab pxxxy like their leader. And unlike them, Conservatives won't let women be assulted by liberals.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #19 on: October 08, 2016, 09:09:39 pm »

@HonestJohn

Excellent point! We should get the RNC to lobby to make Spanglish our national language,and fence hopping/creek swimming our national sport.

HonestJohn

« Reply #20 on: October 08, 2016, 09:11:37 pm »
@HonestJohn

Excellent point! We should get the RNC to lobby to make Spanglish our national language,and fence hopping/creek swimming our national sport.

I'm still up for annexing Mexico.

:laugh:
« Last Edit: October 08, 2016, 09:12:06 pm by HonestJohn »

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #21 on: October 08, 2016, 09:14:07 pm »

I have long ignored the claims that there is an "Elite"  in bed with the Democrats in collusion to advance the cause of the "Uni-Party."    This bit of backstabbing actually started making me take the claim seriously. 

Republicans unwillingness to do ANYTHING to stop Obama's agenda made me take it even more seriously.   

@DiogenesLamp

We have two political parties in this country,and their names are "Them" and "Us". "Them are the fascist bastards that want to establish a global super state ran by people they appoint,and "Us" are the ones that dream of living free.

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #22 on: October 08, 2016, 09:29:18 pm »

What bluff?   I do not know what you mean about bluff.   

For it's *EXACTLY* what my original post called for.  It's funny how Trump supporters think that it's a threat if they do what we'd like them to do.  Which is to get out of the GOP.

You are starting to convince me that I should not argue with you.  Or even discuss anything with you.   

Once gone, the GOP can rebuild.  It'll take so time, but we'll finally have a party that attracts voters for it's message.  Instead of the current situation of a message actively heaping hate ONTO voters.

You are starting to convince me that you have Marie Antoinette's understanding of social demographics.   

Just how much time have you spent studying the makeup of the Democrat Party?   The Republican Party?   Do you know which groups support which parties and why?   

What do you know about politics?  Have you ever studied the subject in a scientific manner?   

I feel like i'm listening to George HW Bush telling us that he's going to raise taxes.   A more tone-deaf grasp of politics,  a man could not have. 

— Lord Melbourne —

Offline DiogenesLamp

« Reply #23 on: October 08, 2016, 09:36:27 pm »
Keyboard commandos like Trumps supporters better worry about scouring their postings. Once Hillary takes over, I hear she likes extracting vengeance.

Personally I won't stand in her way. Not for someone that is talking like that. They are a danger to myself and my family.

I think you might be joking,  but my sarcasm meter broke a long time ago.   One simply cannot any longer tell the difference between bonified stupidity and someone making a joke.   

I have actually given the matter quite a bit of thought,  and I think i'm too deep in now to pretend I haven't said all sorts of horrible nasty things about "Der Fuhrer."   

I can only hope that I am too small of a fish for them to make much effort about,  but  I should not be surprised if I face repercussions for my words down the road. 

I have faced jail and intimidation for my previous political activities.    I have a letter in my desk at this very moment from the FEC informing me of charges made against me for violating Federal Election law in my opposition to a bastard Democrat candidate which I helped to humiliate and defeat badly.    Fortunately for me,  the charges were dropped.   

I guess I shall just have to live with the consequences of my words.   
— Lord Melbourne —

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #24 on: October 08, 2016, 09:40:14 pm »

I think you might be joking,  but my sarcasm meter broke a long time ago.   One simply cannot any longer tell the difference between bonified stupidity and someone making a joke.   

Not joking in the slightest. When hillarys brownshirts march, I will make it a point to do nothing to endanger myself or family when they come looking for Trumpites. You all said you didn't need us. I take you at your word.

Best of luck with going it alone Capt. Keyboard.