Author Topic: Why Trump won't get dumped from the GOP ticket  (Read 901 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Why Trump won't get dumped from the GOP ticket
« on: October 08, 2016, 01:04:39 pm »
 Why Trump won't get dumped from the GOP ticket

There's a little-known rule that gives party leaders the authority to choose a new nominee, but RNC members are so far showing no appetite for invoking it.

By Kyle Cheney

10/08/16 07:41 AM EDT

Updated 10/08/16 07:52 AM EDT

The leaked video of Donald Trump's crude comments on women has prompted a handful of prominent Republicans to demand that the national party replace him as its presidential nominee. But their efforts are almost certainly in vain.

While a never-before-invoked Republican National Committee rule gives party leaders the authority to choose a new nominee, committee members are so far showing no appetite for using it — despite calls to do so by elected officials including Illinois Sen. Mark Kirk, Colorado Rep. Mike Coffman, former Utah Gov. Jon Huntsman and former New Hampshire Sen. Gordon Humphrey.

"No one I've spoken with is in agreement with those you've mentioned," said West Virginia RNC Committeewoman Melody Potter, in an email. "My opinion, Trump should NOT be replaced."

more
http://www.politico.com/story/2016/10/donald-trump-gop-ticket-229339
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline kevindavis007

Re: Why Trump won't get dumped from the GOP ticket
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2016, 01:32:36 pm »
Basically it is too late.
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2016, 02:11:33 pm »

If Trump remotely had any love of this country he would step down.  But we all know what (who) he loves.

Even Nixon was more patriotic.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online corbe

« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2016, 02:24:12 pm »
   Correct me if I'm wrong but in most States the Electors of the Electoral College are bound to the Party- Not the Candidate. 

It's never to late for the sleazy RNC to put whoever 'THEY' decide is best for US!

Regardless of whose name is on the Ballot or Early Voting.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2016, 02:25:45 pm by corbe »
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2016, 02:26:48 pm »
If the RNC wants to maintain any credibility, it will direct ALL financial and physical resources to maintaining the House and Senate.

Abandon Trump.  Completely.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Oceander

« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2016, 02:28:43 pm »
Unfortunately, even if he did step down, he's already on ballots that have been printed, and i some states early voting is already happening. I'd still like him to step down anyway, as I think purging him from the GOP is a necessary pre-condition to a badly needed GOP reformation. But I don't see that happening unless some way was found gor Trump to do it without damaging his ego.

Pence is also on those ballots, and could therefore be a possibility for the electoral college, or the House of Representatives.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2016, 02:31:14 pm »
   Correct me if I'm wrong but in most States the Electors of the Electoral College are bound to the Party- Not the Candidate. 

It's never to late for the sleazy RNC to put whoever 'THEY' decide is best for US!

Regardless of whose name is on the Ballot or Early Voting.
Technically, if the candidate the pledgers are bound to drops out of the race, it depends on the state, but I'm pretty sure they're not actually bound at all in most places. I could be wrong.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

HonestJohn

« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2016, 08:40:09 pm »

It was too late about two weeks ago.

That was when the absentee ballots went out.  I already received mine and have already voted.

I wrote about the logistics of the issue here:

http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,228489.msg1083250.html#msg1083250