Author Topic: Paul Ryan to Stand Together with Trump in Show of GOP Unity - House speaker says: 'If people are unsure how to vote, just think about the Supreme Court'  (Read 836 times)

HAPPY2BME

by Edmund Kozak | Updated 07 Oct 2016 at 12:01 PM   

House speaker says: 'If people are unsure how to vote, just think about the Supreme Court'

Ryan officially endorsed Trump’s candidacy in June, but Saturday will be the first time the two have appeared publicly together.

Ryan denied fiercely any desire to see Trump lose and criticized Republicans who have such a desire. “It’s a two-way street. We both have to help each other,” he said. “I am doing 22 states and 32 cities this month for the Republican Party all around America.”

“What I am saying and showing here is our agenda, here is what you can get done — but only with a unified Republican government,” Ryan explained. “You cannot turn this country around with this kind of divided government,” he said.

http://www.lifezette.com/polizette/paul-ryan-stand-together-trump-show-gop-unity/

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
who is unsure?

Trump is, on a day to day basis. I have no guarantee he'll put in conservatives on the SCOTUS. The guy makes Joe Biden look like Steady Eddie.
The Republic is lost.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Trump is, on a day to day basis. I have no guarantee he'll put in conservatives on the SCOTUS. The guy makes Joe Biden look like Steady Eddie.
We all know how Trump works: he demands fealty to get anything. Trump will put a nominee in front of the Senate that will grant Trump favors on the bench, regardless of the judge's ideology.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
We all know how Trump works: he demands fealty to get anything. Trump will put a nominee in front of the Senate that will grant Trump favors on the bench, regardless of the judge's ideology.

Very true! Ultimately that is what it will be - the old Democrat patronage system from years gone by. And Trump will rock it like it NYC in 1954.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Norm Lenhart

Very true! Ultimately that is what it will be - the old Democrat patronage system from years gone by. And Trump will rock it like it NYC in 1954.

Only if people hate their country enough to elect him.

geronl

Trump and Hillary wouldn't get near the Oval Office in a sane world