Author Topic: Survey: D.C. bureaucrats think 'public are idiots.' 'Many civil servants expressed utter contempt for the citizens they served'  (Read 1412 times)

rangerrebew

Survey: D.C. bureaucrats think 'public are idiots'
'Many civil servants expressed utter contempt for the citizens they served'
Published: 13 hours ago

WASHINGTON – “These are ungrateful ignoramuses. Never has the term ‘public servant’ been rendered more devoid of meaning.”

That was the succinct but scathing reaction of former Rep. Michele Bachmann, R-Minn., to the findings in a survey in a Washington Post article titled, “Washington’s ‘governing elite’ think Americans are morons.”

The survey found most of the bureaucrats and Capitol Hill staffers who run the federal government think public opinion should be largely ignored on policy decisions.

Read more at http://www.wnd.com/2016/10/survey-d-c-bureaucrats-think-public-are-idiots/#moZ44RYmlUIMV0j0.99

Offline skeeter

'Many civil servants expressed utter contempt for the citizens they served'
Published: 13 hours ago

WASHINGTON – “These are ungrateful ignoramuses. Never has the term ‘public servant’ been rendered more devoid of meaning.”

That was the succinct but scathing reaction of former Rep. Michele Bachmann, R-Minn., to the findings in a survey in a Washington Post article titled, “Washington’s ‘governing elite’ think Americans are morons.”

The survey found most of the bureaucrats and Capitol Hill staffers who run the federal government think public opinion should be largely ignored on policy decisions.

Read more at http://www.wnd.com/2016/10/survey-d-c-bureaucrats-think-public-are-idiots/#moZ44RYmlUIMV0j0.99

Duh. This reporter must have not visited a DMV lately.

I dread each and every interaction with civil servants I am forced to have.

Offline Night Hides Not

In other news, the sun rose in the east this morning, or so I'm told. It's raining cats and dogs in North Texas.

The poster child for this story is Lois Lerner.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2016, 01:12:13 pm by Night Hides Not »
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
The worst part is that bureaucrats generally live in the world of academia and have no clue how the real world works.
The Republic is lost.

Offline dfwgator

They are idiots. How else do you explain Obama getting elected twice?
« Last Edit: October 07, 2016, 03:39:55 pm by dfwgator »

Offline Frank Cannon

The public are idiots, frankly.

Really? Have you dealt with any govt' agencies lately?

Offline Norm Lenhart

Whadda you know! They really do understand their voters afterall!

Offline HoustonSam

• "That'll be the day......"
  • old times there are not forgotten

Government agencies are staffed by people drawn from the general public.  The latter *is* composed of idiots so the former necessarily is also.  Representative government can only reflect the character of those represented, so the idiocy problem has to be solved outside of government. 

The *arrogance* problem is another matter however.
James 1:20

Offline Norm Lenhart

Who elected the government?

Yea see, I make that point all the time but I hear that a unicorn appears in DC every 2 years and poops politicans.

I know thats true because I cant find right wing voters that fess up to electing them. I have met lots of people that say they didn't have a choice and such. But never any willing to admit they were the person that helped empower the liberals in DC with their vote to elect the liberals in the GOP.

Online andy58-in-nh

"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline Frank Cannon

Who elected the government?

No one. Most of the workers for the Govt' are mostly affirmative action and nepotism hires.

Offline dfwgator

“You might have noticed that I never complain about politicians. I leave that to others. And there’s no shortage of volunteers; everyone complains about politicians. Everyone says they suck. But where do people think these politicians come from? They don’t fall out of the sky; they don’t pass through a membrane from a separate reality. They come from American homes, American families, American schools, American churches, and American businesses. And they’re elected by American voters. This is what our system produces, folks. This is the best we can do. Let’s face it, we have very little to work with. Garbage in, garbage out.”  - George Carlin

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
No one. Most of the workers for the Govt' are mostly affirmative action and nepotism hires.

Yeah but who put in the laws that enabled that crap? The voters did.

Who elected big-government libs? The voters.

Offline Frank Cannon

Yeah but who put in the laws that enabled that crap? The voters did.

Who elected big-government libs? The voters.

LOL. I'm looking for the law that requires nepotism but having trouble finding it. Can you point it out to me?

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
LOL. I'm looking for the law that requires nepotism but having trouble finding it. Can you point it out to me?

Didn't say there was a law that requires nepotism. Reread what I wrote carefully.

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
"When you are dead, you do not know you are dead. It's only painful and difficult for others. The same applies when you are stupid." - Ricky Gervais
« Last Edit: October 07, 2016, 04:25:43 pm by Luis Gonzalez »
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs

Really?

Are "public servants" members of some subset of the population that segregates them (pre-employment) from being part of that larger population that we generally call "the public" ?
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs