Author Topic: Where do the 2016 presidential candidates stand on the issues?  (Read 3653 times)

HAPPY2BME

Where do the 2016 presidential candidates stand on the issues?
« on: October 07, 2016, 01:34:36 am »
Posted 4:45 pm, October 6, 2016, by Tribune Media Wire

Below, find the stances of Democratic presidential candidate Hillary Clinton, Libertarian presidential candidate Gary Johnson, Green Party presidential candidate Jill Stein and Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump on key issues.

BUDGET

In order to balance the budget, do you support an income tax increase on any tax bracket?

Hillary Clinton: Yes
Gary Johnson: No
Jill Stein: Yes
Donald Trump: No

CRIME

Do you support mandatory minimum sentences for non-violent drug offenders?

Hillary Clinton: No
Jill Stein: No
Donald Trump:  Unknown position

ECONOMY

Do your support federal spending as a means of promoting economic growth?

Do you support lowering taxes as a means of promoting economic growth?

Gary Johnson: Yes
Donald Trump: Yes

EDUCATION

Do you generally support requiring all states to adopt federal education standards?

ENERGY

Do you support the building of the Keystone XL pipeline?

Gary Johnson: Unknown position

Do you support government funding for the development of renewable energy? (e.g., solar, wind, thermal)

ENVIRONMENT

Do you support the federal regulation of greenhouse gas emissions?

GUNS

Do you generally support gun-control legislation?

Jill Stein:  Yes

HEALTH CARE

Do you support repealing the 2010 Affordable Care Act (“Obamacare”)?

IMMIGRATION

Do you support requiring immigrants who are unlawfully present to return to their country of origin before they are eligible for citizenship?

MARRIAGE

Do you support same-sex marriage?

NATIONAL SECURITY

Do you support increased American intervention in Iraq and Syria beyond air support?

Donald Trump: Unknown position

SOCIAL SECURITY

Do you support allowing individuals to divert a portion of their Social Security taxes into a personal retirement account?

https://tribwgntv.files.wordpress.com/2016/09/fb-budgetupdated.png?w=266&h=300

Offline aligncare

Re: Where do the 2016 presidential candidates stand on the issues?
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2016, 09:30:34 am »

Why must you post such trivial stuff?

Don't you know folks here have more exciting and significant things to discuss, like the 26 practical survival uses of duct tape and the 30 most popular herbs for natural medicine or the latest bar trivia?

You'd think we're having an important election on which our future depends or something. Oh, wait.....

HAPPY2BME

« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2016, 01:08:42 pm »

Don't you know folks here have more exciting and significant things to discuss, like the 26 practical survival uses of duct tape and the 30 most popular herbs for natural medicine or the latest bar trivia?

You'd think we're having an important election on which our future depends or something. Oh, wait.....

=========================================

This is a progressive neocon web site, what does one expect?

They call me everything from a nazi to a jew hater to a liberal to a pervert to an abomination.

I say it is they who are the abomination rising up as smoke into the nostrils of god, and thank god, i am not the judge.

If one posts facts in favor of donald trump, or exposing hillary clinton here in this land mine of lies and deception, the facts are completely ignored and shunned, not to be discussed or revealed.

we knew this going in

Offline Longmire

« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2016, 01:23:25 pm »
NATIONAL SECURITY

Do you support increased American intervention in Iraq and Syria beyond air support?

Gary Johnson: Unknown position No
Donald Trump: Unknown position Yes
-------------------------------------

I'd say we do know the Johnson (what is Aleppo)  and Trump (take the oil) answers to that question.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2016, 01:39:36 pm »
Do your support federal spending as a means of promoting economic growth?

Donald Trump: No   YES - Proposes spending $500 billion on infrastructure
« Last Edit: October 07, 2016, 01:39:53 pm by sinkspur »
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2016, 01:48:17 pm »
 On balancing the budget, raising income taxes won't do it . And, despite the candidates wish to ignore the problems facing Social Security and Medicare ,mainly insolvency, the reality is it's going to have to be faced sooner than later
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2016, 01:50:28 pm »

They call me everything from a nazi to a jew hater to a liberal to a pervert to an abomination.

I say it is they who are the abomination rising up as smoke into the nostrils of god, and thank god, i am not the judge.

If one posts facts in favor of donald trump, or exposing hillary clinton here in this land mine of lies and deception, the facts are completely ignored and shunned, not to be discussed or revealed.

we knew this going in

Damn, you're getting boring.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2016, 03:10:15 pm »

we knew this going in

Happy, I'm noticing as we get closer and closer to the election that the Trumpets, who claim to not need our vote, seem almost desperate to bring the NeverTrumpers in line by any means necessary.

Hate to tell all of you, but you aren't going to bend the forum or the posters to your will. I think it's time for all the Trumpets to do a serious mental self-check and reel in the armband, clicky boot, bullwhip, and baton supremacy schtick.

Your egos are writing checks your asses can't cash.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2016, 03:11:17 pm by Free Vulcan »
The Republic is lost.

Offline Lando Lincoln

« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2016, 04:17:49 pm »

we knew this going in

Most people know I generally refrain from pointed, political arguments.  I abandoned that years ago.  And, I certainly do not label people with aspersions due to their entrenched views.  Over the years, I have come to realize this too is an exercise in aggravation - arguing in anonymity with a person so invested. 

That said...

I find nothing of merit or value in your post.  You ought to apologize to the good folks here who allow the light of day to shine on a post such as this.  Others elsewhere would be far less magnanimous. 
« Last Edit: October 07, 2016, 04:42:57 pm by Lando Lincoln »
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline Lando Lincoln

« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2016, 04:25:47 pm »

we knew this going in

BTW...

I cannot be insulted into voting for Trump.  I cannot be ridiculed into voting for Trump.  I cannot be mocked into voting for Trump.  I cannot be shamed into voting for Trump.

I can be reasoned into voting for Trump.  Pictures of big crowds won't do it.  Pictures of long lines won't do it.  Reason and reason alone, will do it. 

You started this thread along those lines.  Well done.

Then you insulted the forum, its members and the forum hosts.  YOU sucked the oxygen out of it.  Self-damaging follow-up destroyed it.

Puzzling.
John Steinbeck

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2016, 04:28:53 pm »

Back and to the left.

Oceander

« Reply #11 on: October 07, 2016, 04:29:31 pm »
On balancing the budget, raising income taxes won't do it . And, despite the candidates wish to ignore the problems facing Social Security and Medicare ,mainly insolvency, the reality is it's going to have to be faced sooner than later

And the more time passes before those programs are dealt with, the more painful it's going to be when they ultimately fail, or get fixed.

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #12 on: October 07, 2016, 04:33:02 pm »

we knew this going in

Don't be silly.

No one here thinks that you're an abomination.
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
« Reply #13 on: October 07, 2016, 04:33:04 pm »

:odrama:
How dare we have lives and other interests. Don't you know that our Orange God needs us out there pimping him on the interwebz!

Trump has the best positions on the issues. Trump has all the positions, he's been on both sides of everything. No one has more positions than Trump. His positions are yuge, almost as large as his hands. No one has better positions than Trump. I really mean that. Ask Sean Hannity.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2016, 04:40:43 pm by Idaho_Cowboy »
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #14 on: October 07, 2016, 04:37:26 pm »

Well, that depends on the day of the week, the current polls and where they are at the time they need to discuss "the issues".
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #15 on: October 07, 2016, 04:38:18 pm »
“Politics is the gentle art of getting votes from the poor and campaign funds from the rich by promising to protect each from the other” - Oscar Ameringer

Offline Lando Lincoln

« Reply #16 on: October 07, 2016, 04:39:09 pm »
Don't be silly.

No one here thinks that you're an abomination.

Luis... damn, what have we wrought? 

Hope you and yours are well, amigo.  Matthew is stirring up trouble in your neck of the woods!  I hope he has moseyed on through.
John Steinbeck

Offline bolobaby

« Reply #17 on: October 07, 2016, 04:39:37 pm »
Any analysis of where Trump *claims* to stand TODAY is irrelevant.

The man is as likely to maintain his positions as Hillary is to maintain her email history.
How to lose credibility while posting:
1. Trump is never wrong.
2. Default to the most puerile emoticon you can find. This is especially useful when you can't win an argument on merits.
3. Be falsely ingratiating, completely but politely dismissive without talking to the points, and bring up Hillary whenever the conversation is really about conservatism.
4. When all else fails, remember rule #1 and #2. Emoticons are like the poor man's tweet!

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #18 on: October 07, 2016, 04:42:06 pm »
Luis... damn, what have we wrought? 

Hope you and yours are well, amigo.  Matthew is stirring up trouble in your neck of the woods!  I hope he has moseyed on through.

Missed me by enough distance that we were unscathed.

Now I'm just waiting to see about ths loop thing that it's supposed to be doing.

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #19 on: October 07, 2016, 04:44:57 pm »
Any analysis of where Trump *claims* to stand TODAY is irrelevant.

The man is as likely to maintain his positions as Hillary is to maintain her email history.

Well, then, at least there's the chance that Trump might occasionally stumble and do the right thing.     No chance of that with Hillary.

Offline Lando Lincoln

« Reply #20 on: October 07, 2016, 04:45:00 pm »
Missed me by enough distance that we were unscathed.

Now I'm just waiting to see about ths loop thing that it's supposed to be doing.

That's gotta be the result of humans. {/s}
John Steinbeck

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
« Reply #21 on: October 07, 2016, 04:45:34 pm »
:odrama:
How dare we have lives and interesting. Don't you know that our Orange God needs us out there pimping him on the interwebz!

Trump has the best positions on the issues. Trump has all the positions, he's been on both sides of everything. No one has more positions than Trump. His positions are yuge, almost as large as his hands. No one has better positions than Trump. I really mean that. Ask Sean Hannity.

Gee, I figured survival/homestead articles posted in the proper forum would fit well since we emphasize conservatism, self-sufficiency and independence here at TBR. Being that we are standing on the precipice of a giant debt cliff, I thought posting these things might be pertinent to people.

And yes, this is probably the most important election in this country's history. And we had an ego clown and a sociopathic megalomaniac show up to the party. Do they wonder why some of us feel a little Galt right now?
The Republic is lost.

Offline Lando Lincoln

« Reply #22 on: October 07, 2016, 04:47:40 pm »
Well, then, at least there's the chance that Trump might occasionally stumble and do the right thing.     No chance of that with Hillary.

Hillary is evil by intent and calculation.  THAT is what keeps me contemplating the alternative. 
John Steinbeck

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
« Reply #23 on: October 07, 2016, 04:51:09 pm »
Hillary is evil by intent and calculation.  THAT is what keeps me contemplating the alternative.

Trump has this debate to show me something or he's done and I won't vote for either.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Lando Lincoln

« Reply #24 on: October 07, 2016, 04:56:22 pm »
Trump has this debate to show me something or he's done and I won't vote for either.

Yes, but I won't watch it.  I will catch up in other ways.  The Packers will be hosting the NY Giants.  Far better for the soul. 
John Steinbeck