Author Topic: ...What Percentage of the GOP Do You Estimate Actually Are Irredeemably Racist Deplorables?  (Read 2160 times)

Offline endicom

Ace of Spades HQ
Ace
Oct. 6, 2016

Important Question for the GOP "Intellectual" Class: What Percentage of the GOP Do You Estimate Actually Are Irredeemably Racist Deplorables?

Excerpts:

1. At what point did you realize the party was jam-packed full of racists and anti-semites, so many, in fact, that it becomes a moral necessity to tank an election to prevent them from taking over the country?

>

2. Do you think that, after you successfully throw the election to Hillary, all these racist voters can be successfully re-programmed to be non-racist?

Mucho beaucoup more... http://acecomments.mu.nu/?post=366214

Excellent post by Ace.

HonestJohn

About 15%, in my opinion. 

75 percent, though, aren't conservatives... but just sports fans, rooting for their 'team' without any notion of why.  Only about 10% actually think about the issues and based on their reasoning, decide to join the GOP.

As for when it became necessary?  Well, when it became necessary.  IE: when the GOP nominated Trump as candidate for the general.

And can those 15% be deprogrammed?  No.  But in four years, there will be less of them due to aging and natural death.  So their influence will diminish.  Hopefully enough so that they cannot dictate the GOP nomination ever again.

Offline sinkspur

Trumpism will die with Trump.  Trumpism is nothing but childish foot stomping. 

The children are not going to get what they want.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
As I've said before, the Trump coalition in the primary was made up of several groups. Nihilists who just wanted to see the party imploded, bandwagoners who just wanted to be on the side of the eventual winners, people who admired Trump's name and fame, and nationalist true believers who actually do consider immigration and foreign influence to be our biggest threats were the biggest ones. The racists and anti-semites are actually a very small portion of Trump's base. They look bigger because antisocial and awkward Internet trolls also make up a good chunk of Trump's base; like the nihilists in the primaries, the trolls like causing chaos. Most aren't really Republicans.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Online Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
As I've said before, the Trump coalition in the primary was made up of several groups. Nihilists who just wanted to see the party imploded, bandwagoners who just wanted to be on the side of the eventual winners, people who admired Trump's name and fame, and nationalist true believers who actually do consider immigration and foreign influence to be our biggest threats were the biggest ones. The racists and anti-semites are actually a very small portion of Trump's base. They look bigger because antisocial and awkward Internet trolls also make up a good chunk of Trump's base; like the nihilists in the primaries, the trolls like causing chaos. Most aren't really Republicans.

Yes, it's the Pareto principle at work IMO.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pareto_principle

The loudest idiots are almost always a minority.

Offline dfwgator

Define racist.

Offline Frank Cannon

I generally believe that racists don't vote or if they do they are members of the free shit army, just white. They appear to be a growing number on the Right now just because there is a guy intentionally dog whistling them. I think Donny thought he could activate these racist no voting morons, add them to the GOP voters and win by a landslide. He dabbled with this shit when he and Buchanan were teamed up. Only problem now is that regular GOP voters do not want anything to do with the knuckle draggers.

This is why he is struggling to beat a universally hated Marxist.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Weird observed:
"The loudest idiots are almost always a minority."

Migosh, we sure have a big "minority" of 'em right here in this forum!

From the length of the threads they put up, they be long-winded, too!

Offline Suppressed

I'm guessing that shallow 140-character tweets are more your speed...?
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline endicom

An ill wind that blows no good. An unvarying wind.

Offline montanajoe

About 15%, in my opinion.

75 percent, though, aren't conservatives... but just sports fans, rooting for their 'team' without any notion of why.  Only about 10% actually think about the issues and based on their reasoning, decide to join the GOP.

As for when it became necessary?  Well, when it became necessary.  IE: when the GOP nominated Trump as candidate for the general.

And can those 15% be deprogrammed?  No.  But in four years, there will be less of them due to aging and natural death.  So their influence will diminish.  Hopefully enough so that they cannot dictate the GOP nomination ever again.

@HonestJohn

I agree.

A good friend of mine was a very conservative life long Republican but he was also a proud self proclaimed racist. The funny thing was, that  he was born in Eastern Europe and his mother fled to the US to avoid Hitler's occupation of his homeland. He never did catch the irony...

I rarely spoke to him about his racist/xenophobic  belief's as that was an topic we just agreed to disagree on. I took him to the Philippines,  it was on his bucket list. After a few month's there, he remarked that he was considering rethinking his views on race.

I'm not sure if he ever did, as he passed a few months later, but I like to think he did as he was a good man but sadly ignorant on that issue.

I have also known those on the left who were every but as racist as my friend, I'd say 15% is representative of the country as a whole...
« Last Edit: October 07, 2016, 06:07:00 am by montanajoe »

Offline Frank Cannon

This type of wind?

Offline dfwgator

Offline Suppressed

But nationalist true believers may also be racist. These aren't exclusive groups.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Suppressed

That's fine... after one after anot her after amother Trump post......
+++++++++

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
But nationalist true believers may also be racist. These aren't exclusive groups.
That's true. There is some overlap. But they're not all the same, either—and I don't think, by any measure, it's anywhere near the 50% Hillary claims.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline dfwgator

So can Globalist true believers.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Suppressed wrote:
"I'm guessing that shallow 140-character tweets are more your speed...?"

I don't use Twitter or any social media, for that matter.

I like being brief.

Try harder with your next insult. You're not very good at it.