Author Topic: 6-year-old with undocumented parents could get debate question  (Read 563 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
6-year-old with undocumented parents could get debate question
« on: October 06, 2016, 10:24:13 pm »
 By Rafael Bernal - 10/06/16 05:15 PM EDT

"If you deport my parents, what happens to me?"

That’s the question 6-year-old Sophie Cruz wants to ask the presidential nominees at Sunday night’s town hall debate.

Cruz's question about immigration is getting attention on social media as part of an effort to put the question to Democratic nominee Hillary Clinton and Republican nominee Donald Trump.

"If you deport my parents, what happens to me? I am 6 years old and an American citizen. I have a 3 year old sister who is also an American. My heart is very sad, because I’m scared that ICE is going to deport my undocumented mommy and daddy,” reads the text of Cruz’s question as posted on the Open Debate Coalition website.

Celebrities such as hip-hop mogul Russell Simmons have tweeted in support of Cruz, as have many immigration activists.

more
http://thehill.com/latino/299714-6-year-old-with-undocumented-parents-could-get-debate-question
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

HonestJohn

Re: 6-year-old with undocumented parents could get debate question
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2016, 10:26:18 pm »
Cruz...

Heheheheheh.

That's guaranteed to get under Trump's skin.

Offline kjam22

« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2016, 12:33:35 am »
If you deport my parents what happens to me???   Same thing as if they move by their own choice.   You're 6 years old. You go with them.  Next question???
« Last Edit: October 07, 2016, 12:34:33 am by kjam22 »
America needs God's forgiveness....... Even if Donald Trump doesn't think he does.

Online Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2016, 01:49:58 pm »
The rule should require that only registered voters are permitted to ask questions.  Or at a minimum, that only people eligible to vote may ask questions.  Having kids or non-citizens ask questions shouldn't be permitted in the first place.

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2016, 02:34:07 pm »
The rule should require that only registered voters are permitted to ask questions.  Or at a minimum, that only people eligible to vote may ask questions.  Having kids or non-citizens ask questions shouldn't be permitted in the first place.

:amen:

With all of the professed support the family is receiving, one would think they've had meetings with immigration attorneys already.

I'm too heartless, my answer to the kid would be, "why don't you ask your parents why they haven't seen anyone that could help them legally stay in the US?"

I've got a 6 YO grandson, and he knows how his "Opa" rolls.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Online Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2016, 03:08:28 pm »
We know his/her parents are illegals, why are they not already deported?

This whole issue makes me want to vote Trump.

Wingnut

« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2016, 03:24:40 pm »
Little 6-year-old Sophie Cruz says her question to Trump will be asked in words he will understand since they are both at the same mental age.