Author Topic: Donald Trump is devouring Fox News  (Read 1124 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Donald Trump is devouring Fox News
« on: October 06, 2016, 10:20:39 pm »
By Erik Wemple October 6 at 10:40 AM

Any news outlet wishing to provide solid and comprehensive coverage of the 2016 presidential campaign cannot avoid mentioning Sean Hannity’s promotion of Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump. “Hannity,” which airs in the prime-time lineup of Fox News, is influential among conservatives and enjoys a substantial cable news audience, and its more interesting moments have a long tail on the Internet. In violation of any journalistic principle, Hannity has done a video promotion for Trump, hosted him for softball interviews too numerous to recount and even provided advice to the campaign.

BuzzFeed, the New York Times, The Washington Post and the rest of the field have reported extensively on this dynamic.

more
https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/erik-wemple/wp/2016/10/06/donald-trump-is-devouring-fox-news/?utm_term=.a190abff2958
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline musiclady

Re: Donald Trump is devouring Fox News
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2016, 10:22:18 pm »
Trump may be devouring Fox, but Hannity is destroying his own reputation.

He has lost his "I'm a Conservative" cover entirely.......... and all by his own doing.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

geronl

« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2016, 10:23:51 pm »
I heard Trump was in Reno trying to tell them how to pronounce "Nevada".

lol

Offline bilo

« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2016, 10:27:03 pm »
Trump may be devouring Fox, but Hannity is destroying his own reputation.

He has lost his "I'm a Conservative" cover entirely.......... and all by his own doing.

You're right about Hannity. Fox was in the tank for Trump during the primaries as well. They lost me as anything more than a casual observer because of this bias. It is funny though that Hannity and Fox are being criticized by the legacy media that has been in the tank for hillary from the beginning.

We really don't have a "fair and balanced alternative.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline LMAO

« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2016, 10:41:39 pm »
Hannity has become "Tingles"

But in his defense, I don't think he has ever claimed to be a journalist and is upfront on his politics unlike many so called journalists
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline musiclady

« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2016, 11:01:22 pm »
You're right about Hannity. Fox was in the tank for Trump during the primaries as well. They lost me as anything more than a casual observer because of this bias. It is funny though that Hannity and Fox are being criticized by the legacy media that has been in the tank for hillary from the beginning.

We really don't have a "fair and balanced alternative.

You're right about that.  Fox is no longer "fair and balanced" nor is it skewed right.

Since they fell for Trump, they are just another liberal news outlet.

Sad.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.