Author Topic: Trump on Pence: 'America Got to Look First Hand at My Judgment'  (Read 665 times)

HAPPY2BME

Trump on Pence: 'America Got to Look First Hand at My Judgment'
« on: October 06, 2016, 07:23:50 pm »
By Cathy Burke   |   Wednesday, 05 Oct 2016

"Mike Pence did an incredible job and I'm getting a lot of credit because this was my so-called first choice, that was my first hire as we would say," Trump said during a rally in Henderson, Nev., CNN reported.

"America got to look first hand at my judgment," he said, USA Today reported, adding: "I'd argue that Mike had the single most decisive victory in the history of presidential debates."

CNN reported that at an earlier campaign stop Wednesday at a Christian private school in Las Vegas, Trump declared of Pence: "He won, he won on the issues, somebody said he won on style — the style doesn't matter — the issues, the policy matters. He's getting tremendous reviews from me and everybody."

http://www.newsmax.com/Politics/trump-pence-first-hire-my-good-judgement/2016/10/05/id/751891/
« Last Edit: October 06, 2016, 07:27:10 pm by HAPPY2BME »

HAPPY2BME

Trump Gets Unexpected Momentum Boost From Pence "Debate Victory"

ing mate, Tim Kaine, delivered an uneven performance in the year's sole vice presidential debate, adding that "stylistically at least, Trump's vice presidential nominee, Mike Pence, was the clear winner of the encounter." It notes that his superiority was especially clear in the early stages. Pence was steady and controlled in those crucial moments while Kaine interrupted and appeared overly aggressive, even to independent observers.

Bloomberg confirms as much noting that "Donald Trump’s weeklong slide in the presidential race started when he showed up to the first debate unprepared and spoiling for a fight. On Tuesday evening, Mike Pence helped slow it by doing the opposite."

Calm and measured, Pence showed off his preparation for his vice-presidential showdown with Democrat Tim Kaine, fending off a slashing, interrupting opponent. The Indiana governor prepared for the debate “since the night he received the call from Mr. Trump,” a campaign aide told ABC News, enlisting Wisconsin Governor Scott Walker as Kaine’s stand-in during practice sessions last week.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-10-05/trump-gets-unexpected-momentum-boost-pence-debate-victory

HAPPY2BME

Re: Trump on Pence: 'America Got to Look First Hand at My Judgment'
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2016, 07:30:01 pm »

The Pence factor: VP debate provides unexpected boost for Team Trump

By World Tribune on October 5, 2016

Mike Pence’s debate performance on Oct. 4 trumped that of Democratic candidate Tim Kaine,  according to media analysts from both conservative and liberal media outlets.

GOP vice presidential candidate Pence was triumphant with a “measured” approach while Kaine continued his campaign’s focus on petty “name-calling,” political commentator Dick Morris said of the VP debate.

Morris, the co-author of The New York Times best-seller “Armageddon: How Trump Can Beat Hillary”, said that “Kaine seemed supercilious, and Pence seemed earnest. In the course of that supercilious, one-upmanship, gotcha-kind-of-pettiness, Kaine revealed the weakness of the Hillary campaign. Its brittleness, its tininess. Its focus on just name-calling and nothing else.

“Pence gave measured, good responses,” Morris added. “Looking at those two guys, I would vote for the guy who appointed Pence, not for the woman who appointed Kaine.”

http://www.worldtribune.com/the-pence-factor-vp-debate-provides-unexpected-boost-for-team-trump-2/

HonestJohn

« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2016, 08:20:50 pm »
Pence has participated in a Presidential debate this year?

When?

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2016, 08:28:59 pm »
"America got to look first hand at my judgment,"

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal Wreck, boundless and bare
The lone and level sands stretch far away.”
-Percy Bysse Shelley

Oh, not that kind of judgement. Sorry.
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2016, 08:44:13 pm »
I agree with Trump on this -  Pence was an excellent choice,  and Trump is correct that his selection reflects favorably on his judgment.   Trump needs to amplify on this, and describe the role that Pence would play, AND that Trump intends to seek and heed his counsel.

Trump has absolutely no government experience, and Pence has scads of it - as both a legislator and an executive.   The best thing Trump can do for himself is to wrap himself around Pence and his steady hand, and admit that his inexperience compels him to surround himself with experts and rely on their support.  Pence needs to be portrayed as the Cheney to Trump's Bush, with Trump professing his humility regarding his need to seek and heed such expert counsel.   
« Last Edit: October 06, 2016, 08:45:28 pm by Jazzhead »
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide