Author Topic: Trump Wants To Sue Clinton Over ‘Nasty’ Ads  (Read 2254 times)

Offline sinkspur

Trump Wants To Sue Clinton Over ‘Nasty’ Ads
« on: October 06, 2016, 04:54:55 pm »
Trump Wants To Sue Clinton Over ‘Nasty’ Ads

KEVIN DALEY

11:45 AM 10/06/2016

Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump promised to bring legal action against his political opponents for running “nasty” ads against him.

Trump made the remarks in reference to a Clinton campaign ad that depicts combat veterans and Gold Star families reacting to his incendiary remarks about Republican Sen. John McCain’s war record and the Muslim parents of a slain U.S. soldier.

“There is nobody that loves the vets more or respects the vets more,” Trump said, in reference to the ad. “They’re spending hundreds of millions of dollars on false commercials, and it’s a disgrace. So what we’ll do, I guess we’ll sue them. Let’s sue them.”

He made the remarks at one of his signature campaign rallies in Henderson, Nev., during a section of his stump speech concerning the plight of veterans. (RELATED: Trump Lawyers Gearing Up For Fight With New York Times)

Trump regularly threatens to bring causes of action against those he perceives as opposing them. His lawyers recently threatened to sue The New York Times if they published an excerpt and accompanying story about his 1995 tax return.

During the Republican National Convention in July, the Trump Organization’s general counsel sent a letter to “The Art of the Deal” ghostwriter Tony Schwartz, after Schwartz made a series of disparaging remarks about Trump in print and on television. The letter threatened a lawsuit and demanded that he surrender all royalties he accrued from the book’s considerable commercial success and retract the controversial statements.

“Simply stated, your statements are not only completely disingenuous, but replete with outright lies, false and destructive statements, and downright fabrications which you know to be completely untrue, thereby exposing you to liability for damages and other tortious harm,” the letter read.

He has not followed through on any of the threats.

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2016/10/06/trump-wants-to-sue-clinton-over-nasty-ads/#ixzz4MKCiGP4j
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline Just_Victor

Re: Trump Wants To Sue Clinton Over ‘Nasty’ Ads
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2016, 05:07:29 pm »
Maybe I haven't seen some of the ads, but the ones I have seen, she's just using Trumps own statements against him.  Is Trump going to name himself as party to the suit?
If all I want is a warm feeling, I should just wet my pants.

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2016, 05:11:23 pm »
Maybe I haven't seen some of the ads, but the ones I have seen, she's just using Trumps own statements against him.  Is Trump going to name himself as party to the suit?

I want to see him meow and scratch furniture.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2016, 05:13:39 pm »

Offline ABX

« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2016, 05:15:09 pm »
I remember clearly in elementary school we had this one kid go around and whenever he didn't' get his way or someone hurt his feelings, he would scream "My daddy is a lawyer and I'm going to sue you.."

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2016, 05:16:43 pm »
I remember clearly in elementary school we had this one kid go around and whenever he didn't' get his way or someone hurt his feelings, he would scream "My daddy is a lawyer and I'm going to sue you.."

Hell why didn't you tell us you went to school with Donald? ;)

Offline guitar4jesus

• Yup...
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2016, 05:17:10 pm »

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2016, 05:56:23 pm »
I think that both of these candidates will try to curtail our 1st amendment rights.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2016, 05:56:53 pm »
When I went to school, that was the kid that got his butt kicked after school, by everyone. Trump is going to be that kid on November 8.

Offline ABX

« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2016, 06:20:24 pm »
I think that both of these candidates will try to curtail our 1st amendment rights.

Neither have respect for the Constitution and don't see it as a legal document they have to follow or protect.

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2016, 06:31:18 pm »
He's just taken away any goodwill Pence made me feel toward the ticket.

What a disgusting, loathsome creature he is.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

geronl

« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2016, 06:37:32 pm »
Trump has been the nasty one in this campaign

Offline ABX

« Reply #12 on: October 06, 2016, 06:40:14 pm »
He's just taken away any goodwill Pence made me feel toward the ticket.

What a disgusting, loathsome creature he is.

Like clockwork and pointed out many, many times on this site.

As soon as Trump has a good issue, an advantage, or anything that could yield positive results to him, he blows it by doing or saying something stupid. He is sandbagging his own campaign.

You can decide if it is by design or by incompetence.

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
« Reply #13 on: October 06, 2016, 08:37:35 pm »
Like clockwork and pointed out many, many times on this site.

As soon as Trump has a good issue, an advantage, or anything that could yield positive results to him, he blows it by doing or saying something stupid. He is sandbagging his own campaign.

You can decide if it is by design or by incompetence.
Why can't it be both? Maybe Hillary picked him knowing that his ego would cause him to self destruct.
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

Offline Gov Bean Counter

« Reply #14 on: October 06, 2016, 08:41:41 pm »
I want to sue Trump for his bad combover...
Donald Trump - Simple solutions for the simple minded...

HonestJohn

« Reply #15 on: October 06, 2016, 08:48:23 pm »
I'm going to sue Trump for his verbal and text incontinence.  His words are meme-ridden cesspools infecting the body politic, weakening it.

And he did this with knowledge aforethought.

Just like an AIDS-infected man injecting his blood into stored bloodbags at a blood bank.

^-^

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #16 on: October 06, 2016, 08:54:05 pm »
Ah yes, TRUMP - that Champion of the First Amendment.

Wants to sue his political "rival" because her ads he considers "Nasty".

More proof that Trump will be a bigger despotic tyrant than Hillary could ever hope to be.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Online LMAO

« Reply #17 on: October 06, 2016, 09:28:57 pm »
Ah yes, TRUMP - that Champion of the First Amendment.

Wants to sue his political "rival" because her ads he considers "Nasty".

More proof that Trump will be a bigger despotic tyrant than Hillary could ever hope to be.

@INVAR

If his supporters enthusiastic cheers to his threat to expand libel laws to sue publications that were critical of him is any guide, this latest whiny threat from him will be met with the same response
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #18 on: October 06, 2016, 10:12:51 pm »
If his supporters enthusiastic cheers to his threat to expand libel laws to sue publications that were critical of him is any guide, this latest whiny threat from him will be met with the same response

Of course they will.  Some of them have actually stated that he needs to act as a dictator in order to 'do what must be done', and our national security requires Trump do whatever necessary to "save us".

I would expect them to applaud any egregious act and tyrannical program from Trump, no matter how insane or despotic it is.

In this way - they are the same as the True Believers for Obama.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #19 on: October 07, 2016, 02:37:36 pm »
Of course they will.  Some of them have actually stated that he needs to act as a dictator in order to 'do what must be done', and our national security requires Trump do whatever necessary to "save us".

I would expect them to applaud any egregious act and tyrannical program from Trump, no matter how insane or despotic it is.

In this way - they are the same as the True Believers for Obama.

@INVAR

Yes, I have heard that even last fall, that some of his supporters told me he had to what he had to do to "keep us all safe".
I told one such person that was "my job to keep me and my family safe, thank you very much."

Offline Applewood

« Reply #20 on: October 07, 2016, 02:53:50 pm »
If Trump can't handle his opponent's campaign ads, what is he going to do as president when some world leader "disses" him?  Is he going to sue?  Maybe invade the country or drop bombs on it?

The anti-Trump ads saying Trump is dangerous are true. We have endured a child in the Oval Office for 8 years, but Trump's tantrums could have far more severe consequences.  At least Obama didn't drop any nukes on countries he didn't like. 

Offline Gov Bean Counter

« Reply #21 on: October 07, 2016, 07:43:03 pm »
I'm going to sue Trump for his verbal and text incontinence.  His words are meme-ridden cesspools infecting the body politic, weakening it.

And he did this with knowledge aforethought.

Just like an AIDS-infected man injecting his blood into stored bloodbags at a blood bank.

^-^
:bigsilly:
Donald Trump - Simple solutions for the simple minded...