Author Topic: Hey Republicans, it’s time to PANIC….again!  (Read 5211 times)

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Re: Hey Republicans, it’s time to PANIC….again!
« Reply #25 on: October 06, 2016, 04:53:23 pm »
We would not because they are not mental defectives who get into pointless twitter wars while taking a shit on a gold toilet at 3AM.

See. That's what makes you an generally ignorant person because you have no idea what "Majority" means. The word you are searching for is "Plurality". Donny never got a majority of GOP voters to select him in his life. NEVER.

Little Donny got 44% of the total vote in the GOP Primaries. That is the worst percentage since Taft in 1952 and Taft ended up being booted for Eisenhower at that convention because he was such a loser.....much like Donny.

Why can't we do that again.  Maybe after Sunday... if Trump makes a fool of himself again, or I should say reveals himself to be a fool... How did they do that in 1952 ... I want to do it again.  I'll even vote for Pence.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #26 on: October 06, 2016, 04:55:15 pm »
=====================

you geniuses are in a progressive shit storm of confusion

Donald Trump IS the Republican Party Candidate, and he didn't get there by MINORITY votes.

you do know what a shit storm is, right?

Do you really want to throw that pitch?  That hanging curve ball is home run fodder.

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #27 on: October 06, 2016, 04:56:46 pm »
Why can't we do that again.  Maybe after Sunday... if Trump makes a fool of himself again, or I should say reveals himself to be a fool... How did they do that in 1952 ... I want to do it again.  I'll even vote for Pence.

Hell even I might be able to convince myself to do it and I really don't like Pence. Probably not in all likelihood, but I'd honestly give it very serious thought one way or the other if it ensured Trump was thrown out on his ass and his sycophants with him.

HAPPY2BME

« Reply #28 on: October 06, 2016, 04:58:18 pm »
Do you really want to throw that pitch?  That hanging curve ball is home run fodder.

==================

i'm the one holding the bat

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #29 on: October 06, 2016, 04:59:43 pm »
==================

In your belfry.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #30 on: October 06, 2016, 05:01:43 pm »

Online corbe

« Reply #31 on: October 06, 2016, 05:02:41 pm »
==================

As usual with you, It's the wrong bat.

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #32 on: October 06, 2016, 05:04:13 pm »
888high58888 Nice.

Lets call it years of experience dealing with snarky liberals. ;)

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #33 on: October 06, 2016, 05:06:54 pm »
Hell even I might be able to convince myself to do it and I really don't like Pence. Probably not in all likelihood, but I'd honestly give it very serious thought one way or the other if it ensured Trump was thrown out on his ass and his sycophants with him.

I don't like him either.  He seems smarmy.  Too smooth to be selling you a used car but maybe he could be touting some stock for you to buy.

But, yeah, better than Hillary.

Only one person in the world isn't.

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #34 on: October 06, 2016, 05:08:42 pm »

As usual with you, It's the wrong bat.

Negan is a NeverTrumper???   :silly:
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #35 on: October 06, 2016, 05:09:45 pm »
I don't like him either.  He seems smarmy.  Too smooth to be selling you a used car but maybe he could be touting some stock for you to buy.

But, yeah, better than Hillary.

Only one person in the world isn't.

My biggest problem with him is that he agreed to join team Trump. That shows a serious lack of judgement. Aside from that I think he's a garden variety Rino. There are far worse than him in the GOP for sure. But I doubt I could get past the Trump thing. Kidding aside, I'd seriously consider voting for him, but he really lost his cred doing that.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #36 on: October 06, 2016, 05:14:14 pm »

Not that long ago, Pence (along with DeMint) was a TEA Party darling... Always felt he had good thinking, but not enough backbone... And his sojourn as governor has proved that to be true.

He's right on the low-water mark of what I consider to be viable... I wish he'd stand for what he stands for.

But I'd probably vote for him, unlike a Bush or a Grahamnesty.

geronl

« Reply #37 on: October 06, 2016, 06:41:31 pm »

we wouldn't be having this conversation if the MAJORITY of Republicans had voted for Jeb Bush, Marco Rubio, Ted Cruz, or any other Republican, now would we?

Of course not, they would be wiping the floor with Hillary

geronl

« Reply #38 on: October 06, 2016, 06:42:05 pm »
Not that long ago, Pence (along with DeMint) was a TEA Party darling... Always felt he had good thinking, but not enough backbone... And his sojourn as governor has proved that to be true.

exactly

HAPPY2BME

« Reply #39 on: October 06, 2016, 07:14:47 pm »
Of course not, they would be wiping the floor with Hillary

=========================

reverse that and you've got it

why is everything around here backwards?

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #40 on: October 06, 2016, 07:18:35 pm »

Oh irony...

The Trump supporter that thinks that 260ish votes for Trump out of 1400 union members constitutes a majority, ALSO thinks this place has things 'backwards'

Will the comedy ever end? I hope not.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #41 on: October 06, 2016, 07:26:30 pm »
that's the same source that said many times that jeb bush, marco rubio, or ted cruz would be the GOP candidate

Actually no, RCP has been pretty accurate if you look at news articles referencing their polls through the primary.
https://www.google.com/search?q=Real+Clear+Politics+2015+Republican+primary&safe=off&biw=1920&bih=940&source=lnt&tbs=cdr%3A1%2Ccd_min%3A10%2F1%2F2015%2Ccd_max%3A3%2F1%2F2015&tbm=nws

They even mentioned last July to watch out for Trump.

Based on their record this cycle, one wouldn't be wise to dismiss them.

Of course, not being a Trump fan, I would probably be better off to tell you to keep thinking like you are and become complacent it is in the bag.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #42 on: October 06, 2016, 07:50:08 pm »
=====================

you geniuses are in a progressive shit storm of confusion

Donald Trump IS the Republican Party Candidate, and he didn't get there by MINORITY votes.

you do know what a shit storm is, right?

@HAPPY2BME  you demonstrate with every keystroke that you are easily the most ill informed person on this board.

majority
noun ma·jor·i·ty \mə-ˈjȯr-ə-tē, -ˈjär-\

Simple Definition of majority

: a number that is greater than half of a total

: a number of votes that is more than half of the total number

: the group or party that is the greater part of a large group

Can you show me in your brilliance where Little Donny got over 50% in the GOP Primary total? My math shows it at a miserable 44%.

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
« Reply #43 on: October 06, 2016, 08:13:20 pm »
Easy. Last I saw there was one left. Mike Lee. Unless he sold out too and I missed it.
Raul Labrador!
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

« Reply #44 on: October 06, 2016, 08:15:39 pm »

Maybe the placement of your head is causing you to view things upside down. :whistle:
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

« Reply #45 on: October 06, 2016, 08:16:11 pm »
@HAPPY2BME  you demonstrate with every keystroke that you are easily the most ill informed person on this board.

And he had some stiff competition.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2016, 08:18:14 pm by Idaho_Cowboy »

HonestJohn

« Reply #46 on: October 06, 2016, 08:17:20 pm »
=================================

did you answer my question if you had personally interviewed each and every one of the officers who voted in that election so you could publish your own version of it?

btw, once again - THE MAJORITY VOTED FOR DONALD TRUMP

Another lie?

The majority of GOP primary voters did not vote for Trump.

And the general election hasn't occurred as yet, so you cannot know how many voters voted in it.

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #47 on: October 06, 2016, 08:17:46 pm »
Maybe the placement of your head is causing you to view things upside down. :whistle:

Maybe we could get Sally Fields to make a commercial to fund a cure for Rectocranial Inversion.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #48 on: October 06, 2016, 08:32:50 pm »
Another lie?

The majority of GOP primary voters did not vote for Trump.

And the general election hasn't occurred as yet, so you cannot know how many voters voted in it.

Before you start that argument with HAPPY2BWRONG, he/she/it will have to come to terms with what the standard definition of "Majority" is. That right there seem to be a high hurtle.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #49 on: October 06, 2016, 08:50:47 pm »

majority
noun ma·jor·i·ty \mə-ˈjȯr-ə-tē, -ˈjär-\

Simple Definition of majority

: a number that is greater than half of a total

: a number of votes that is more than half of the total number

: the group or party that is the greater part of a large group

Can you show me in your brilliance where Little Donny got over 50% in the GOP Primary total? My math shows it at a miserable 44%.

He can't.  He has no understanding or comprehension of what a PLURALITY is.

To the simple-minded, that Trump got more than any of the other 17 candidates means he got the 'majority', even if it was less than 44% of the GOP base who actually voted in the primaries (of which how many were Democrats in open-primary states is unknown, but estimated to be a great number).  I would not be surprised if the actual number of Republicans who were not Democrat crossovers, who cast a vote for Trump was less than 30%.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775