Author Topic: Black Lives Matter Is Furious Police Union Endorsed Trump  (Read 1279 times)

HAPPY2BME

Black Lives Matter Is Furious Police Union Endorsed Trump
« on: October 06, 2016, 03:36:16 pm »
Ted Goodman
10/05/2016

Black Lives Matter gathered in front of the Cleveland police union headquarters Tuesday evening to protest the union’s endorsement of Republican nominee Donald Trump.

The CPPA, which represents 1,450 officers and staff, overwhelmingly voted to endorse the Republican nominee Sept. 30, with Trump receiving 216 votes to Democratic nominee Hillary Clinton’s 68 votes.

Former New York City Mayor Rudy Giuliani visited the CPPA Tuesday, where he thanked the officers for their work during the Republican National convention, which was held in Cleveland in July.

The Cleveland NAACP has also not only blasted the union for publicly endorsing Trump, but criticized minority police officers for failing to participate in the vote, and accused black and Hispanic officers of being complicit in this “tragedy” and of “failing” their community.

“It’s hypocritical for the protesters to criticize his right of free speech while exercising their own,” Steve Loomis, president of the CPPA said Tuesday evening, according to WKSU.

Loomis has previously met with Trump on numerous occasion, participating in a roundtable discussion with the Republican nominee and other union leaders in early September. He also appeared at a Trump rally in Akron during an August visit.

http://dailycaller.com/2016/10/05/black-lives-matter-is-furious-police-union-endorsed-trump/

HAPPY2BME

Re: Black Lives Matter Is Furious Police Union Endorsed Trump
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2016, 03:37:15 pm »
Do cops lives matter also?

Are they prevented the Constitutional Right of Freedom of Speech?

Should they not be allowed to SPEAK at all?

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2016, 03:41:04 pm »
The CPPA, which represents 1,450 officers and staff, overwhelmingly voted to endorse the Republican nominee Sept. 30, with Trump receiving 216 votes to Democratic nominee Hillary Clinton’s 68 votes.

So if my math is right, about 85ish percent, give or take of the people didn't vote for Trump OR Clintom. So calling it overwhelming is yellow journalism at minimum. The 'overwhelming' majority chose to abstain from backing evil.

But it does show that there are a LOT of smart people in that union.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2016, 03:41:35 pm by Norm Lenhart »

HAPPY2BME

« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2016, 03:42:25 pm »
So if my math is right, about 85ish percent, give or take of the people didn't vote for Trump OR Clintom. So calling it overwhelming is yellow journalism at minimum. The 'overwhelming' majority chose to abstain from backing evil.

=================================

would you have been much happier if they had endorsed hillary?

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2016, 03:45:57 pm »
=================================

would you have been much happier if they had endorsed hillary?

Not at all. I'm ecstatic that not only did an 80+ percent not back evil, it almost exceeds my glee that in your slaphappy zeal to show a Trump win, you TOTALLY missed the blatantly obvious fact that most of the cops told him to pound salt!

:tongue2:

HAPPY2BME

« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2016, 03:51:01 pm »
Not at all. I'm ecstatic that not only did an 80+ percent not back evil, it almost exceeds my glee that in your slaphappy zeal to show a Trump win, you TOTALLY missed the blatantly obvious fact that most of the cops told him to pound salt!

:tongue2:

================================

using your assumption(s), does that mean that most of the cops endorse hillary then?

how can you know?

have you personally interviewed each one of them?

you must be awesome

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2016, 03:59:42 pm »
================================

using your assumption(s), does that mean that most of the cops endorse hillary then?

how can you know?

have you personally interviewed each one of them?

you must be awesome

Oh I am. @CatherineofAragon will back me up on that. Currently statues are being planned in honor of how great my predictive prowess is.

But that aside, you still posted a damning article about Trump just because you read a headline and never once thought it through...if you bothered to read it t all. For all I know it was on a list Trump Tower sent you and God knows none of those idiots get anything right.

Bottom line: Well over 80% of the union refused to vote for Trump and you think thats a win. If ALL 80plus percent voted hillary that would be even MORE damning of your idiot.

Silver Pines

« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2016, 12:16:48 am »
Oh I am. @CatherineofAragon will back me up on that. Currently statues are being planned in honor of how great my predictive prowess is.

But that aside, you still posted a damning article about Trump just because you read a headline and never once thought it through...if you bothered to read it t all. For all I know it was on a list Trump Tower sent you and God knows none of those idiots get anything right.

Bottom line: Well over 80% of the union refused to vote for Trump and you think thats a win. If ALL 80plus percent voted hillary that would be even MORE damning of your idiot.

@Norm Lenhart

@HAPPY2BME , it's true...you just have to acknowledge it (the awesomeness, I mean).  Don't try to argue about it.  Trust me.  He'll set the trap, and you'll walk right in.

Online Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2016, 01:55:10 pm »

Normally, an election is characterized by the breakdown of votes actually cast, not the percentage of eligible voters who voted.

Reagan got 43 million votes in 1980 out of about 163 million eligible voters.  By the same logic, the "overwhelming majority" of voters chose not to back Reagan.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2016, 02:05:33 pm »
BLM fails black communities.   African Americans are overwhelmingly the victims of urban gang violence.   Good cops will take a bullet for ordinary black citizens.  Will the effete snobs of BLM do so?   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide