Author Topic: Part of Trump's border wall will have to be virtual, defense experts say  (Read 1020 times)

rangerrebew

Part of Trump's border wall will have to be virtual, defense experts say

By JACQUELINE KLIMAS • 10/5/16 12:01 AM

"Build that e-wall" just doesn't have the same ring to it, but a virtual wall will have to be part of Donald Trump's plan to secure the border, according to defense experts.

A solution would likely include a blend of assets, according to Matt Mayer, a visiting fellow at the American Enterprise Institute. While sections of flat ground along the border lend themselves to a physical wall, "more than a sliver of the border" includes rivers or mountainous terrain that make a virtual wall more practical.

Asked if a virtual wall would be a part of Trump's plan, Mayer said, "I think it has to be because there are certain places on the southern border where you can not put a physical wall."

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/pa...rticle/2603637

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
Re: Part of Trump's border wall will have to be virtual, defense experts say
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2016, 05:43:55 pm »
Asked if a virtual wall would be a part of Trump's plan, Mayer said, "I think it has to be because there are certain places on the southern border where you can not put a physical wall."

No kidding Sherlock....
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2016, 06:01:46 pm »
Asked if a virtual wall would be a part of Trump's plan, Mayer said, "The primaries are over, why are we still talking about a wall?"
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2016, 01:32:42 am »
From the article:
A solution would likely include a blend of assets, according to Matt Mayer, a visiting fellow at the American Enterprise Institute. While sections of flat ground along the border lend themselves to a physical wall, "more than a sliver of the border" includes rivers or mountainous terrain that make a virtual wall more practical.

Nonsense:
If these guys could do it centuries ago, WE can do it:

Any questions ?

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2016, 03:10:25 pm »
From the article:

Nonsense:

Any questions ?
:raise hand: Yes, I don't see any rivers in your example.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2016, 03:10:43 pm by Idaho_Cowboy »
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

Oceander

« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2016, 04:43:17 pm »
From the article:

Nonsense:

Any questions ?

Yeah, why build something that didn't work very well?