Author Topic: Kaine on 'feisty' debate: 'I am Irish'  (Read 540 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Kaine on 'feisty' debate: 'I am Irish'
« on: October 06, 2016, 12:39:24 am »
October 05, 2016, 07:23 pm
Kaine on 'feisty' debate: 'I am Irish'

By Nikita Vladimirov

Democratic vice presidential candidate Tim Kaine on Wednesday said his GOP counterpart Mike Pence failed to land any punches in their fiery debate Tuesday night.

"The debate was a little feisty. I gotta admit, I am Irish," Kaine said during a campaign event in Philadelphia, Pa.

"First, my opponent Mike Pence is a pretty good debater, he came in really wanting to lay some gloves on Hillary Clinton and didn't get to do anything," Kaine continued.

"I never played hockey, but I think I'd be a good goalie based on last night. Nothing, nothing was going in the net last night."

Kaine then proceed to criticize Pence for not defending GOP nominee Donald Trump and said it seemed like both VP candidates were debating Trump together.

"My opponent Mike Pence is a pretty good debater, he's pretty smooth. But there is one thing he can't do, and that is defend Donald Trump on anything," Kaine said.

"If you can't defend your own running mate, how can you ask one person to vote for your running mate?" he said to the cheering crowd.

"At some points I felt like both me and Mike Pence were debating Donald Trump. I was going after Donald Trump and Mike Pence was kind of going after Trump with me. And I can't imagine that that made the Donald too happy."

The Virginia senator also joked about his frequent interruptions of Pence during the debate, admitting that even his wife gave him a hard time about the strategy.

"And so for me, I even got dinged a little bit even by my wife for like interrupting too much, OK," he said.

Tuesday's debate was the only vice presidential debate of the election. The majority of post-debate polls found that Pence won the contest by a slight margin.

http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/presidential-races/299546-kaine-it-felt-like-pence-and-i-debated-trump-together
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline endicom

Re: Kaine on 'feisty' debate: 'I am Irish'
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2016, 12:56:12 am »
People of Irish heritage have had eight years of the cringe worthy Biden and now there's this bozo. Turnout in Boston may be light this year.

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2016, 02:15:07 am »
". . . I gotta admit, I am Irish," Kaine said during a campaign event in Philadelphia, Pa.

I want an American.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2016, 02:25:59 am »

"Well then, stay off of this stuff....that's the curse of you people."