Author Topic: Trusting Trump to amend his habits is futile because he enjoys the attention too much.  (Read 352 times)

Online corbe

by Jonah Goldberg October 5, 2016 12:00 AM @JonahNRO

Trusting Trump to amend his habits is futile because he enjoys the attention too much.

‘Jonah — We have come a long way together — and I like it! Thank you!” That right there is the full extent of my personal communications with Donald J. Trump. He wrote it by hand in broad felt pen on the very page my column appeared in the New York Post, mostly in ALL CAPS, followed by his signature (which looks a bit like an EKG reading). It came to me as a PDF via e-mail on Sept. 4, 2015, under the subject header “From the office of Donald J. Trump.” Apparently he does this sort of thing a lot. I know several other columnists who’ve received similar missives from the GOP nominee. But I like mine the best. It came after months of feuding with Trump. We had an epic battle on Twitter in which he insisted I should be fired. He told an NBC reporter that I don’t know how to buy pants (I’m still trying to figure that one out.) But, in my column, I had given Trump a backhanded compliment. I noted that according to the polls, the No. 1 thing his fans liked about him was that he “tells it like it is.” I disagreed with that then — and now. (I think he makes stuff up on the fly, which is different.) But I did concede that Trump was refreshingly unfiltered. “The one thing you can be sure of,” I wrote, “is that he hasn’t consulted with a political consultant about how to talk.” My theory was that Trump, a bridge-and-tunnel populist with a chip on his shoulder, never cared what the muckety-mucks at the New York Times, Washington Post, Los Angeles Times, or even the pinheads at National Review (where I’m a senior editor) thought about him, so long as they wrote about him.

SNIP 

More

http://www.nationalreview.com/article/440701/donald-trump-temperament-narcissism-explains-constant-self-sabotage?target=topic&tid=1707
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

geronl

Yup.

Trump is incapable of changing

Offline Suppressed

I think people forget that he has a mental illness.  It's not like he can just change how he operates.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn