Author Topic: Trump Used Foundation Funds for 2016 Run, Filings Suggest  (Read 759 times)

Online corbe

Trump Used Foundation Funds for 2016 Run, Filings Suggest
« on: October 05, 2016, 06:01:29 pm »
SNIP

But Trump delivered.

“It was a quiet donation that came with a simple cover letter,” Smith said. It read: “Great meeting with you and your wife in my office,” dated May 6, 2011. Enclosed was a check for $10,000 from the Donald J. Trump Foundation.

That check is one of at least several donations to suggest Trump used his private foundation, funded by outside donors, to launch and fuel his political ambitions. Such contributions, if they were made solely for Trump’s benefit, could violate federal self-dealing laws for private foundations.

From 2011 through 2014, Trump harnessed his eponymous foundation to send at least $286,000 to influential conservative or policy groups, a RealClearPolitics review of the foundation’s tax filings found. In many cases, this flow of money corresponded to prime speaking slots or endorsements that aided Trump as he sought to recast himself as a plausible Republican candidate for president.

More

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2016/10/04/trump_used_foundation_funds_for_2016_run_filings_suggest.html
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Suppressed

Re: Trump Used Foundation Funds for 2016 Run, Filings Suggest
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2016, 08:50:03 pm »
Legality doesn't seem to restrict either of the two major-party candidates.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2016, 08:55:27 pm »
Legality doesn't seem to restrict either of the two major-party candidates.

It's come down to which side of the coin is more tarnished than the other.

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2016, 09:21:57 pm »

He's evidently been almost as good at the bribery game, since the hammer hasn't fallen on him, either.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2016, 03:42:05 am by Suppressed »
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2016, 03:37:03 am »

But one of them describes themselves as the law and order candidate.  You know Trump has been so critical of Black lives matters but he is the candidate who encourages violence.  He is the candidate who admits he gets revenge.  Get Even is his motto.  And law and order does not apply to him.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.