Author Topic: Watch CBS Moderator Repeatedly Challenge Pence in VP Debate  (Read 3493 times)

HAPPY2BME

Watch CBS Moderator Repeatedly Challenge Pence in VP Debate
« on: October 05, 2016, 05:40:45 am »
MRCTV
Monica Sanchez | 4 hours ago

CBS News' Elaine Quijano repeatedly attacked Gov. Mike Pence (R-Ind.) during the 2016 vice presidential debate in Farmville, Va., on Tuesday.

The debate moderator criticized Pence for failing to answer questions when he was unable to get a word in with constant interruptions from Hillary Clinton’s running mate Sen. Tim Kaine (D-Va.).

On the subject of immigration, in addition to her initial question, Quijano overstepped her role of moderator by pressing Pence on whether illegal immigrants would be “forcibly removed” under Trump’s plan.

“Governor, how would these millions of undocumented immigrants leave? Would they forcibly be removed?” she asked.

She appeared to support Sen. Kaine on his criticism of Trump, answering back to him, “right,” in agreement. 

Kaine said, “This is important, Elaine. When a guy running for president will not support the troops, not support veterans, not support teachers…”

“Right,” Quijano responded, before Kaine even finished his remark.

http://www.mrctv.org/blog/watch-cbs-moderator-repeatedly-attack-pence-vp-debate

HAPPY2BME

Re: Watch CBS Moderator Repeatedly Challenge Pence in VP Debate
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2016, 05:43:15 am »
Megyn Kelly's got to be gloating over how Elaine Quijano repeatedly bled out her hatred for Donald Trump.

Right?

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2016, 07:04:22 am »
Megyn Kelly's got to be gloating over how Elaine Quijano repeatedly bled out her hatred for Donald Trump.

Right?

I would say the same if Trump, Pence, Cruz or Reagan stood on a debate stage while a moderator sided with the opposition... If you are so gutless as to stand there and be silent while someone double teams you, you deserve the loss.

We know what Reagan did when confronted with mods when they went outside their job description and it wasn't meek acceptance. Personally I'd tell the camera "I'll answer questions from an impartial moderator. So someone better go get one or this is gonna be an awkward show for the network."

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2016, 10:23:51 am »
I would say the same if Trump, Pence, Cruz or Reagan stood on a debate stage while a moderator sided with the opposition... If you are so gutless as to stand there and be silent while someone double teams you, you deserve the loss.

We know what Reagan did when confronted with mods when they went outside their job description and it wasn't meek acceptance. Personally I'd tell the camera "I'll answer questions from an impartial moderator. So someone better go get one or this is gonna be an awkward show for the network."

I'm just sick of the constant whining that the media is biased and the media hates me. They need to suck it up and cope like conservatives have done for the past century of biased progressive media.

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2016, 11:25:18 am »
I'm just sick of the constant whining that the media is biased and the media hates me. They need to suck it up and cope like conservatives have done for the past century of biased progressive media.

But they arent conservatives. They're liberals shilling for another liberal. Thats why they whine.

I think it's precious that they were all happy when the very same 'biased media' helped destroy Cruz to get Trump into the GOP nomination, but now they are mortified that the guns turned on their boy. Thats whats so disgusting about these 'people'. They get offended when someone points it out.

You're 100% right. They need to suck it up. they got in bed with the leftist media to help their candidate now thy haz a sadz. This is all on them. Lesser evil empowerment always bites one in their ass.

geronl

« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2016, 11:32:45 am »
Pence loses respect since he lies to defend Trump

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2016, 11:44:52 am »

I want to see anyone explain logically how anyone that would run alongside a lifetime liberal with trumps documented laundry list deserves anything but scorn and contempt. Right off the bat accepting such a position immediately marks one as either corrupt, insane or in it for the power.

To argue that aligning ones self with Trump in any capacity is a positive, that would presuppose that Trump's history was a desirable thing for American leadership. And it doesn't matter if Hillary, Satan, Chuck Norris or Pope John Paul II is the opponent.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2016, 12:05:18 pm »
But they arent conservatives. They're liberals shilling for another liberal. Thats why they whine.

I think it's precious that they were all happy when the very same 'biased media' helped destroy Cruz to get Trump into the GOP nomination, but now they are mortified that the guns turned on their boy. Thats whats so disgusting about these 'people'. They get offended when someone points it out.

You're 100% right. They need to suck it up. they got in bed with the leftist media to help their candidate now thy haz a sadz. This is all on them. Lesser evil empowerment always bites one in their ass.

When Ted Cruz turned his fire on the moderators and defended all other candidates on stage, pretty much all ranking the responses said that it broke all their scoring records.

BTW, whatever happened to tough Trump? "HE FIGHTS!"

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2016, 12:09:44 pm »
When Ted Cruz turned his fire on the moderators and defended all other candidates on stage, pretty much all ranking the responses said that it broke all their scoring records.

Le' sigh...

Commrade, are you not aware of the current truth? No trump supporter ever said that. He never promised to deport hordes of people or build a wall from coast to coast. These are all ugly lies spread by Goldstein! (Spit!)

BTW, following the 2Min. Hate this afternoon, there will be a meeting of the JuniorAnti-Sex League to discuss Trump's legendary fidelity and respect for women.

Offline Longmire

« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2016, 12:54:49 pm »

I dunno, the bias was so apparent most people got turned off. May have even helped Pence who's patience, discipline, and gravitas were on display.

Ultimately Trump wins also, as Mike Pence is seen as a much better hire than the manic and mendacious Tim Kaine.

Lots of time to call out the media for their Trump hate after he wins the election.

HAPPY2BME

« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2016, 03:40:31 pm »

==================================

Aside from your usual progressive dogmas, you, norm, and the others will find agreeable and like-minded rhetoric here:

https://twitter.com/hashtag/VPDebate?src=hash

enjoy

Offline bolobaby

« Reply #11 on: October 05, 2016, 03:45:18 pm »
My God - this is not hard, folks. When a moderator crosses the line, the simple response is, "Thanks for your position statement, Candy... er, Elaine. Now, I assume I'll have at least 60 seconds for rebuttal?"

Shame the hell out of these moderators. (Granted they have no shame, but at least say, "The Emperor has no clothes!" You know... like #NeverTrump does with Team Trump and the Trumpettes.)
How to lose credibility while posting:
1. Trump is never wrong.
2. Default to the most puerile emoticon you can find. This is especially useful when you can't win an argument on merits.
3. Be falsely ingratiating, completely but politely dismissive without talking to the points, and bring up Hillary whenever the conversation is really about conservatism.
4. When all else fails, remember rule #1 and #2. Emoticons are like the poor man's tweet!

Silver Pines

« Reply #12 on: October 05, 2016, 03:54:28 pm »

@Cripplecreek

His supporters are finding out that braying and flailing around like a lunatic don't equal "fighting". 

Trump is out of his depth.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #13 on: October 05, 2016, 03:58:29 pm »
What happened to the open challenges to the biased media moderators we heard during the primaries? Did Trump learn nothing from Cruz about debates with hostile moderators?

Offline r9etb

« Reply #14 on: October 05, 2016, 04:06:50 pm »
I want to see anyone explain logically how anyone that would run alongside a lifetime liberal with trumps documented laundry list deserves anything but scorn and contempt. Right off the bat accepting such a position immediately marks one as either corrupt, insane or in it for the power.

Or that he feels a sense of duty to the country.... there's always that possibility, and in Pence's case I think it's a factor.

HAPPY2BME

« Reply #15 on: October 05, 2016, 04:42:50 pm »
Shame the hell out of these moderators. (Granted they have no shame, but at least say, "The Emperor has no clothes!" You know... like #NeverTrump does with Team Trump and the Trumpettes.)

==============================

You know .. exactly like the progressives do every minute right here.

Offline bolobaby

« Reply #16 on: October 05, 2016, 04:59:02 pm »
==============================

You know .. exactly like the progressives do every minute right here.

Don't you ever get tired of spouting the same canards on behalf of your Orange Baboon God? Or is that you just like to embarrass yourself?
1. Trump is never wrong.
2. Default to the most puerile emoticon you can find. This is especially useful when you can't win an argument on merits.
3. Be falsely ingratiating, completely but politely dismissive without talking to the points, and bring up Hillary whenever the conversation is really about conservatism.
4. When all else fails, remember rule #1 and #2. Emoticons are like the poor man's tweet!

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #17 on: October 05, 2016, 05:09:01 pm »
I dunno, the bias was so apparent most people got turned off. May have even helped Pence who's patience, discipline, and gravitas were on display.

Ultimately Trump wins also, as Mike Pence is seen as a much better hire than the manic and mendacious Tim Kaine.

Lots of time to call out the media for their Trump hate after he wins the election.
As soon as she used the term "undocumented" immigrants/aliens instead of "illegal," the cat was out of the bag. Pence should have challenged her on that term. But he did alright overall.

HAPPY2BME

« Reply #18 on: October 05, 2016, 05:14:54 pm »
As soon as she used the term "undocumented" immigrants/aliens instead of "illegal," the cat was out of the bag. Pence should have challenged her on that term. But he did alright overall.

=================================

For the first time in it's history, ICE has publicly endorsed a presidential candidate.  That is Donald Trump.

Pence said it.  Kaine cringed.

Offline bolobaby

« Reply #19 on: October 05, 2016, 08:11:02 pm »

For the first time in it's history, ICE has publicly endorsed a presidential candidate.  That is Donald Trump.

The sad thing is that a so-called conservative is A-OK with our law enforcement agencies taking a political stance in an election.
1. Trump is never wrong.

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #20 on: October 05, 2016, 08:17:27 pm »
The sad thing is that a so-called conservative is A-OK with our law enforcement agencies taking a political stance in an election.
You mean the "political stance" of actually enforcing the law?

Offline Longmire

« Reply #21 on: October 05, 2016, 09:07:31 pm »

Well then, you must be one of those "real" conservatives I keep hearing about.

Wear that loser badge proudly son.  :laugh:

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #22 on: October 05, 2016, 09:12:20 pm »
My God - this is not hard, folks. When a moderator crosses the line, the simple response is, "Thanks for your position statement, Candy... er, Elaine. Now, I assume I'll have at least 60 seconds for rebuttal?"

There are different bias methods. This one was by interuption, not contradicting.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #23 on: October 05, 2016, 09:15:18 pm »

That's a false claim.  Trump got it wrong.  ICE did not endorse, and never has.

Pence got it right....they got a union endorsement, of ICE personnel.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #24 on: October 05, 2016, 09:17:54 pm »

Don't worry; they didn't.  ICE has confirmed that Trump lied (as usual).
+++++++++