Author Topic: GOP senators: We could work with Hillary Clinton  (Read 1173 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
GOP senators: We could work with Hillary Clinton
« on: October 04, 2016, 06:46:03 pm »
October 03, 2016, 06:31 pm
GOP senators: We could work with Hillary Clinton

By Jordain Carney

Sen. Johnny Isakson (R-Ga.) is predicting that congressional Republicans will be more willing to work with Hillary Clinton than they have been with President Obama, should she be elected president. 
"Barack Obama was somewhat of an unknown – he was a senator, but only for a year-and-a-half before he was elected president. She is a known commodity, and I think there’ll be more camaraderie in terms of working together, than there might have been in the early days of Obama," Isakson told the Atlanta Journal Constitution.

Isakson, who is running for reelection and has endorsed GOP nominee Donald Trump, added, "I don’t think it will be like the post-Obama election at all."

Democrats have repeatedly blasted Republican tactics under the Obama administration, arguing that GOP senators have reached a record level of obstruction on legislation and nominations.

Retiring Senate Minority Leader Harry Reid (D-Nev.) took a final pre-election swing at Republicans from the Senate floor last month, saying lawmakers had treated Obama with "unprecedented disrespect."

Isakson's comments come as Clinton has narrowly trailed Trump in the typically red state, feeding Democrats hopes of expanding the electoral map. According a RealClearPolitics average of polls, the GOP presidential nominee is leading by less than 5 points.

The Georgia Republican isn't the only one who is open to collaborating with a hypothetical Clinton administration, even though multiple congressional committees are still probing her time atop the State Department.

Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.) said Clinton would find a "willing partner" on immigration reform, bolstering the military and a Simpson-Bowles-type of initiative to improve federal spending, should she win.

"I can do two things at once. I can criticize and I can cooperate," he told The Hill last month. "I don't see that they're inconsistent."

Sen. John Cornyn (R-Texas)—while stressing that he doesn't believe Clinton will win in November—said Americans expect GOP senators to work with whoever is in the White House.

"We'll do our duty, you know regardless of who is president," the Senate's No. 2 Republican told The Hill last week. "The people we serve want us to to work together for their benefit so that's certainly my posture."

Cornyn declined to name specific issues that he believes he and Clinton could work well together on.

Republicans are defending 24 Senate seats in November, including a handful in purple states previously carried by President Obama. They will lose control of the Senate if Democrats net five Senate seats, or four if Clinton also wins the White House.

http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/presidential-races/republicans-we-can-work-with-president-hillary-clinton
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
Re: GOP senators: We could work with Hillary Clinton
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2016, 09:14:53 pm »
And of course it's a two way street.

Harry Reid On Donald Trump, 'He's The Worst' MSNBC

https://youtu.be/GFbRkAsOOrc

When a Republican wins the MSM talking point is What will the Republicans give the democrats.

Reclaiming the Party of Lincoln can only happen between elections.

These people don't even deserve a red white and blue RINO as their party moniker.

It should be a lobster.

Bipartisan: a synonym for date rape.
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline ScottinVA

« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2016, 10:39:48 pm »
They're going to have to work with her... it's not like they have a choice.  She's going to win and they'll be in the minority.

Nearly every poll now shows her breaking away from Trump; it's looking like voters have seen enough and are rejecting him.

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2016, 10:40:41 pm »
Of course they could.  Spineless weasels.

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2016, 10:42:58 pm »
The Republican Party is nothing more than the political version of The Washington Generals.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2016, 02:32:21 am »
"GOP senators: We could work with Hillary Clinton"

I'm sure you guys could, boys.
I'm sure you could!

Offline LMAO

« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2016, 03:06:32 am »

Nearly every poll now shows her breaking away from Trump; it's looking like voters have seen enough and are rejecting him.

Polls taken this close to an election are better reflective of what will happen. Anything can change but as of now it appears Trump is on his way to a loss and judging from the tone of some of his supporters, they are starting to sense that, also
« Last Edit: October 05, 2016, 03:11:05 am by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2016, 08:06:12 am »
I'd just like to point out that some of us that actually stand on principle repeatedly tried to stop the abject morons that pushed the lesser evil insanity. Unfortunately we were too few. Now the GOP's standard bearer is vocally pledging his support for Hillary and the lesser evils we warned against are tripping over themselves to trial balloon their coming reaches across the aisle.

And as always, lesser evil voters are to blame. They elected these people in full knowledge they elected evil. So when they do jump right on board with president Clinton, you can be sure those voters will also be there to ensure they stay in office to give President Clinton II her hearts desire. Just as they gave Obama his hearts desire.

The lesser evil voter is a plague on constitutional government. Without their yellow spined actions, liberals would be out of power and immaterial to America.

Online Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2016, 08:11:58 am »
The Republican Party is nothing more than the political version of The Washington Generals.

That or they're just realistic?

Polling Data
PollDateSampleMoEClinton (D)Trump (R)Johnson (L)Stein (G)Spread
RCP Average[/c]9/26 - 10/3[/size][/font][/color]
--
--
Clinton +3.7[/b][/size][/font]
CBS News[/size][/font][/color][/t]
9/28 - 10/2
1217 LV
[/color]Clinton +4
[/size][/color]Rasmussen Reports[/t]
9/29 - 10/3
1500 LV
[/color]Clinton +1
[/size][/color]CNN/ORC[/t]
9/28 - 10/2
1213 LV
[/color]Clinton +5
[/size][/color]Economist/YouGov[/t]
10/1 - 10/3
911 RV
[/color]Clinton +3
[/size][/color]NBC News/SM[/t]
9/26 - 10/2
26925 LV
[/color]Clinton +6
[/size][/color]FOX News[/t]
9/27 - 9/29
911 LV
[/color]Clinton +3
[/size][/color]PPP (D)[/t]
9/27 - 9/28
933 LV
[/color]Clinton +4

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2016, 01:08:43 pm »
Surprising no one with a room temperature IQ.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2016, 01:11:54 pm »

The lesser evil voter is a plague on constitutional government. Without their yellow spined actions, liberals would be out of power and immaterial to America.

@Norm Lenhart

I couldn't agree more. When you vote for evil,you have no right to pretend to be surprised when you get evil.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!