Author Topic: VIDEO: Pigs go hog wild on ‘healthy’ Michelle O lunch leftovers  (Read 292 times)

rangerrebew

VIDEO: Pigs go hog wild on ‘healthy’ Michelle O lunch leftovers
September 29, 2016
By Victor Skinner

ST. PAUL, Minn. – A Minnesota private school is putting lunch leftovers to good use, and residents of the principal’s hobby farm are quite appreciative.

hogchowLaurie Jennrich took over as principal of St. Pascal’s Baylon Catholic School in St. Paul this year and decided to do something about school lunch leftovers that were piling up in the trash, KMSP reports.

“I think it’s a life lesson,” she said. “I think we go through life and we have to be resourceful. And I think we have to put to good use the things we don’t use.”

http://eagnews.org/video-pigs-go-hog-wild-on-healthy-michelle-o-lunch-leftovers/
« Last Edit: October 04, 2016, 11:35:55 am by rangerrebew »

Online mountaineer

Re: VIDEO: Pigs go hog wild on ‘healthy’ Michelle O lunch leftovers
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2016, 12:53:36 pm »
The school menus for my district are posted online and I had to laugh at one recurring vegetable: edamame. Now, while I might eat it, I had to wonder how popular that is among children (not to mention how expensive, compared to something like carrots or corn). Unfortunately, I don't believe there are any pig farms in our county ...
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org