Author Topic: Allen West Lashes Out At Media For ‘Deceitful’ Reporting On Trump’s Comments About Veteran Suicides  (Read 1413 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Allen West Lashes Out At Media For ‘Deceitful’ Reporting On Trump’s Comments About Veteran Suicides
"CNN has shown their bias ..."

by Fred Maxwell October 3, 2016 at 6:04pm

At one point, the GOP nominee said, “When you talk about the mental health problems, when people come back from war and combat and they see things that maybe a lot of folks in this room have seen many times over and you’re strong and you can handle it, but a lot of people can’t handle it. They see horror stories, they see events you couldn’t see in a movie, nobody would believe it.”

According to CNN and some other liberal media outlets, Trump’s remarks implied that veterans who commit suicide do so because they are too weak to deal with the stress of the things they witnessed.

“What abject liars and deceivers these people are!” West wrote on his blog Monday. “On my salute hand, trigger finger, I wear the #22Kill.com ring, that signifies the 22 veterans on average who each day are taking their lives. Mr. Trump stated the obvious: that the challenges cast upon these young men and women by a system that lets them down seems too great to overcome.”

Read More At: http://www.westernjournalism.com/allen-west-lashes-out-at-media-for-deceitful-reporting-on-trumps-comments-about-veteran-suicides/

Offline sinkspur

Trump doesn't know a goddamned thing about veterans, or war, or anything having to do with the military.  He should shut his 'effing mouth.

He got FIVE deferments from Vietnam for "bone spurs," and said he had his "own personal Vietnam" by dodging STDs in the dating scene in New York while American men were fighting and dying.

To hell with him and to hell with Alan West for defending this garbage heap.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Trump doesn't know a goddamned thing about veterans, or war, or anything having to do with the military.  He should shut his 'effing mouth.

He got FIVE deferments from Vietnam for "bone spurs," and said he had his "own personal Vietnam" by dodging STDs in the dating scene in New York while American men were fighting and dying.

To hell with him and to hell with Alan West for defending this garbage heap.

WTF has happened to you, Sink?

"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline sinkspur

WTF has happened to you, Sink?

Does Trump know ANYTHING about the military?  Why is he even commenting on PTSD's?

I don't think the sonofabitch knows what PTSD stands for.

What has happened to YOU?   You support a clown, a man who spent five years arguing that Obama was not an American citizen, who said that George W. Bush knew about 9/11 in advance, who lied about his support for the Iraq War in advance, who has changed his party affiliation ELEVEN TIMES in his adult life, who trashed Ronald Reagan in 1986, and who has spent his entire adult life directing every event or decision towards his own aggrandizement?
The fact that there are so few of you Trump supporters on a forum with thinking conservatives should tell you something.

Trump is going to lose and I think he's going to lose big. The election is moving away from your boy.

My fear is this sonofabitch is going to continue to inflect his virus on the Republican Party until the day he dies.  He's yours, though. I"m no longer a Republican and won't return.

« Last Edit: October 04, 2016, 03:47:58 am by sinkspur »
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

HAPPY2BME

I"m no longer a Republican and won't return.

========================

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion

Does Trump know ANYTHING about the military?  Why is he even commenting on PTSD's?

I don't think the sonofabitch knows what PTSD stands for.

What has happened to YOU?   You support a clown, a man who spent five years arguing that Obama was not an American citizen, who said that George W. Bush knew about 9/11 in advance, who lied about his support for the Iraq War in advance, who has changed his party affiliation ELEVEN TIMES in his adult life, who trashed Ronald Reagan in 1986, and who has spent his entire adult life directing every event or decision towards his own aggrandizement?
The fact that there are so few of you Trump supporters on a forum with thinking conservatives should tell you something.

Trump is going to lose and I think he's going to lose big. The election is moving away from your boy.

My fear is this sonofabitch is going to continue to inflect his virus on the Republican Party until the day he dies.  He's yours, though. I"m no longer a Republican and won't return.
:thumbsup3:

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

"At one point, the GOP nominee said, “When you talk about the mental health problems, when people come back from war and combat and they see things that maybe a lot of folks in this room have seen many times over and you’re strong and you can handle it, but a lot of people can’t handle it. They see horror stories, they see events you couldn’t see in a movie, nobody would believe it.”

According to CNN and some other liberal media outlets, Trump’s remarks implied that veterans who commit suicide do so because they are too weak to deal with the stress of the things they witnessed."

I don't care much for most of DJt's positions, but in this case I think he's spot on.  If we send one of our citizens into war and they need help dealing with the consequences, we need to provide that help.  If we don't provide that help, it's not our vets who are "too weak".
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.