Author Topic: Trump suggests vets with PTSD aren’t ‘strong’ and ‘can’t handle it’  (Read 4951 times)

Offline sinkspur

Just like YOU, cupcake... :rolling:

Pissed you off, didn't I?  Good.

I don't talk about the military, something neither I nor Trump have any knowledge of.  Those guys with PTSD are more sane than Trump in his "normal" state.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline aligncare

Maybe I'm missing something, but I fail to see how that remark is germane to the topic of the thread. In fact, it looks like one of those disruptive personal attacks.

It isn't sanitary to leave those lying around.

You're right, I'm sorry. I'll never do it again.

Mod1 note:  Stop accusing posters of being Hillary supporters.  Consider this two warnings wrapped into one.  :rolling:
« Last Edit: October 03, 2016, 07:25:34 pm by Mod1 »

Offline aligncare

Pissed you off, didn't I?  Good.

I don't talk about the military, something neither I nor Trump have any knowledge of.  Those guys with PTSD are more sane than Trump in his "normal" state.

You're right, I'm sorry. I'll never do it again.

Mod1 note:  Stop accusing posters of being Hillary supporters.  Consider this two warnings wrapped into one.  :rolling:
« Last Edit: October 03, 2016, 07:25:51 pm by Mod1 »

Offline Mod1

Let's stick to attacking the arguments rather than other posters, shall we?  I'm looking a certain cat square in the eyes.

Offline Night Hides Not

Let's stick to attacking the arguments rather than other posters, shall we?  I'm looking a certain cat square in the eyes.

Should have been THREE warnings wrapped into one, but who's counting...   :silly:
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline Mod1

Should have been THREE warnings wrapped into one, but who's counting...   :silly:

You busted me!

Truth is, I missed that first one until another Mod pointed it out, and punishing Aligncare at that point seemed a little ex post facto to me, so I let it slide hoping somebody sharp-eyed and able to count wouldn't catch me.  Oops!

Offline Night Hides Not

You busted me!

Truth is, I missed that first one until another Mod pointed it out, and punishing Aligncare at that point seemed a little ex post facto to me, so I let it slide hoping somebody sharp-eyed and able to count wouldn't catch me.  Oops!

Not that you need it, but I forgive you. October is going to be a tough month for you mods out there. It's really going to get nasty.

IMHO, it will break one of two ways: one, Trump keeps doubling and tripling down on the personal attacks, driving undecided voters to another candidate; or two, Trump exorcises his petulance long enough for voters to ask themselves, "can I stomach 4-8 more years of a Clinton in the White House, not to mention an Obama 3rd term?", and it breaks big to Trump in the final weekend.

Hillary best hope there's no major terrorist attacks in the US until after the election.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Wingnut

Not that you need it, but I forgive you. October is going to be a tough month for you mods out there. It's really going to get nasty.

IMHO, it will break one of two ways: one, Trump keeps doubling and tripling down on the personal attacks, driving undecided voters to another candidate; or two, Trump exorcises his petulance long enough for voters to ask themselves, "can I stomach 4-8 more years of a Clinton in the White House, not to mention an Obama 3rd term?", and it breaks big to Trump in the final weekend.

Hillary best hope there's no major terrorist attacks in the US until after the election.

As the 8th nears the Trump apparatchiki will become more aggitated and lash out with increasing frequency.   

Offline sinkspur

It's simply not fair to report Trump's exact words:

Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

geronl

Obviously we all run to hide behind big, brave Trump when terrorists attacks, he has such a long record of defending America from them... or not... I remember his response to 9-11.... "They weren't great buildings anyway"....

Yes, we all turn to Don The Con in the event of terrorism, lol

Offline kevindavis007

@ccdeditor  1m1 minute ago
Climate Dispatch Retweeted The Hill
Veteran who was actually at event said media was disgusting for twisting Mr Trump's words. Why #msm is loathed.
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/presidential-races/299060-trump-media-at-war-over-ptsd
Trump, media at war over PTSD

excerpt:
But in Trump’s full quote, which was not included in many of the news write-ups, he appears to describe PTSD as a mental health problem, not a character flaw.

“When you hear the 22 suicides a day, that should never be,” Trump said. “We’re going to be addressing that strongly and the whole mental health issue is going to be a very important issue when I take over. The VA is going to be fixed in so many ways, but that’s going to be one of the ways we’re going to help. In many respects, that’s going to have to be the number one thing we do, because it has been left behind.”

The veteran who asked the question - Marine Staff Sgt. Chad Robichaux, who served eight tours in Afghanistan and said he once suffered from PTSD himself – called it “sickening that anyone would twist Mr. Trump’s comments to me in order to pursue a political agenda.”

“I took his comments to be thoughtful and understanding of the struggles many veterans have and I believe he is committed to helping them,” Robichaux said. “The nature of my question focused on a broken system that’s failing so many of our veterans … I interpreted his answer to affirm that the system is broken and he would take the necessary steps to address it.”

« Last Edit: October 03, 2016, 10:46:14 pm by mystery-ak »
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline kevindavis007

http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/presidential-races/299060-trump-media-at-war-over-ptsd

excerpt:
But in Trump’s full quote, which was not included in many of the news write-ups, he appears to describe PTSD as a mental health problem, not a character flaw.

“When you hear the 22 suicides a day, that should never be,” Trump said. “We’re going to be addressing that strongly and the whole mental health issue is going to be a very important issue when I take over. The VA is going to be fixed in so many ways, but that’s going to be one of the ways we’re going to help. In many respects, that’s going to have to be the number one thing we do, because it has been left behind.”

The veteran who asked the question - Marine Staff Sgt. Chad Robichaux, who served eight tours in Afghanistan and said he once suffered from PTSD himself – called it “sickening that anyone would twist Mr. Trump’s comments to me in order to pursue a political agenda.”

Folks, we gotta do more research before we fly off the handle..

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!

Folks, we gotta do more research before we fly off the handle..

This is another media driven story..taken out of context...
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline kevindavis007

Exactly..

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15

excerpt:

“I took his comments to be thoughtful and understanding of the struggles many veterans have and I believe he is committed to helping them,” Robichaux said. “The nature of my question focused on a broken system that’s failing so many of our veterans … I interpreted his answer to affirm that the system is broken and he would take the necessary steps to address it.”
Either this election is getting to me or Trump is starting to sound more cogent. I can almost understand him here.
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

Silver Pines

Trump would have screamed like a little girl and run like hell AWAY from battle...if he had gone into the US military and ever been shot at.  The military would have had to create a whole NEW trauma definition to describe his 'problems'...lol.  PTDSD = Post Traumatic Dumbass Stress Disorder.

@XenaLee

Lol

I read an article months ago about a trip Trump made to the border last summer.  When his plane landed, he refused to get out until someone could promise him he would be safe.  He's such an alpha!

I haven't been able to find the article again; it was in some local Texas paper.  I should have saved it.

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Army medic

They come to hurt and bleeding.
They like you are their father. You will fix it.

You stare into the face of dieing man.

Tell me, to get over it.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline HoustonSam

• "That'll be the day......"
  • old times there are not forgotten

I'm about an 8 on the sinkspur anti-Trump scale, but the video of Trump delivering these remarks did not strike me as arrogant, insincere, or anti-veteran.  As stated upthread, he just chose a couple of inartful words.  I see this one as an unjustified pro-Hillary media pile-on, just part of the feeding frenzy.
James 1:20

Offline AllThatJazzZ

• Adopt your next pet, preferably a senior.

Have I told you lately how much I appreciate the "ignore" feature on this board?! I was sitting here blissfully ignorant of remarks that caused you to have to step in.  888high58888

A government big enough to give you everything you want
is a government big enough to take away everything you have.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

Agit prop headline.

I'm reading and re-reading Trump's comments and I fail to see how this is a big deal. What he said is absolutely true and even those vets who are not "strong" can't argue with his sentiments.

Which are and have been that the VA is broken and must be fixed.

I actually like think the worst of Trump and I don't appreciate you reading the article and questioning the narrative the drive-by media feeds me.  There is little need for me to be thinking critically about the media propaganda when I've already made up my mind to vote for neither candidate.  Questioning that choice is just giving me a headache.

All kidding aside...good observations.  I haven't seen you around before so...
1. welcome
2. good post

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Either this election is getting to me or Trump is starting to sound more cogent. I can almost understand him here.
He's back on script. I have little doubt his handlers have reined him and briefed and coached him and told him to slow down. Maybe the doc put him on some ADHD meds to focus him.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
Evan McMullin, independent candidate for President, served in Iraq and is on a tear today:

Evan McMullin ‏@Evan_McMullin  19m19 minutes ago
Evan McMullin Retweeted Evan McMullin
I've seen my share of war and it taught me a lot of about human nature. I say with certainty that @realDonaldTrump would not last a minute.

Evan McMullinVerified account
‏@Evan_McMullin Evan McMullin Retweeted Evan McMullin
While millions of other Americans served and tens of thousands gave their lives during Vietnam, cowardly @realDonaldTrump dodged the draft.

All I can say is Trump really makes me want to slap him.  If he doesn't realize how inappropriate this is he is truly stupid.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Wingnut

He's back on script. I have little doubt his handlers have reined him and briefed and coached him and told him to slow down. Maybe the doc put him on some ADHD meds to focus him.

It won't last Joe.  His mind wanders like the steering linkage of a 71 Pinto.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp

But who's sleeping with him at 3:20 AM?  Not Melania, that's for sure.

The reason a lot of people jumped on the ill-advised segment of the Trump remarks is that ill-advised remarks are a Trump specialty.

Of all the things to criticize John McCain about, Trump chose 'letting himself be taken prisoner.'

When Trump says things like that, I tend to believe other stupid things attributed to him.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.