Author Topic: How the Basic Laws of Human Stupidity Explain Trump  (Read 586 times)

Online corbe

How the Basic Laws of Human Stupidity Explain Trump
« on: October 03, 2016, 03:35:37 pm »
How the Basic Laws of Human Stupidity Explain Trump

By J. Cal Davenport  |  October 3, 2016, 10:27am  |  @J_Cal_Davenport.

In 1976, an Italian economic historian by the name of Carlo M. Cipolla produced an essay entitled The Basic Laws of Human Stupidity. It is academic in tone, if mostly facetious in intent, but it does serve to explain and illuminate the human condition and the curse of stupidity.*

It is also useful to understand how we got stuck with Trump as the Republican nominee. Before I go further, I should emphasize that I don’t think all Trump supporters are stupid, especially not the reluctant ones. What I want to address is less the arguments against Trump and more the question of how we got here, because conservatives are still getting over their surprise.

The first basic law of human stupidity is as follows: Always and inevitably everyone underestimates the number of stupid individuals in circulation.

Conservatives will nod their head in agreement, first and foremost because they couldn’t understand the cult of personality surrounding Barack Obama that made people want to elect a guy with barely a resume. America did.

So we get it now, right? Hardly. That would violate the law. As Cipolla explains, one cannot even put “a specific numerical value to the fraction of stupid people within the total population” because “any numerical estimate would turn out to be an underestimate.” Even when we adjusted our estimate at the prevalence of stupidity among the U.S. electorate, we were still coming up short.

More

http://theresurgent.com/how-the-basic-laws-of-human-stupidity-explain-trump/
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Re: How the Basic Laws of Human Stupidity Explain Trump
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2016, 03:47:50 pm »
If 'stupidly' explains Trump, then what is the explanation for Hillary?
Or Bubba?
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2016, 03:52:14 pm »
And the bad news is:

Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2016, 03:59:10 pm »
If 'stupidly' explains Trump, then what is the explanation for Hillary?
Or Bubba?

Easy. Abject morons thinking that electing one liberal to counter another is the path to constitutional governance. All the 'know betters' managed to elect a full house and senate of liberal republicdans and ran documented liberals 2 elections running for the oval office. Documented liberals that alienated the conservative base.

Liberals, following the 1936 communist goals have long controlled the education system and have basically churned out a couple generations of 'feeling' and not 'thinking' people. Such people are conditioned to NOT think and vote on fear and promises.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2016, 04:02:26 pm »
Don't necessarily disagree.

But I am trying hard to say nothing that will in even the slightest way help the corrupt cackling pantsuited crypto-maoist.