Author Topic: Who gave Trump’s taxes to the New York Times? The mystery behind a bombshell story.  (Read 325 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Who gave Trump’s taxes to the New York Times? The mystery behind a bombshell story.
By Paul Farhi October 2 at 6:44 P

When New York Times reporter Susanne Craig checked her office mailbox a few days ago, a thin Manila envelope immediately caught her eye. She almost gasped when she opened it.

“I thought it was a hoax,” she said Sunday. “My reaction was, ‘No way this is real.’ ”

The typed return address read “The Trump Organization.” Inside were three photocopied pages Craig realized could be dynamite: They appeared to be from Donald Trump’s 1995 tax returns.

Those were the decidedly low-tech beginnings of what may turn out to be one of the most consequential stories of the 2016 presidential campaign. Late Saturday, the Times revealed that Trump had declared a $916 million loss in 1995, wiping out any federal taxes that year and setting himself up to avoid 18 years of similar obligations.

more
https://www.washingtonpost.com/lifestyle/style/2016/10/02/e7c1e0ce-88e0-11e6-b24f-a7f89eb68887_story.html?tid=sm_tw
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Just_Victor

The only way this is a "bombshell" is if Trump violated the law.  Otherwise, he is filing his taxes as he is entitled to under the IRS code.  If he pays no taxes as a result and that makes us angry, then we should be angry at the lawmakers and the law, not the man obeying it.
If all I want is a warm feeling, I should just wet my pants.