Author Topic: Giuliani: 'Everybody' has history of infidelity  (Read 6539 times)

Offline Norm Lenhart

Re: Giuliani: 'Everybody' has history of infidelity
« Reply #25 on: October 03, 2016, 02:33:15 pm »
Infidelity is not just a problem for liberals.   It goes all the way back to Abraham.

Absolutely. However liberals weaponized it in the political arena.

Offline montanajoe

« Reply #26 on: October 03, 2016, 02:41:05 pm »
hmmmmmmmm

Tell me again why the GOP should expect the vote of social conservatives :pondering:

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire
« Reply #27 on: October 03, 2016, 02:42:58 pm »
Absolutely. However liberals weaponized it in the political arena.

Sorry I have to disagree.   Its been a lever used by both parties.   The difference is most conservative politicians will try to hide it.   The hypocritical liberals celebrate / ignore it while trying to use it against conservatives.

Sorry I just hate all the rocks being thrown from glass houses.   Having been in the military where people were separated from their spouses for extended periods I can tell you that most anyone can stray.   As has been alluded to the secret to staying faithful is to avoid temptation.    Don't go to bars, don't spend time alone with the opposite sex, do work hard to maintain a connection with your spouse.

In the consulting business I see some people who go out to bars every night when traveling.   Hotel rooms get lonely and boring but there's a lot less temptation.   
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Silver Pines

« Reply #28 on: October 03, 2016, 02:43:20 pm »
hmmmmmmmm

Tell me again why the GOP should expect the vote of social conservatives :pondering:

Well, when you stick an "R" behind the name, it's magic, see.  Doesn't matter who it is or what his history might be, he's automatically worthy of your support.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #29 on: October 03, 2016, 02:43:29 pm »
hmmmmmmmm

Because they hope for change and you know hoping for change always works out.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #30 on: October 03, 2016, 02:43:59 pm »
Even dogs, too.

How to tell if your dog is involved in a sex scandal:
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #31 on: October 03, 2016, 02:45:04 pm »
Say, wasn't there some scandal with Clinton and cigars he was part of? I could swear I remember something about an impeachment.

@Norm Lenhart

Let's not fall into the liberal distraction on that.  The impeachment (including the failed charges) was for alleged activities related to perjurious behavior and obstruction of justice... https://www.congress.gov/bill/105th-congress/house-resolution/611/text
« Last Edit: October 03, 2016, 02:45:27 pm by Suppressed »
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline driftdiver

« Reply #32 on: October 03, 2016, 02:45:37 pm »
Even dogs, too.

How to tell if your dog is involved in a sex scandal:

An insult to dogs.   Dogs are always faithful.

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #33 on: October 03, 2016, 02:46:27 pm »
hmmmmmmmm

Tell my why the GOP should expect the vote of fiscal conservatives?  :pondering:

Social conservatism and fiscal conservatism go hand in hand.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Silver Pines

« Reply #34 on: October 03, 2016, 02:46:32 pm »
Ask his good friend.

There he is in action---the man who's going to save Christianity.

Offline montanajoe

« Reply #35 on: October 03, 2016, 02:50:03 pm »
Tell my why the GOP should expect the vote of fiscal conservatives?  :pondering:

Social conservatism and fiscal conservatism go hand in hand.

Well Trump did benefit bigly hugely under the current tax code, I'm sure he can't wait to fix it.. :shrug:

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #36 on: October 03, 2016, 02:50:03 pm »
Sorry I have to disagree.   Its been a lever used by both parties.   The difference is most conservative politicians will try to hide it.   The hypocritical liberals celebrate / ignore it while trying to use it against conservatives.

Sorry I just hate all the rocks being thrown from glass houses.   Having been in the military where people were separated from their spouses for extended periods I can tell you that most anyone can stray.   As has been alluded to the secret to staying faithful is to avoid temptation.    Don't go to bars, don't spend time alone with the opposite sex, do work hard to maintain a connection with your spouse.

In the consulting business I see some people who go out to bars every night when traveling.   Hotel rooms get lonely and boring but there's a lot less temptation.

The way I see it, Republicans never forwarded infidelity as a goal/desired outcome even if  many were as guilty as any dem of taking part. That's a liberal thing. They push the responsibility free sex meme and literally teach kids that monogamy is a bad idea. Infidelity isn't solely about the traditional definition. It's a tool to build on numerous social agendas.

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #37 on: October 03, 2016, 02:51:47 pm »
@Norm Lenhart

Let's not fall into the liberal distraction on that.  The impeachment (including the failed charges) was for alleged activities related to perjurious behavior and obstruction of justice... https://www.congress.gov/bill/105th-congress/house-resolution/611/text

Sure. But Newt can't make his statement without having his own history being part and parcel.

Offline driftdiver

« Reply #38 on: October 03, 2016, 02:59:59 pm »
Well Trump did benefit bigly hugely under the current tax code, I'm sure he can't wait to fix it.. :shrug:

Whats wrong with people being able to write off business losses?   if they make gains they have to pay tax on it don't they.

Or do you think its a good idea to stifle actual capital investments?

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #39 on: October 03, 2016, 03:07:49 pm »
Whats wrong with people being able to write off business losses?   if they make gains they have to pay tax on it don't they.

Nothing wrong with it IMO. the problem is that he trashes it when someone else does it.

Offline montanajoe

« Reply #40 on: October 03, 2016, 03:09:55 pm »

If you like the current tax code you get to keep the current tax code....

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #41 on: October 03, 2016, 03:25:57 pm »
Back to the topic, maybe this is some kind of experiment to see if Trump can get the fewest number of women's votes in history.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #42 on: October 03, 2016, 03:28:09 pm »
Back to the topic, maybe this is some kind of experiment to see if Trump can get the fewest number of women's votes in history.

If you planned on throwing an election, pissing off the entire female voter base would make perfect sense.

Offline Rivergirl

« Reply #43 on: October 03, 2016, 03:30:27 pm »
Agree  that just about everyone in the tRump circle has a long history of infidelity.
They would have us believe that this is the new normal.   
That may be in their lives, but for the rest of us............NO NO NO

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #44 on: October 03, 2016, 03:31:49 pm »
If you planned on throwing an election, pissing off the entire female voter base would make perfect sense.

Morning Joe showed a few clips from Trump's event on Saturday. It was more cringe worthy than anything I've seen yet.

Trump's doubling/tripling down on "being Trump." The 16 other candidates he beat seriously miscalculated on their strategy, thinking they would be Trump easily in a one-on-one confrontation.

Yes, and that includes Cruz.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #45 on: October 03, 2016, 03:33:33 pm »
The whole election seems to be falling into a swirling morass of "Its bad when they do it but we do it too"

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #46 on: October 03, 2016, 03:37:11 pm »
Agree  that just about everyone in the tRump circle has a long history of infidelity.
They would have us believe that this is the new normal.   
That may be in their lives, but for the rest of us............NO NO NO

Many of us ask the question, "why should we trust someone/anyone who has broken the vows of their marriage?" Sure, Reagan was divorced himself, but you have people like Rush & Trump with 3 or more marriages each.

In today's world, one divorce gets most a mulligan. More than that is a serious character flaw. IMO, of course. Rush hasn't been on the cutting edge of societal evolution since he started selling Marta's scarves. He sures loves Trump...blech.

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #47 on: October 03, 2016, 03:38:49 pm »
The whole election seems to be falling into a swirling morass of "Its bad when they do it but we do it too"

Here's my latest joke that is beyond the bounds of the Hatch Act:

Did you hear the latest joke about Hillary and Trump?
There isn't one, the joke's on us.

Don't worry, I have no plans of giving up my day job.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #48 on: October 03, 2016, 03:40:57 pm »
Many of us ask the question, "why should we trust someone/anyone who has broken the vows of their marriage?" Sure, Reagan was divorced himself, but you have people like Rush & Trump with 3 or more marriages each.

In today's world, one divorce gets most a mulligan. More than that is a serious character flaw. IMO, of course. Rush hasn't been on the cutting edge of societal evolution since he started selling Marta's scarves. He sures loves Trump...blech.

I'm not really concerned about the simple issues of broken vows of marriage concept because they are only as good as the person making the vow and for most, it is tradition, not contractual in a legal or moral sense....

... what I'm concerned with more is the same concern many had with Bill Clinton. When someone plays around as much as they both have (and Trump bragged about it a lot), that leaves him very open to blackmail and extortion.

Trump's advantage on the subject though is he doesn't deny it. He brags about it. He bragged he got more tail than Hugh Hefner. So nothing coming out of the woodwork would be a surprise, even a few little orange illegitimate ones.

Offline driftdiver

« Reply #49 on: October 03, 2016, 03:48:35 pm »
If you like the current tax code you get to keep the current tax code....

Stupid attack there.    Liking the current code has nothing to do with it.  What he did was legal.  Do you follow current tax code?  Perhaps we should all be condemning you.

What I'm surprised about is that he had a billion dollars to lose.