Author Topic: Trump’s Secret Weapon: The Conservative Agenda  (Read 1271 times)

Offline unknown

Trump’s Secret Weapon: The Conservative Agenda
« on: October 03, 2016, 05:14:38 am »

Trump’s Secret Weapon: The Conservative Agenda

http://www.nationalreview.com/article/440399/donald-trumps-conservative-agenda-reason-trumps-gaining-ground

Deroy Murdock
September 27, 2016

From school choice to black outreach to rebuilding the military, he’s running solidly on the right.

Why is Donald J. Trump neck and neck with Hillary Clinton? For the most part, he is doing exactly what the Right would want and expect from a Republican nominee.

.. snip ..

I won't be here after the election and vote.

If Hillary wins - I will be busy, BLOAT! (It won't be long before she won't let you buy.)

If Trump wins, I won't be here to GLOAT. (I don't want to hang around while everyone looks at every speck in his eye.)

Offline unknown

Re: Trump’s Secret Weapon: The Conservative Agenda
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2016, 05:18:25 am »
Wow, this is really a great article.

It covers the following topics pretty well with some good links:

- A Conservative Running Mate

- Make SCOTUS Conservative Again

- Immigration Reform

- Asking Black Americans for Their Votes

- Defense Readiness

- Widespread School Choice

- Un-bullying America’s Pulpits

- Unplug Obamacare

- Farewell, Phyllis

- Make America Grow Again

- Protecting Unborn Americans

I won't be here after the election and vote.

If Hillary wins - I will be busy, BLOAT! (It won't be long before she won't let you buy.)

If Trump wins, I won't be here to GLOAT. (I don't want to hang around while everyone looks at every speck in his eye.)

Online DB

« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2016, 05:31:41 am »
You've been comparing Trump to Reagan, Did you vote for Reagan?

Offline LMAO

« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2016, 05:37:21 am »
You've been comparing Trump to Reagan, Did you vote for Reagan?

I wonder if some of these posters were even born when Reagan ran in 1980?

Reagan didn't run on a platform of new entitlements, more spending and government, and protectionism
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online DB

« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2016, 05:41:36 am »
I wonder if some of these posters were even born when Reagan ran in 1980?

Reagan didn't run on a platform of new entitlements, more spending and government, and protectionism

Unknown has been telling us all about Reagan and all his similarities to Trump. Yet I can't seem to get his/her attention on whether or not he/she voted for Reagan. Why is that?

Offline LMAO

« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2016, 05:48:52 am »
Unknown has been telling us all about Reagan and all his similarities to Trump. Yet I can't seem to get his/her attention on whether or not he/she voted for Reagan. Why is that?

I remember the 1980 election very well. I was part of a local group that worked to get Reagan elected as a new 18 year old.
No comparison. The big question was could Reagan's conservative politics win a national election?
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online DB

« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2016, 05:58:50 am »
I remember the 1980 election very well. I was part of a local group that worked to get Reagan elected as a new 18 year old.
No comparison. The big question was could Reagan's conservative politics win a national election?

Yes, but Unknown continues to malign Reagan with false comparisons. Funny how Unknown refuses to answer a simple question.

Offline guitar4jesus

• Yup...
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2016, 12:13:14 pm »
1980 was my first election.  I was still a liberal skull full-o-mush back then but I was in the navy and we were told if we wanted a pay raise we better vote Reagan.  Seeing the response from Iran to his election was a huge eye opener to me.  It was during his second term that I really started to wake up from my liberal coma.  Reagan, Rush and my father were the major influences on my early conservative development.  Thankfully I've never looked back.

Trump is NO Reagan.

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2016, 12:29:11 pm »

Thats odd... I can't get him to do anything but dodge the issue of why it is anyone should listen to him after he refused to support the GOP candidate in 12, but WE have to in 16. Perhaps he has us on ignore? Hopefully before anyone reading his browbeating propaganda posts takes them, or him/her/it seriously, they too will ask him/her/it what the reasoning is. I mean it's not like there could be a good one. And its a completely legitimate question.

Now me, I'm consistent at least. I didn't vote Romney on Principle and I am not voting Trump on principle. That seems to make him/her/it rather  upset though.

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2016, 12:58:18 pm »
1980 was my first election.  I was still a liberal skull full-o-mush back then but I was in the navy and we were told if we wanted a pay raise we better vote Reagan.  Seeing the response from Iran to his election was a huge eye opener to me.  It was during his second term that I really started to wake up from my liberal coma.  Reagan, Rush and my father were the major influences on my early conservative development.  Thankfully I've never looked back.

Trump is NO Reagan.

I'll do you one (or two) better than that. I voted for Carter in 76, because Ford pardoned Nixon. Between 77 and 80, I really grew up. I was in Germany for all but one month of the Carter Presidency. During 77 & 78, we basically shut down training because there was no money in the months of August & September.

In 78, I was a Platoon Leader for a Towed Vulcan platoon, and 3 of my 4 squad leaders were E-4's, "Acting Jacks." We needed every bit of training we could get. Good thing my platoon sergeant was good, because he ran the show during alerts. Our mission was airbase defense, and during the 4 day Air Force tac eval's , that was virtually uninterrupted training time. Not for me, though...I was down in the Wing Command Post as the Army Liasion Officer, as I was one of two officers in the battery with a TS clearance. The BC was the other, and he obviously had more important things to do.

Fast forward to 80, and I knew I couldn't vote for Carter. My German neighbors pleaded with me to vote for Carter, they were sure that Reagan would start WWIII. I loved these people, and the town I lived in was as much my home as it was theirs, as I had lived there nearly four years. I spoke their language, and put it in a way they eventually understood.

36 years later, I'd likely be sitting in a dark corner of the neighborhood gasthaus, lamenting over our current candidates.

The biggest influences on my development as a conservative? The Platoon Leaders Handbook and Once an Eagle (by Anton Myrer). "Everything your unit does, or fails to do, is your responsibility." That lesson was driven home during my first two years in Germany, as a Platoon Leader for three of my battery's four platoons.

My life philosophy is also augmented by 1 John 3:18: let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action. I'm nowhere near where I need to be, but I aspire to that verse, i.e. "deeds not words."
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.