Author Topic: Trump supporters defend the GOP nominee as a ‘genius’ with taxes  (Read 478 times)

Offline sinkspur

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/trump-supporters-defend-gop-nominee-as-a-genius-with-taxes/2016/10/02/dc28080a-88a5-11e6-b24f-a7f89eb68887_story.html

Trump supporters defend the GOP nominee as a ‘genius’ with taxes

By Philip Rucker and Jenna Johnson October 2 at 1:32 PM

.....“What we’re seeing is somebody who’s blowing himself apart in real time,” said Peter Wehner, a strategist and scholar who served in the administrations of the last three Republican presidents. “It’s a pretty extraordinary thing to see. It’s a political death wish, as if at some deep level he doesn’t want to be president.”

Wehner added, “It’s gnawing on him that he could become what he has contempt for, and that is a loser.”

Mo Elleithee, a Democratic strategist who runs Georgetown University’s Institute of Politics and Public Service, said, “Political operatives and strategists are going to study this week for generations as the textbook case of self-sabotage.”.......
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline LMAO

Re: Trump supporters defend the GOP nominee as a ‘genius’ with taxes
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2016, 11:02:03 pm »
To those who think this was genius

What would your reaction be if, after months and years calling for higher taxes and "Tax shaming," it was revealed that Hillary Clinton did what Trump did?
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Wingnut

« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2016, 11:05:54 pm »
To those who think this was genius

Tump is not a smart man but he knows what a con is.

Online corbe

« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2016, 11:19:27 pm »
   He grew up watching his Daddy (Fred) scam NY Immigrants as a Slum Lord in the 40's. 
   The Apple didn't fall far from the Tree, just the magnitude of the Apple.

Bite the Big Apple, Don't Mind the Maggots.    Stones
« Last Edit: October 02, 2016, 11:36:14 pm by corbe »
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.