Author Topic: ‘October Surprise’ Thwarted? Wikileaks Cancels Highly Anticipated Tuesday Announcement Due to ‘Security Concerns’  (Read 3432 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!

By Heat Street Staff | 12:56 pm, October 2, 2016   

Wikileaks has abruptly canceled a much-anticipated announcement on Tuesday, according to NBC News. The announcement had been expected to be founder Julian Assange’s long-promised document dump on Hillary Clinton.

NBC’s Jesse Rodriguez reported that the Tuesday announcement — which was to come from the balcony of London’s Ecuadorian Embassy, where Assange has sought sanctuary for years – was canceled due to “security concerns”.

more
http://heatst.com/politics/october-surprise-thwarted-wikileaks-cancels-highly-anticipated-tuesday-announcement-due-to-security-concerns/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Interesting considering they have always followed through. Either it was a grave threat or they are using this as an attention grabber and still plan to release.

Online corbe

Shows the Clinton Foundation's check cleared and the Trump Foundation check - BOUNCED.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Interesting considering they have always followed through. Either it was a grave threat or they are using this as an attention grabber and still plan to release.

My thinking too. They may still come thru, just drop the bomb with no announcement.
The Republic is lost.

HonestJohn

He lives in an embassy.

What security concerns?!?

Online corbe

Looks to me that if Obummer wanted him, the Extradition Treaty with Ecuador amendment of 1941 (addendum of the 1873 Treaty, (both ratified by the US Senate) under Article 15

15th. Obtaining money, valuable securities or other property by false pretenses, or receiving any money, valuable securities or other property knowing the same to have been unlawfully obtained, where the amount of money or the value of the property so obtained or received exceeds two hundred dollars, or Ecuadorean equivalent.

http://www.mcnabbassociates.com/Ecuador%20International%20Extradition%20Treaty-Supplementary%20with%20the%20United%20States.pdf

I understand the British are involved here, but reading their Extradition Treaty w/Ecuador tells me essentially the same thing, pretty broad.

Then I saw this:

Map: How to stay out of reach of US extradition treaties

Written by
David Yanofsky
June 24, 2013

Advice for future Edward Snowdens: You can’t cross the Atlantic or Pacific Oceans without running into a US extradition treaty.

In the map above, we’ve shown all possible international routes one can travel between countries that don’t have a formal agreement with the United States for extraditing accused criminals. Flying from Moscow to Kiev is fine, but think twice before traveling on to Berlin; the German government signed an extradition treaty with the US in 1978.

http://qz.com/97428/map-how-to-stay-out-of-reach-of-us-extradition-treaties/

perhaps assuage has told obummer what he has on HIM.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2016, 08:22:08 pm by corbe »
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Longmire

He lives in an embassy. What security concerns?!?

You're kidding right?

Someone scaled the outside of the building and tried to break into his living quarters a month ago.

It took police hours to get there too.

Shooting him as he steps onto the balcony is not out of the question either.

Look what happened to John Ashe.

Offline ABX

OK, here is what I'm hearing from various wikileaks/anon threads.

The release is NOT off, only a public appearance by Assange on his balcony. The release is still set to go.
Tuesday is the key day. It is an important day for Wikileaks, it is their 10th Anniversary (founded Oct 4, 2006). They want to make it big, explosive, not only for their anniversary but to possibly make enough of an impact to finally get Assange out of the need for protection- basically lay it all on the table and disrupt the system.
Wikileaks has had this for a while, possibly longer than even the DCLeaks docs. This was the dead man's switch insurance policy Assange has mentioned the past few years- if something happens to him, it was to be automatically released.
What is the big dirt? Rock solid proof Hillary Clinton, through an account she set up in Chelsea's name, was paying off government officials, all the way to the White House.
Something supposedly that should also make Trump worry, but he is secondary. They think both major candidates are going to be harmed but this one is really just about Hillary.

« Last Edit: October 03, 2016, 04:40:40 am by AbaraXas »

HAPPY2BME

What is the big dirt? Rock solid proof Hillary Clinton, through an account she set up in Chelsea's name, was paying off government officials, all the way to the White House.
Something supposedly that should also make Trump worry, but he is secondary. They think both major candidates are going to be harmed but this one is really just about Hillary.

==========================

If Trumps Wins, The Clinton’s Go To Jail!

Offline sinkspur

Nothing Assange has leaked has damaged anybody in any way.  This is like DC Whispers on steroids. 

And Tuesday won't be a bit different.  Voters have already priced Clinton corruption into the equation.  Whatever's in the release won't live up to the hype.

They will choose corrupt over crazy.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline ABX

Nothing Assange has leaked has damaged anybody in any way.  This is like DC Whispers on steroids. 

And Tuesday won't be a bit different.  Voters have already priced Clinton corruption into the equation.  Whatever's in the release won't live up to the hype.

They will choose corrupt over crazy.

I think Assange, in some of his statements does have too much confidence in our legal system doing the right thing.

If you have a media unwilling to report it, a justice department turning a blind eye, and a Congress just wanting to play nice, it could be just another story.

If a tree falls in the forest....

Offline Gov Bean Counter

I think Assange, in some of his statements does have too much confidence in our legal system doing the right thing.

If you have a media unwilling to report it, a justice department turning a blind eye, and a Congress just wanting to play nice, it could be just another story.

In this case, if a bear craps in the woods and nobody is around to smell it, does it still stink???
Donald Trump - Simple solutions for the simple minded...

Offline skeeter

There is enough on Hillary out there right now to destroy any candidate, were the media to give it the focused attention they've given past 'scandals' - Iran Contra, Watergate, Katrina.

But they haven't and they won't.

Unfortunately focused media attention is an absolute requirement to drum up enough public pressure for legal action. Or even to have a negative political effect.

Offline Longmire

Offline Norm Lenhart

Trump it is then... :beer:

Well  now you're on record of not only claiming Trump is corrupt but supporting corruption.

And toasting it.

Offline ABX

Well  now you're on record of not only claiming Trump is corrupt but supporting corruption.

And toasting it.

What happens if they find out Trump was on the payoff list?

Offline ABX

I haven't validated how legit this source is, but they claim from leaked emails, Hillary wanted to drone strike Assange....

.....Clinton’s State Department was getting pressure from President Obama and his White House inner circle, as well as heads of state internationally, to try and cutoff Assange’s delivery of the cables and if that effort failed, then to forge a strategy to minimize the administration’s public embarrassment over the contents of the cables. Hence, Clinton’s early morning November meeting of State’s top brass who floated various proposals to stop, slow or spin the Wikileaks contamination. That is when a frustrated Clinton, sources said, at some point blurted out a controversial query.

“Can’t we just drone this guy?” Clinton openly inquired, offering a simple remedy to silence Assange and smother Wikileaks via a planned military drone strike, according to State Department sources. The statement drew laughter from the room which quickly died off when the Secretary kept talking in a terse manner, sources said. .....

http://truepundit.com/under-intense-pressure-to-silence-wikileaks-secretary-of-state-hillary-clinton-proposed-drone-strike-on-julian-assange/

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
Remember when Drudge and Daily Caller had that mystery tape that was going to cost Obama the election?

4 years later and I'm still waiting for it.

Offline Norm Lenhart

What happens if they find out Trump was on the payoff list?

Stroke of brilliance. 3d Chess move. Patriotic. Conservative. Never underestimate the ability of a liberal to lie to themselves and everyone else in service of their agenda.

Offline ABX

Remember when Drudge and Daily Caller had that mystery tape that was going to cost Obama the election?

4 years later and I'm still waiting for it.

The LA Times one?

The difference is so far, Wikileaks has been 100% in their promises, the only thing they've gotten wrong is understanding how the public and our justice system would react to it.

Offline Longmire

And toasting it.

I like to drink, what can I say.. :shrug:

At least my shorts aren't in a twist.

Offline Suppressed

I haven't validated how legit this source is, but they claim from leaked emails, Hillary wanted to drone strike Assange....

That doesn't seem to be the sort of thing that would be in an e-mail message.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Norm Lenhart

I like to drink, what can I say.. :shrug:

At least my shorts aren't in a twist.

Your logic is twisted enough to cover for your shorts.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical

Half funny and half scary. Even Trump has never said anything that insane.

Online Lando Lincoln

I cannot imagine what is in play here. 
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck