Author Topic: The New York Times risked legal trouble to publish Donald Trump’s tax return  (Read 464 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!

The Fix
The New York Times risked legal trouble to publish Donald Trump’s tax return
By Callum Borchers October 2 at 7:27 AM

Dean Baquet wasn't bluffing.

The New York Times executive editor said during a visit to Harvard in September that he would risk jail to publish Donald Trump's tax returns. He made good on his word Saturday night when the Times published Trump tax documents from 1995, which show the Republican presidential nominee claimed losses of $916 million that year — enough to avoid paying federal income taxes for as many as 18 years afterward.

Federal law makes it illegal to publish an unauthorized tax return:

It shall be unlawful for any person to whom any return or return information (as defined in section 6103(b)) is disclosed in a manner unauthorized by this title thereafter willfully to print or publish in any manner not provided by law any such return or return information. Any violation of this paragraph shall be a felony punishable by a fine in any amount not exceeding $5,000, or imprisonment of not more than 5 years, or both, together with the costs of prosecution.

more
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2016/10/02/the-new-york-times-risked-legal-trouble-to-publish-donald-trumps-tax-return/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online LMAO

This would be true in a nation of laws.

But, as we all have painfully seen, we have become a Nation of Suggestions
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline sinkspur

This is funny. 

Trump's campaign is in a huff that his returns were leaked.

But nobody is denying the truth of his loss, or that he has paid any income taxes at all in the last 20 years.

The only way he can prove that he has is........to release his latest returns.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.