Author Topic: Germany Prepares for Possible President Trump  (Read 567 times)

Offline unknown

Germany Prepares for Possible President Trump
« on: October 02, 2016, 04:51:55 am »

Secret Meetings with Campaign

Germany Prepares for Possible President Trump

Concerned about what would happen to German-American relations in the event Donald Trump wins the US presidential election, government officials are holding low-key talks with his advisors. It's clear that if the Republican wins, it could be expensive for Berlin.

http://www.spiegel.de/international/world/germany-prepares-for-possible-president-donald-trump-a-1114716.html

Holger Stark and Christoph Schult

The meeting with Donald Trump's emissary was discreet, the location carefully chosen -- it was supposed to seem informal. Ultimately, an unremarkable café in Washington D.C. was picked. And in April, Markus Ederer, state secretary in Germany's Foreign Ministry, met there with Trump advisor Sam Clovis. Ederer was tasked with finding answers to a central question. What would a Trump victory mean for German-American relations? And how serious is the Republican candidate with his foreign policy blustering?

.. snip ..

I won't be here after the election and vote.

If Hillary wins - I will be busy, BLOAT! (It won't be long before she won't let you buy.)

If Trump wins, I won't be here to GLOAT. (I don't want to hang around while everyone looks at every speck in his eye.)