Author Topic: I’ll save you from Trump and Clinton: Evan McMullin  (Read 5900 times)

Oceander

Re: I’ll save you from Trump and Clinton: Evan McMullin
« Reply #25 on: October 04, 2016, 01:30:51 am »
Where did you get this?  From StormFront? 

Back this up or shut the hell up.

Longmire seems to have an unhealthy affection for stormfront.

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #26 on: October 04, 2016, 01:35:51 am »
The Beck interview was good. Evan spoke with clarity and with intellegence, unlike Trump. I've been following Evan on FB for over a month now and I like what I read. He seems to be a genuine conservative, again unlike Trump. Not sure though if the write-in vote will count here in WA.

Hillary will take this state regardless, and if its like most elections we will know who wins hours before our polls close. But in any case my conscience will be clear, as I will not vote for either NY Liberals. 
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Online libertybele

« Reply #27 on: October 04, 2016, 01:54:34 am »
A lot of people don't understand the electoral college (don't take offense to that, nothing personal).  A candidate does not need to be on the ballots in all 50 states to be competitive.

All the third parties need to do is keep the two major party candidates from reaching 270 EVs.

If no candidate reaches 270 electoral votes, the race is decided by the House of Representatives for president and Senate for VP. The House makes their choice based on the top 3 EV winners (in contention). But it gets even more interesting if the House fails to come to a unanimous decision, then the President is the VP selected by Senate..

Considering how closely divided this country is, that could be easy.  Remember Bush v Gore; Bush won, 271 to 266 electoral votes. Only two EV's shifting to a (or multiple) third party candidates could have meant that neither major party candidate would win outright, it would go to the House.  In the Bush v Gore case, a third party only getting on the ballot in ONE state could have theoretically made them competitive. (direct example, if Trump and Hillary split as closely as Bush v Gore, BUT Gary Johnson wins Utah (he is within the margin of error for the lead there), that would prevent Trump or Hillary from getting the 270 EVs).

This is like a big red reset button.

This is also not unheard of. This has happened twice before in our history, so out of 44 presidents, those aren't bad odds. Especially in a  year like this.

So no, a third party vote is not a wasted vote.

I understand the electoral college; a third party denying the majority is extremely difficult if not next to impossible.  It is impossible for a 3rd party to win the majority vote needed, especially when they haven't qualified in all 50 states.

I never stated that a 3rd party vote was a wasted vote.  Everyone should vote their conscience.

http://www.thirdworldtraveler.com/Political_Reform/Third_Parties_America.html

Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #28 on: October 04, 2016, 01:55:28 am »
Where did you get this?  From StormFront? 

Back this up or shut the hell up.

He can't.  The best he can do is provide a picture of McCain and McMullin in the ME.

Evan McMullin was born in Provo, Utah on April 2, 1976 to David McMullin, a computer scientist, and Lanie (Bullard) McMullin.

He graduated from Auburn High School in Auburn, Washington, and earned a Bachelor’s degree in International Law and Diplomacy from Brigham Young University (BYU) and a Master’s of Business Administration from The Wharton School at the University of Pennsylvania.

Evan served as a Mormon missionary in Brazil and Volunteer Refugee Resettlement Officer in Amman, Jordan on behalf of the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees.

On September 11th, 2001 Evan was in training at CIA Headquarters in Langley, Virginia. He completed his training and repeatedly volunteered for overseas service in the Middle East, North Africa and South Asia, spearheading counterterrorism and intelligence operations in some of the most dangerous places on earth.

Having completed his CIA service, in 2011, McMullin transitioned to the Investment Banking Division at Goldman Sachs in the San Francisco Bay Area, where he worked with companies in several industries, including technology, energy, consumer goods, biotech, industrials and real estate on capital raising projects and mergers and acquisitions.

In 2013, McMullin joined the House Committee on Foreign Affairs as a senior advisor and later became the chief policy director of the House Republican Conference.

He declared his candidacy for President of the United States on August 8, 2016, saying “In a year where Americans have lost faith in the candidates of both major parties, it’s time for a generation of new leadership to step up. It’s never too late to do the right thing, and America deserves much better than either Donald Trump or Hillary Clinton can offer us. I humbly offer myself as a leader who can give millions of disaffected Americans a better choice for President.”

https://www.evanmcmullin.com/about

Unless something drastically wrong with McMullin surfaces I am thinking this is my candidate.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #29 on: October 04, 2016, 02:12:32 am »
Unless something drastically wrong with McMullin surfaces I am thinking this is my candidate.

I'm bouncing between him and Castle. I'd like to see traction for the Constitution Party, but I like McMullin.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Online corbe

« Reply #30 on: October 04, 2016, 02:16:56 am »
    Independent Evan McMullin eligible for write-in on Texas ballot

http://www.dallasnews.com/news/2016-presidential-election/2016/09/16/independent-evan-mcmullin-eligible-write-ontexas-ballot

He's MY only option in Texas.

My first choice, Castle and the Constitution Party didn't make the Ballot.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online libertybele

« Reply #31 on: October 04, 2016, 02:20:58 am »
I'm bouncing between him and Castle. I'd like to see traction for the Constitution Party, but I like McMullin.

Personally I favor The Constitution Party and they have really made some great progress this election.  There are on the ballot or on the ballot as write-in candidates except for six states.  3 States - California, New York and Nebraska the write-in on ballot is pending and 3 states - Oklahoma, North Carolina and Massachusetts they are not on the ballot.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online libertybele

« Reply #32 on: October 04, 2016, 02:23:16 am »
    Independent Evan McMullin eligible for write-in on Texas ballot

http://www.dallasnews.com/news/2016-presidential-election/2016/09/16/independent-evan-mcmullin-eligible-write-ontexas-ballot

He's MY only option in Texas.

My first choice, Castle and the Constitution Party didn't make the Ballot.

According to the Constitution Party website that is not true.  They have 'qualified' as a write-in, on ballot in TX.

https://www.constitutionparty.com/get-involved/election-central/ballot-access/

Online corbe

« Reply #33 on: October 04, 2016, 03:01:01 am »
According to the Constitution Party website that is not true.  They have 'qualified' as a write-in, on ballot in TX.

https://www.constitutionparty.com/get-involved/election-central/ballot-access/

Thanks @libertybele

He's got my Write-In

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online corbe

« Reply #34 on: October 04, 2016, 03:04:36 am »
This needs to be repeated, especially for those of us slower than others.

Constitution Party - Ballot Access

[img width-500]https://www.constitutionparty.com/assets/Ballot-Access-Map-master26-e1475352349399.png[/img]
« Last Edit: October 04, 2016, 03:05:02 am by corbe »

Offline Doug Loss

• Proud Tennessean
« Reply #35 on: October 04, 2016, 05:48:23 pm »
The problem with the Constitution Party, as I see it, is that they do virtually no advertising or voter outreach.  Do they not have any money, or are they not really trying?
My political philosophy:

1) I'm not bothering anybody.
2) It's none of your business.
3) Leave me alone!

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #36 on: October 04, 2016, 05:54:34 pm »
The problem with the Constitution Party, as I see it, is that they do virtually no advertising or voter outreach.  Do they not have any money, or are they not really trying?

I've wondered the same.  Where does the money go?
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #37 on: October 04, 2016, 05:55:11 pm »

Lol they probably can't afford the gas for their campaign.  :silly:

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #38 on: October 04, 2016, 08:07:57 pm »
Judging by the size of their operation and their target audience, I'm pretty sure they don't have any money. Castle literally has less than $3,000 in his campaign account.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Doug Loss

• Proud Tennessean
« Reply #39 on: October 04, 2016, 08:53:17 pm »
Judging by the size of their operation and their target audience, I'm pretty sure they don't have any money. Castle literally has less than $3,000 in his campaign account.

So is there any realistic possibility that they might become a real conservative alternative, or do we need to continue to look elsewhere?
My political philosophy:

3) Leave me alone!

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #40 on: October 04, 2016, 09:27:34 pm »

:silly:

Clown show.

Online libertybele

« Reply #41 on: October 04, 2016, 09:32:04 pm »

Perhaps you don't realize that it is more difficult for a third party to even get on the ballot; the rules are different for them than that of the GOP and DEMS.  Secondly, the big money donors flock to the two parties.  Clinton is spending millions, Trump is a billionaire...you do the math.  No, I don't know of any 3rd party that has millions to spend; however, that is unfortunately what is wrong with the 'system' -- big money seems to win.

They definitely are trying.  It is quite remarkable that the Constitution Party has made the progress of getting on the ballot in the vast majority of states.

A third party could (though not probable) deny either Clinton or Trump the majority.  The decision would then go to the House and they select from the 3 candidates with the most electoral votes.  Hypothetically, Clinton or Trump may not get a majority needed and a  3rd party such as the Constitution Party;  could have the next largest number of electoral votes and the House could elect him.

Offline Doug Loss

• Proud Tennessean
« Reply #42 on: October 04, 2016, 10:35:26 pm »
Perhaps you don't realize that it is more difficult for a third party to even get on the ballot; the rules are different for them than that of the GOP and DEMS.  Secondly, the big money donors flock to the two parties.  Clinton is spending millions, Trump is a billionaire...you do the math.  No, I don't know of any 3rd party that has millions to spend; however, that is unfortunately what is wrong with the 'system' -- big money seems to win.

They definitely are trying.  It is quite remarkable that the Constitution Party has made the progress of getting on the ballot in the vast majority of states.

A third party could (though not probable) deny either Clinton or Trump the majority.  The decision would then go to the House and they select from the 3 candidates with the most electoral votes.  Hypothetically, Clinton or Trump may not get a majority needed and a  3rd party such as the Constitution Party;  could have the next largest number of electoral votes and the House could elect him.

I do know about the difficulties for a third party in getting on the ballot.  That isn't the question, though.  Once a party is on the ballot, it needs to let people know it's there and what it's about.  It's a question of mindshare.  In the past, big money donors were pretty much the only way to get the wherewithal to reach the masses.  However, the advent of the internet and social media has meant that there are alternatives means for getting the word out.  The Constitution Party needs some serious efforts to reach the masses via social media, which could be done much less expensively than buying TV time on the national broadcast networks.  This isn't being done at all, so far as I can see.

Finally, for any third party candidate to be selectable by the House if the Electoral College didn't award a majority to either uniparty candidate, that third party candidate must have won some electoral votes, either by winning a state outright or by winning a congressional district in Nebraska or Maine.  Getting 20% or better nationally means nothing if a candidate doesn't win at least a plurality in some state.
My political philosophy:

3) Leave me alone!

Online corbe

« Reply #43 on: October 04, 2016, 10:46:01 pm »
   Sure glad Lincoln and others didn't share yall's thoughts back in the 1850's.

Look how easy it was for someone like 'trump' to completely destroy what was left of Lincoln's party.

The Constitution Party seems like a stable vehicle for US to move forward.   Yes,  Internet savvy and money is severely lacking right now (forget the candidate).

Sen Cruz and Lee, pick up the white courtesy phone, please.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #44 on: October 04, 2016, 10:54:45 pm »
So is there any realistic possibility that they might become a real conservative alternative, or do we need to continue to look elsewhere?
I'd say look elsewhere.

My whole thought was that they initially planned on pretty much sitting this one out. The CP has always leaned alt-right, so Trump really sucked out their natural constituency. (This is like the Greens in '04, where they nominally put up a candidate but rejected Nader because he was afraid he'd do too well and take votes away from Kerry, who was and is very friendly to the Green agenda.) Castle even said no to running at first, but for some odd reason he came back in. He said he was sick before and there's no sign he's really even campaigning, so he might actually really be sick. I guess he either doesn't care or assumes that people are going to do their research and come to the conclusion that he's the most conservative guy in the race and he'll get votes based solely on that.

My plan is to probably vote Libertarian (again, reservations against Johnson aside) for now, then hope that conservatives are better prepared when—not if, but when—the GOP picks the wrong candidate again in 2020.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Doug Loss

• Proud Tennessean
« Reply #45 on: October 04, 2016, 11:28:46 pm »

Look how easy it was for someone like 'trump' to completely destroy what was left of Lincoln's party.

The Constitution Party seems like a stable vehicle for US to move forward.   Yes,  Internet savvy and money is severely lacking right now (forget the candidate).

See, the problem is that there doesn't seem to be any energy behind the Constitution Party.  You can't just stand around and wait for good things to happen, you have to work for them.
My political philosophy:

3) Leave me alone!

Offline Doug Loss

• Proud Tennessean
« Reply #46 on: October 04, 2016, 11:30:54 pm »
I'd say look elsewhere.

My whole thought was that they initially planned on pretty much sitting this one out. The CP has always leaned alt-right, so Trump really sucked out their natural constituency. (This is like the Greens in '04, where they nominally put up a candidate but rejected Nader because he was afraid he'd do too well and take votes away from Kerry, who was and is very friendly to the Green agenda.) Castle even said no to running at first, but for some odd reason he came back in. He said he was sick before and there's no sign he's really even campaigning, so he might actually really be sick. I guess he either doesn't care or assumes that people are going to do their research and come to the conclusion that he's the most conservative guy in the race and he'll get votes based solely on that.

My plan is to probably vote Libertarian (again, reservations against Johnson aside) for now, then hope that conservatives are better prepared when—not if, but when—the GOP picks the wrong candidate again in 2020.

Well, maybe The New Americana group will come up with something.  Not for this election, but maybe later.
My political philosophy:

3) Leave me alone!

Online libertybele

« Reply #47 on: October 04, 2016, 11:34:11 pm »

Exactly...that's what I'm hoping for.

Online corbe

« Reply #48 on: October 04, 2016, 11:34:43 pm »
See, the problem is that there doesn't seem to be any energy behind the Constitution Party.  You can't just stand around and wait for good things to happen, you have to work for them.

It's still early, the 2016 Fiasco isn't even over yet, but it will be fatal to wait till 2019.

Offline Doug Loss

• Proud Tennessean
« Reply #49 on: October 04, 2016, 11:56:39 pm »

It's still early, the 2016 Fiasco isn't even over yet, but it will be fatal to wait till 2019.

But the Constitution Party has been around since the 1992. You'd think 24 years would be enough to get something going.  The fact that they really haven't suggests that they either can't or really aren't all that interested.
My political philosophy:

3) Leave me alone!