Author Topic: I’ll save you from Trump and Clinton: Evan McMullin  (Read 5902 times)

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
I’ll save you from Trump and Clinton: Evan McMullin
« on: October 02, 2016, 12:21:23 am »
I’ll save you from Trump and Clinton: Evan McMullin

The debate confirmed that these two candidates can't offer the kind of leadership we need.

The Monday night presidential debate was one more chapter in what I’m calling our third-world election.
A little over six weeks ago, I launched an "https://www.evanmcmullin.com/" because, like so many others, I found the two major-party candidates terribly unsuited to offer the kind of leadership the people of this great nation need. I saw no candidate standing up for the universal ideals that have made this the greatest country on earth. Instead, I saw Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump as third-world candidates who will jeopardize the security, prosperity, and even the survival of our republic.
Both Clinton and Trump promote some of the worst instincts in American political life, and they embody the kind of evils that we decry in other nations which lag behind ours in almost every way by decades or more. Doing what they can to avoid scrutiny of their hollow ideas, both candidates hide from the American media and the people, appearing only in carefully controlled settings and with limited interaction. At the debate, Clinton continued to avoid accountability and Trump avoided even basic civility. He presented ideas that were simply wrong, and while she took the attack to him, she proposed the same kind of top-down, central-government “solutions” we’ve seen too many times in the past.
These two candidates have left America with a campaign that produces more heat than light and more discord than unity. The Clinton and Trump candidacies remind me of the third-world politics I witnessed while serving in post-9/11 war zones and in other undercover assignments with the CIA. As a clandestine services officer in the Middle East, North Africa, and South Asia, I saw exactly the same kind of pay-for-play politics, the corrupt use of national offices for personal gain, and the complete lack of accountability that is a defining characteristic of Clinton and the Clinton Foundation.

With each passing day, we learn of more underhanded, quid-pro-quo stories of the Clinton State Department acting as a one-stop shop for companies and foreign governments seeking to influence American policy through a payoff scheme she controlled. The Clinton Foundation is a uniquely corrupt and corrupting enterprise, unlike anything else in modern political history. It’s not a charity; it’s simply old-fashioned corruption. In my view, the evidence to date should disqualify Clinton from national office.

Against any other candidate than the fragile Trump, Clinton would be nothing more than a poster-child for desperately-needed ethics reform. Only Trump could sustain her campaign, and that’s exactly what he’s beendoing.

Clinton isn’t the only reminder of the third-world politics of this campaign season. After a decade of CIA service, Trump is also a familiar character to me. Blustering, despotic, and fueling racial and ethnic tensions to thrill his followers and intimidate his opponents while empowering himself, Trump’s disdain for America’s character and the values enshrined in our Constitution plays out every day in his attacks on religious minorities, Hispanics, African Americans, the free press, and the rule of law.

POLICING THE USA: A look at race, justice, media

Trump’s adoration of dictatorships and authoritarians was on full display tonight, and flies in the face of every American ideal. He is surrounded by employees of Vladimir Putin, and is openly infatuated with the Russian strongman. His new cabal of advisers would be familiar in the third world; every strongman has a propagandist like Trump’s new campaign CEO, Steve Bannon — a man who happily profits from pushing racial discord, ethnic strife, and overt anti-Semitism.

The debate showed that Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump are two sides of the same ugly coin. The twin demons of corruption and authoritarianism drive many of the security and economic challenges facing our nation in an increasingly unstable world. I’ve seen the results of both, up close and personal, in places no American would recognize as the kind of country ours should be. It is time for a new generation of American leadership that abandons these destructive ideas and practices, puts the interests of the American people first and unifies our blessed nation.

Americans deserved better at the first debate, and they deserve better in November.

Evan McMullin is an independent candidate for President and former operations officer in the CIA’s National Clandestine Service.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/opinion/2016/09/27/trump-clinton-debate-evan-mcmullin-independent-column/91153066/

I would like to see this guy in the next debate.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline libertybele

Re: I’ll save you from Trump and Clinton: Evan McMullin
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2016, 01:05:19 am »
Only problem is; very little is truly known about Evan McMullin and most importantly it is absolutely 100% impossible for him to win as he has not qualified to be on the ballot in all 50 states. 

Yes, America deserves better than Clinton or Trump. As difficult as it is to comprehend, those are the two that the people picked; a criminal and a narcissistic demagogue.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Longmire

« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2016, 01:38:46 am »
McMullin has ties to Al Qaeda and the Muslim Brotherhood, his area of 'expertise'.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2016, 01:46:31 am »
Only problem is; very little is truly known about Evan McMullin and most importantly it is absolutely 100% impossible for him to win as he has not qualified to be on the ballot in all 50 states. 

Yes, America deserves better than Clinton or Trump. As difficult as it is to comprehend, those are the two that the people picked; a criminal and a narcissistic demagogue.
McMullin has one extremely narrow path to victory:

1. Win Utah.
2. Hope Gary Johnson wins no more than one state with fewer electoral votes than Utah. The best case scenario for McMullin is he wins Utah (6 EV) and Johnson New Mexico (5 EV), taking 11 electoral votes off the map for Clinton and Trump.
3. Hope that neither Clinton nor Trump get 270 electoral votes. This would send the election to the House, where the top 3 Electoral College vote-getters (Clinton, Trump, McMullin under this scenario) would be the House's three choices.
4. Hope that a Republican Congress, cognizant of the danger of a Trump Presidency, loyal to McMullin for his service to the chamber and understanding that his late entry into the race prevented people from having the option of voting for him, unites fully behind him—or at least have few enough Trump votes so that the Democrats can't vote as a bloc for Hillary and take advantage of the split.

Such a one-state victory would be truly unprecedented in American politics.

I get why a guy like McMullin jumped into the race; there is a void. The problem he faces, other than the obvious time constraints for getting in way too late, is that the Neither-Nors such as myself needed desperately to unite behind one candidate to best concentrate our vote into the biggest bloc possible. Before McMullin got into the race, there was enough Neither-Nor united behind Johnson to put the state in play for him; now that 20+% or so is split between the two of them (last I checked McMullin's at 12 and Johnson around 10), which, barring a miracle, does the exact opposite of what McMullin was trying to do—it secures electoral votes FOR Trump.

So now Utahns in the Neither-Nor camp face the need to shift their allegiance to a candidate who can't win in the traditional sense to have a chance to throw a wrench into the election and prevent Trump and Hillary from reaching the White House.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2016, 03:19:17 am »
McMullin has ties to Al Qaeda and the Muslim Brotherhood, his area of 'expertise'.

Well up until this post I would have taken you seriously but this is stupid.

Glen Beck interview with Evan McMullin

http://www.glennbeck.com/2016/08/11/part-1-glenn-talks-with-independent-presidential-candidate-evan-mcmullin/
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2016, 03:20:36 am »
McMullin has one extremely narrow path to victory:

1. Win Utah.
2. Hope Gary Johnson wins no more than one state with fewer electoral votes than Utah. The best case scenario for McMullin is he wins Utah (6 EV) and Johnson New Mexico (5 EV), taking 11 electoral votes off the map for Clinton and Trump.
3. Hope that neither Clinton nor Trump get 270 electoral votes. This would send the election to the House, where the top 3 Electoral College vote-getters (Clinton, Trump, McMullin under this scenario) would be the House's three choices.
4. Hope that a Republican Congress, cognizant of the danger of a Trump Presidency, loyal to McMullin for his service to the chamber and understanding that his late entry into the race prevented people from having the option of voting for him, unites fully behind him—or at least have few enough Trump votes so that the Democrats can't vote as a bloc for Hillary and take advantage of the split.

Such a one-state victory would be truly unprecedented in American politics.

I get why a guy like McMullin jumped into the race; there is a void. The problem he faces, other than the obvious time constraints for getting in way too late, is that the Neither-Nors such as myself needed desperately to unite behind one candidate to best concentrate our vote into the biggest bloc possible. Before McMullin got into the race, there was enough Neither-Nor united behind Johnson to put the state in play for him; now that 20+% or so is split between the two of them (last I checked McMullin's at 12 and Johnson around 10), which, barring a miracle, does the exact opposite of what McMullin was trying to do—it secures electoral votes FOR Trump.

So now Utahns in the Neither-Nor camp face the need to shift their allegiance to a candidate who can't win in the traditional sense to have a chance to throw a wrench into the election and prevent Trump and Hillary from reaching the White House.

Good information.  I think as long as he is registered for write in on a ballot the vote counts right?

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2016, 03:26:19 am »
I heard this guy on radio a couple times. He couldn't save money with a coupon he is so lackluster.

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2016, 04:35:19 am »
I heard this guy on radio a couple times. He couldn't save money with a coupon he is so lackluster.

What did he say?  For me it is either Castle or McMullin.  The other two I couldn't be paid to vote for.

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2016, 07:10:46 am »

I'd rather have a guy who lacks luster than a gilt clown.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Longmire

« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2016, 04:16:12 pm »
@Chosen Daughter

Just so we're clear...McMullin's area of expertise is counter terrorism, he spent a dozen years in the CIA, and he most recently was one of the people directing logistics, operations support, funding, and weapons to Muslim Brotherhood and Al Qaeda extremists under the guise they are "moderate" islamist rebels.

The most recent development in the ongoing effort McMullin helped direct are the transfer of shoulder mounted missile launchers (ManPads), most likely transferred from Libya, to these extremists. Where these weapons capable of bringing down commercial aircraft wind up is anyone's guess.

McMullin and his cohorts should be behind bars for treason alongside his good friend Sec. Clinton, not running as a sanctioned Plan Z candidate in a desperate attempt to thwart the will of 'we the people'.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2016, 03:51:38 pm »
Good information.  I think as long as he is registered for write in on a ballot the vote counts right?
That's correct.

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #11 on: October 03, 2016, 04:54:26 pm »

McMullin was dead to me when I learned that Rick Wilson is a prominent advisor to his campaign.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #12 on: October 03, 2016, 05:24:05 pm »

A lot of people don't understand the electoral college (don't take offense to that, nothing personal).  A candidate does not need to be on the ballots in all 50 states to be competitive.

All the third parties need to do is keep the two major party candidates from reaching 270 EVs.

If no candidate reaches 270 electoral votes, the race is decided by the House of Representatives for president and Senate for VP. The House makes their choice based on the top 3 EV winners (in contention). But it gets even more interesting if the House fails to come to a unanimous decision, then the President is the VP selected by Senate..

Considering how closely divided this country is, that could be easy.  Remember Bush v Gore; Bush won, 271 to 266 electoral votes. Only two EV's shifting to a (or multiple) third party candidates could have meant that neither major party candidate would win outright, it would go to the House.  In the Bush v Gore case, a third party only getting on the ballot in ONE state could have theoretically made them competitive. (direct example, if Trump and Hillary split as closely as Bush v Gore, BUT Gary Johnson wins Utah (he is within the margin of error for the lead there), that would prevent Trump or Hillary from getting the 270 EVs).

This is like a big red reset button.

This is also not unheard of. This has happened twice before in our history, so out of 44 presidents, those aren't bad odds. Especially in a  year like this.

So no, a third party vote is not a wasted vote.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #13 on: October 03, 2016, 05:35:25 pm »
When the third party candidates - all of them - pretty much are morons, yeah, it is. This may be the one true "none of the above" election in history.

Don't forget to vote for all the down ticket offices, though.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Doug Loss

• Proud Tennessean
« Reply #14 on: October 03, 2016, 08:49:25 pm »
A lot of people don't understand the electoral college (don't take offense to that, nothing personal).  A candidate does not need to be on the ballots in all 50 states to be competitive.

All the third parties need to do is keep the two major party candidates from reaching 270 EVs.

If no candidate reaches 270 electoral votes, the race is decided by the House of Representatives for president and Senate for VP. The House makes their choice based on the top 3 EV winners (in contention). But it gets even more interesting if the House fails to come to a unanimous decision, then the President is the VP selected by Senate..

Considering how closely divided this country is, that could be easy.  Remember Bush v Gore; Bush won, 271 to 266 electoral votes. Only two EV's shifting to a (or multiple) third party candidates could have meant that neither major party candidate would win outright, it would go to the House.  In the Bush v Gore case, a third party only getting on the ballot in ONE state could have theoretically made them competitive. (direct example, if Trump and Hillary split as closely as Bush v Gore, BUT Gary Johnson wins Utah (he is within the margin of error for the lead there), that would prevent Trump or Hillary from getting the 270 EVs).

This is like a big red reset button.

This is also not unheard of. This has happened twice before in our history, so out of 44 presidents, those aren't bad odds. Especially in a  year like this.

More than that even.  If the presidential race is thrown to the House, the vote there is by states, with each state having one vote, decided by the majority of the state delegation.
My political philosophy:

1) I'm not bothering anybody.
2) It's none of your business.
3) Leave me alone!

Online Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #15 on: October 03, 2016, 09:16:33 pm »
Hey if this guy doesn't work out I have an old tarp sitting in my backyard that can run too! Oh and save us from Trump/Clinton!

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #16 on: October 03, 2016, 09:49:26 pm »
Hey if this guy doesn't work out I have an old tarp sitting in my backyard that can run too! Oh and save us from Trump/Clinton!
Can my Slightly Bruised Rutabaga be its running mate?

TARP/RUTABAGA 2016
It won't do anything, but that's the best part
« Last Edit: October 03, 2016, 09:50:10 pm by jmyrlefuller »

Wingnut

« Reply #17 on: October 03, 2016, 10:03:53 pm »
Can my Slightly Bruised Rutabaga be its running mate?

TARP/RUTABAGA 2016
It won't do anything, but that's the best part

The Turnip Truck Ticket. 
Jump on but don't fall off

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #18 on: October 03, 2016, 10:17:51 pm »
But it gets even more interesting if the House fails to come to a unanimous decision, then the President is the VP selected by Senate.

Huh?
No "unanimous" about it...it's just if they don't decide by inauguration day.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline libertybele

« Reply #19 on: October 03, 2016, 10:22:46 pm »

Yes.  If he registered and 'qualified' as a write-on on the ballot in a particular state the vote would be counted.  However, he missed most of the deadlines.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #20 on: October 03, 2016, 10:29:38 pm »
When the third party candidates - all of them - pretty much are morons, yeah, it is. This may be the one true "none of the above" election in history.

Don't forget to vote for all the down ticket offices, though.
I've openly admitted my vote is going to be a wrench vote—the one most likely to, with enough help, wreak havoc on the system that gave us Trump vs. Clinton in the first place. It probably won't work, but it's worth trying.

Online corbe

« Reply #21 on: October 04, 2016, 01:00:45 am »
Evan McMullin on Deace at 10:20 Eastern.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #22 on: October 04, 2016, 01:05:43 am »
@Chosen Daughter

Just so we're clear...McMullin's area of expertise is counter terrorism, he spent a dozen years in the CIA, and he most recently was one of the people directing logistics, operations support, funding, and weapons to Muslim Brotherhood and Al Qaeda extremists under the guise they are "moderate" islamist rebels.

The most recent development in the ongoing effort McMullin helped direct are the transfer of shoulder mounted missile launchers (ManPads), most likely transferred from Libya, to these extremists. Where these weapons capable of bringing down commercial aircraft wind up is anyone's guess.

McMullin and his cohorts should be behind bars for treason alongside his good friend Sec. Clinton, not running as a sanctioned Plan Z candidate in a desperate attempt to thwart the will of 'we the people'.

And you know this to be true how?

Offline montanajoe

« Reply #23 on: October 04, 2016, 01:26:37 am »
I see he's qualified up here in Montana as a write-in.

The absentee ballots go out in a week and I'll be writing him in. I had considered Johnson, as he is actually on the ballot, but he is just to liberal for me. Voting for McMullin actually gives me an opportunity to vote FOR a candidate this election cycle and I'm going to take it...
« Last Edit: October 04, 2016, 01:28:23 am by montanajoe »

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #24 on: October 04, 2016, 01:28:27 am »
@Chosen Daughter

Where did you get this?  From StormFront? 

Back this up or shut the hell up.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.