Author Topic: Post-debate polls show Trump slump  (Read 2974 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Post-debate polls show Trump slump
« on: October 01, 2016, 02:46:03 pm »
 Post-debate polls show Trump slump

Clinton’s bounce appears to have staked the Democratic nominee to a low-to-mid-single-digit advantage nationally.

By Steven Shepard

09/30/16 08:18 PM EDT

Donald Trump is sliding in the initial polls conducted after his poor performance this week in the first presidential debate, falling behind Hillary Clinton nationally and in key battleground states after he had closed the gap over the past six weeks.

Clinton has expanded her national lead in the first spate of post-debate polls conducted in the days following Monday’s debate on Long Island. And a series of swing-state polls released over the past 24 hours also shows Clinton ahead, with Trump’s numbers slipping in some of the states.

Clinton’s post-debate bounce — or Trump’s slump — appears to have staked the Democratic nominee to a low-to-mid-single-digit advantage nationally. Most prominently, a Fox News poll released Friday night showed Clinton three points ahead of Trump.

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/09/donald-trump-hillary-clinton-post-debate-polls-228984
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline montanajoe

Re: Post-debate polls show Trump slump
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2016, 02:51:04 pm »
This can't be right, just the other day I read on TOS that he was ahead yuge on all the on line polls they Freeped :shrug:
« Last Edit: October 01, 2016, 05:14:15 pm by montanajoe »

Offline LMAO

« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2016, 03:08:56 pm »
Losing a debate does not translate into an election loss.

But what you do after losing that debate can.
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Longmire

« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2016, 05:00:39 pm »
Media moderators...

Media polls...

Media reports...

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2016, 05:02:10 pm »
Media moderators...

Media polls...

Media reports...

And Donald tweets

Donald tweets

Donald tweets
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Online ScottinVA

« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2016, 05:58:49 pm »
Losing a debate does not translate into an election loss.

But what you do after losing that debate can.

Yep.. Such as obsessively tweeting insults through the night.  Every time Trump starts to give me some modicum of hope that he's morphing into a serious candidate, he falls back into this tit-for-tat routine.

Offline Eowyn

• Don't blame me, I voted for Ted Cruz.
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2016, 06:04:08 pm »
Yep.. Such as obsessively tweeting insults through the night.  Every time Trump starts to give me some modicum of hope that he's morphing into a serious candidate, he falls back into this tit-for-tat routine.

Yep.  It has me back to wondering if he even really wants to win. 

Offline kjam22

« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2016, 06:12:45 pm »
Yep.  It has me back to wondering if he even really wants to win. 

He wants to win..... he's just insane.  He's a narcissistic moron.  I mean look at his deposition that they have released to the public now.  And I have given dozens of depositions when I represented an oil and gas company.  EVERYBODY knows you answer yes and no during a deposition.  That's it.  But the narcissist Trumpy rambles on and on during a deposition.  He is a complete moron.
America needs God's forgiveness....... Even if Donald Trump doesn't think he does.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2016, 06:26:13 pm »

I know exactly what you mean...what a depressing week this has been...
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline kjam22

« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2016, 06:39:42 pm »
I know exactly what you mean...what a depressing week this has been...

Many of us knew during the primary that this was exactly as it would play out.   He'll lose by double digits before this is over.... and will get crush in the electoral college. 
America needs God's forgiveness....... Even if Donald Trump doesn't think he does.

Offline Longmire

« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2016, 07:31:22 pm »
When #nevertrump gets up in the morning they slip into their Clinton cheer squad outfits before making coffee  :laugh:

Wingnut

« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2016, 09:07:19 pm »
When #nevertrump gets up in the morning they slip into their Clinton cheer squad outfits before making coffee  :laugh:

Like this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hdq3dw99zus

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #12 on: October 01, 2016, 09:12:42 pm »

Donald J. TrumpVerified account
‏@realDonaldTrump
I won the debate if you decide without watching the totally one-sided "spin" that followed. This despite the really bad microphone.

Agree. The only problem was the first part, where you wasted time making a case against Hillary. Stick to the birther stuff & Miss Universe.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #13 on: October 01, 2016, 10:10:04 pm »

Someone trying to berate others for their supposed Hillary support would have some credibility if they were not proudly backing the guy that gave her money and called her a great Sec of State.

But you go right ahead of making a fool of yourself because I love watching people too stupid to realize the hypocricy of their actions. It's like a car werck you can't look away from.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #14 on: October 01, 2016, 10:12:43 pm »
From FoxNews this afternoon:

Fox' bias is evident.  You don't "gain ground" on the guy who's "behind" you.

Offline Longmire

« Reply #15 on: October 01, 2016, 10:17:15 pm »
@Norm Lenhart Forgot to take your medicine again Norma?

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #16 on: October 01, 2016, 10:29:28 pm »
@Norm Lenhart Forgot to take your medicine again Norma?

No need for meds here. You however, might want to ask your doctor if thorazine is right for you. If I remember my old med cert studies correctly it's proven effective for those with irrational outbursts. And you certainly display those regularly.

When you accuse others of what you're doing, then that's irrational.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #17 on: October 01, 2016, 10:38:59 pm »

Your boy wreaks of failure and you are going to blame people who Donny says he doesn't nee to win. Total nonsense.

Offline Vulcan

« Reply #18 on: October 01, 2016, 10:40:35 pm »
Someone trying to berate others for their supposed Hillary support would have some credibility if they were not proudly backing the guy that gave her money and called her a great Sec of State.

But you go right ahead of making a fool of yourself because I love watching people too stupid to realize the hypocricy of their actions. It's like a car werck you can't look away from.

@Norm Lenhart

Right you are Norm. 

In the mind of a Trump supporter, if a conservative doesn't support lifelong New York liberal Donald Trump it couldn't be because he is too liberal, it must be because said conservative supports the other liberal Hillary Clinton.

They apparently don't realize how stupid that makes them sound.  So be it.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #19 on: October 01, 2016, 10:50:09 pm »

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #20 on: October 01, 2016, 10:51:22 pm »
@Norm Lenhart

Right you are Norm. 

In the mind of a Trump supporter, if a conservative doesn't support lifelong New York liberal Donald Trump it couldn't be because he is too liberal, it must be because said conservative supports the other liberal Hillary Clinton.

They apparently don't realize how stupid that makes them sound.  So be it.

I hope the families of Trump supporters have access to good divorce attorneys and psychological counseling. Because no one should be forced to live with or suffer under, people disconnected from reality.  More importantly I hope they avail themselves of it.

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #21 on: October 01, 2016, 10:53:32 pm »
Like this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hdq3dw99zus

That was very well done and illustrates it perfectly.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #22 on: October 01, 2016, 11:04:58 pm »
This can't be right, just the other day I read on TOS that he was ahead yuge on all the on line polls they Freeped :shrug:
A number of the Trumpsters on TOS are really starting to question Trump's uh...strategy...such as it is. The wouldbe heretics (merely just questioning Trump's debate and post-debate actions) are immediately set upon by the worst Trumpsuckers as being TRAITORS!!! and HILLARYLOVERS!!! and threatened with banishment.
No denial that His Orangeness is not THE GREATEST GENIUS WHO EVER LIVED!!! can be allowed.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2016, 04:12:34 pm by goatprairie »

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #23 on: October 01, 2016, 11:24:10 pm »
are immediately set upon by the worst Trumpsuckers as being TRAITORS!!! and HILLARYLOVERS!!!

Standard behavior for a small faction here too. Not a day passes that the poor triggered snowflakes arent incoherently screaming about hillary supporters while backing the guy that gave her money, calling her a great Sec of State etc.
Projection at best. Reality aversion at worst. Hypocrisy either way.

Offline Longmire

« Reply #24 on: October 02, 2016, 12:07:14 am »

Kinda like someone who spends hours calling Trump the biggest liar on the planet..but when he says something they want to use against him, he's suddenly la bocca della verita.

Which is it Norma?  :shrug: