Author Topic: Resistance is Not Futile  (Read 870 times)

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Resistance is Not Futile
« on: September 30, 2016, 10:09:47 pm »
The Borg are the best villain to come out of Star Trek: The Next Generation. Even people that didn't watch the show know the name. The Borg assimilate the uniqueness of others into their collective, in order to achieve their own view of perfection. Resistance is futile, they say.

The Borg have become part of our cultural language, a shorthand for a variety of complex ideas that generally can be summed up in the notion of being assimilated; forced into compliance and conformity through some type of pressure or force. There is no doubt that the Trump campaign is 2016's "The Borg." ....

http://www.redstate.com/absentee/2016/09/30/resistance-futile/

geronl

Re: Resistance is Not Futile
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2016, 10:24:08 pm »
They won't assimilate me into the Orange Collective

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2016, 10:42:02 pm »
In other news tomorrow is international coffee day.

[attachment deleted by admin]
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

Offline skeeter

« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2016, 10:50:10 pm »
In this case I want to be assimilated but the Borg keeps repelling me.

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2016, 10:58:34 pm »
Great article. I thought this paragraph really hit at a good point.

"That truth does matter to me. I'm not going to say "Trump is a good choice for President" when I know very well that he isn't. And I'm certainly not going to pretend that he doesn't say the things he says, do the things he does, or believe the things he believes. Not every Trump voter lies for him. But a lot do. And those principled Trump voters who do not lie for him also don't spend their time attacking fellow conservatives who have not converted. They focus on Hillary, not #NeverTrump. Think about that."
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

Offline r9etb

« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2016, 11:16:34 pm »
Great article. I thought this paragraph really hit at a good point.

They focus on Hillary, not #NeverTrump. Think about that."

That is a good point.  A lot of Trump supporters are a lot like Trump himself, in fact.... picking needless fights that suck all of the attention away from the necessary fights.

This is how a Trump presidency would look.  Disgusting.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2016, 11:16:58 pm by r9etb »

HonestJohn

« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2016, 12:21:54 am »