Author Topic: Clinton proposes 5 million-member ‘national service reserve’ project  (Read 713 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 By Ben Wolfgang - The Washington Times - Friday, September 30, 2016

Pledging to make public service a hallmark of her would-be administration, Democrat Hillary Clinton proposed Friday a 5 million-member “national service reserve” project that would train Americans to respond to natural disasters, health emergencies and other crises.

The program, Mrs. Clinton said, would allow citizens to continue working in their full-time jobs but essentially would put them on call if state or local governments need more bodies.

“If you join the national service reserve, you will receive some basic training, just like you would in the military reserves. And then when your city or state needs you, you’ll get the call,” Mrs. Clinton said at a rally in Florida. “Say a natural disaster strikes and the Red Cross needs all hands on deck, or maybe like the water crisis in Flint [Michigan], and clean water has to be distributed every day to a lot of families. Or maybe your city launches a major public health campaign to reduce drug abuse or promote mental health. You will then be sent into action.”

Mrs. Clinton did not talk about how much it would cost to establish and run such a program, nor did she say where the money would come from. She said her goal would be to have 5 million members spread across all 50 states.
more
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2016/sep/30/hillary-clinton-proposes-national-service-reserve/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Night Hides Not

Re: Clinton proposes 5 million-member ‘national service reserve’ project
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2016, 06:50:50 pm »
I would say it's already known as a combination of "Black Lives Matter" and "Occupy Wall Street".

No doubt, Millenials will flock to such a program, especially if their student loan debt is written off by participating in this "organization."

ETA: I loved the reference to "other crises"...  :silly:

Just think of the new government jobs needed for a 5 million strong "national service reserve".
« Last Edit: September 30, 2016, 06:52:52 pm by Night Hides Not »
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline unknown

« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2016, 08:46:38 pm »

So now we know how she plans to take away the citizens guns - using citizens against citizens.

Train up her liberal brownshirts, teach them how to shoot, then let them go. Obama was proposing the same thing.

The PURGE!

All Christians must go to jail!

Hillary can hardly wait...

Hillary Clinton: Christians In America Must Deny Their Faith In Christianity, Adhere To New Liberal Laws
http://www.jewsnews.co.il/2016/07/24/hillary-clinton-christians-in-america-must-deny-their-faith-in-christianity-adhere-to-new-liberal-laws.html

Laws have to be backed up with resources and political will. And deep-seated cultural codes, religious beliefs and structural biases have to be changed.

I won't be here after the election and vote.

If Hillary wins - I will be busy, BLOAT! (It won't be long before she won't let you buy.)

If Trump wins, I won't be here to GLOAT. (I don't want to hang around while everyone looks at every speck in his eye.)

geronl

« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2016, 08:48:41 pm »
Trump and Hillary are trying to outspend each other

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2016, 08:52:10 pm »
A 5-million-member force put through military basic training. She'd have to activate the draft to fill all those spots. (Remember: Selective Service can be activated in war or peace.)
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline unknown

« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2016, 08:56:43 pm »
A 5-million-member force put through military basic training. She'd have to activate the draft to fill all those spots. (Remember: Selective Service can be activated in war or peace.)

You are assuming that she uses the normal procedures.

Obama was proposing something completely and radically different than the military. Hillary is more than likely proposing something other than the military. Something that she would have complete control over.

I won't be here after the election and vote.

If Hillary wins - I will be busy, BLOAT! (It won't be long before she won't let you buy.)

If Trump wins, I won't be here to GLOAT. (I don't want to hang around while everyone looks at every speck in his eye.)