Author Topic: The Orthodox Vote for Trump  (Read 1878 times)

Offline unknown

The Orthodox Vote for Trump
« on: September 30, 2016, 04:16:42 am »

Why Donald Trump—despite his unsettling, nativist rhetoric and policies—is likely to gather a majority of the Orthodox Jewish vote

http://www.tabletmag.com/scroll/214696/the-orthodox-vote-for-trump

Armin Rosen
September 27, 2016

Donald Trump is a malevolent figure for many American Jews. The Republican candidate’s allegedly anti-Semitic cast of supporters, coupled with his nativist rhetoric and policies have seemingly unsettled the country’s cosmopolitan, left-leaning Jewish community. But at least one group of Jews will still vote for him in sizable numbers and, if history is any guide, a disproportionate number of Jewish voters for Trump are likely to be Orthodox, a sizable constituency that does not appear to share their coreligionists’ sense of anxiety or horror at the possibility of a Trump presidency.

.. snip ..

I won't be here after the election and vote.

If Hillary wins - I will be busy, BLOAT! (It won't be long before she won't let you buy.)

If Trump wins, I won't be here to GLOAT. (I don't want to hang around while everyone looks at every speck in his eye.)

Offline Norm Lenhart

Re: The Orthodox Vote for Trump
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2016, 04:20:21 am »

Why Donald Trump—despite his unsettling, nativist rhetoric and policies—is likely to gather a majority of the Orthodox Jewish vote

Armin Rosen
September 27, 2016

Donald Trump is a malevolent figure for many American Jews. The Republican candidate’s allegedly anti-Semitic cast of supporters, coupled with his nativist rhetoric and policies have seemingly unsettled the country’s cosmopolitan, left-leaning Jewish community. But at least one group of Jews will still vote for him in sizable numbers and, if history is any guide, a disproportionate number of Jewish voters for Trump are likely to be Orthodox, a sizable constituency that does not appear to share their coreligionists’ sense of anxiety or horror at the possibility of a Trump presidency.

.. snip ..

On the other hand the Orthodox Jews probably arent cutting lines to get on any train the Alt Right has parked at the station. So this is a lot of wishful thinking on the part of the author.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2016, 04:22:52 am »
On the other hand the Orthodox Jews probably arent cutting lines to get on any train the Alt Right has parked at the station. So this is a lot of wishful thinking on the part of the author.

Are you Jewish? What is your expertise in this? 

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2016, 04:24:19 am »
Are you Jewish? What is your expertise in this?

About 40 years of studying history. Try it sometime. You'll be less apt to support liars.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2016, 04:24:56 am »

Really? Didn't know the election happened. Plus if this is true, there are a whole bunch of hard core Trumpettes that will sit home.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2016, 04:25:50 am »
One of the other articles posted is saying they are trying to find a lot of Jewish Americans in Israel to make sure they will vote and they are voting for Trump, 30,000; Daniel Greenfield or one of the Jewish writers; but fear not, some snowflake is going to conjure up some bogeyman to defend their queen Hillary.

« Last Edit: September 30, 2016, 04:29:29 am by TomSea »

Offline TomSea

« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2016, 04:26:32 am »
About 40 years of studying history. Try it sometime. You'll be less apt to support liars.
i asked a simple question, are you Jewish? That's a yes or no question.

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2016, 04:28:13 am »
One of the other articles posted is saying they are trying to find a lot of Jewish Americans in Israel to make sure they will vote and they are voting for Trump; Daniel Greenfield or one of the Jewish writers; but fear not, some snowflake is going to conjure up some bogeyman to defend their queen Hillary.

I'd say someone did. Trump defended her spectacularly at the debate. Made sure to not attack her on everything we were promised he was going to bury her on.Too bad you want him elected.

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2016, 04:29:22 am »
i asked a simple question, are you Jewish? That's a yes or no question.

Having reread your post I don't see that question posed. Nor does it matter. History isn't a matter of faith. It's a matter of fact.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2016, 04:33:07 am »
Having reread your post I don't see that question posed. Nor does it matter. History isn't a matter of faith. It's a matter of fact.

Well, what's the fact? So what about the Alt-Right; are you saying they are Nazis for your comparison with Jews? Well, that's a joke, that is scare mongering.

Fact is, many Blacks, Jews, Hispanics support Trump, but apparently some people know better than they do.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2016, 04:36:07 am »
I'd say someone did. Trump defended her spectacularly at the debate. Made sure to not attack her on everything we were promised he was going to bury her on.Too bad you want him elected.

So, what are we saying? That one supported Romney because he won the first debate?

I support the GOP; I'm not at the GOP Briefing Room with a picture of Reagan at the top to desert the party, election after election.

Reagan signed abortion into law. Goldwater supported abortion.

I hope we find these perfect conservatives; and not conservatives that are just talk but that have concrete accomplishments as well.

Let's see, the Republican ticket has the most accomplished pro-lifer ever on the ticket in Mike Pence.

I'd say it's sad for those who turn their back on the unborn.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2016, 04:37:22 am »

He wants to know so he can start compiling the list.

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #12 on: September 30, 2016, 04:37:56 am »
Well, what's the fact? So what about the Alt-Right; are you saying they are Nazis for your comparison with Jews? Well, that's a joke, that is scare mongering.

Fact is, many Blacks, Jews, Hispanics support Trump, but apparently some people know better than they do.

Its a fact that Jews that took the word of people like the alt right ended up piles of ash. History is what it is. don't blame me.

But for the record, No, I'm not Jewish. I'm Christian. GERMAN in fact. So if you tell me that you are Jewish this is gonna be the ultimate irony. A person of German heritage speaking in defense of people of Jewish heratige against anti-semitic groups while being asked for papers by a Kapo.

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #13 on: September 30, 2016, 04:41:16 am »
So, what are we saying? That one supported Romney because he won the first debate?

I support the GOP; I'm not at the GOP Briefing Room with a picture of Reagan at the top to desert the party, election after election.

Reagan signed abortion into law. Goldwater supported abortion.

I hope we find these perfect conservatives; and not conservatives that are just talk but that have concrete accomplishments as well.

Let's see, the Republican ticket has the most accomplished pro-lifer ever on the ticket in Mike Pence.

I'd say it's sad for those who turn their back on the unborn.

Reagan called it the worst mistake he ever made.

You left that part out.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #14 on: September 30, 2016, 04:41:36 am »

Armin Rosen
September 27, 2016

.. snip ..

Right, there are 30,000 Americans in Israel or something and they are trying to get them signed up.
JERUSALEM — Most Israeli Jews would prefer Hillary Clinton over Donald Trump as the next president of the United States — even though more of them think Trump would be better for the “Israeli government’s policy.”
http://www.jpost.com/US-Elections/Israeli-Jews-prefer-Clinton-but-say-Trump-is-better-for-Israel-policy-467186

And those are of all Jews and Israel may be liberal to an extent and we know American Jews are too. 

The Orthodox may well prefer Trump over Clinton and this is what this is about.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #15 on: September 30, 2016, 04:46:22 am »
Right, there are 30,000 Americans in Israel or something and they are trying to get them signed up.
And those are of all Jews and Israel may be liberal to an extent and we know American Jews are too. 

The Orthodox may well prefer Trump over Clinton and this is what this is about.

Who gives a shit. Bottom line is that your boy Donny is way behind the eight ball with those voters. Here's an article from your racist/bigot friends a Trumpbart....

85% of Israel's American Jewish Voters Pick Romney

http://www.breitbart.com/national-security/2012/11/01/american-jews-living-in-israel-go-huge-for-romney/

Offline TomSea

« Reply #16 on: September 30, 2016, 04:51:46 am »

A recent poll shows that the Orthodox in Florida will be voting for Donald Trump over Hillary Clinton by a 3-to-1 margin, 66 to 22 percent. According to the poll, which was commissioned by the pro-Democratic Schlep Labs PAC, the state’s Jews as a whole swing the other direction, preferring Clinton, the Democrat, over the Republican Trump by nearly the same margin, 66 to 23 percent. Six percent of Florida’s Jews are Orthodox, according to the poll.

But if Orthodox voters are pulling for Trump, it isn’t necessarily because they like him. It’s because they disdain Clinton and see Trump as the lesser of two evils.

http://www.jta.org/2016/08/30/election-2016/why-do-floridas-orthodox-jews-support-trump-because-they-fear-clinton

August 30.

So, Clinton will likely make controversial figure Huma Abedin the Secretary of State. That'll be great for Orthodox Jews.  Plenty to read up on her about.