Author Topic: USA Today’s Editorial Board Has Never Endorsed. But For the First Time, They’ve ANTI-Endorsed. Guess Who?  (Read 3565 times)

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
USA Today’s Editorial Board Has Never Endorsed. But For the First Time, They’ve ANTI-Endorsed. Guess Who?

Posted at 8:02 pm on September 29, 2016 by Caleb Howe

It's a year for firsts. First time the two major party candidates have both been this unpopular and disliked. The first time a GOP candidate with Democrat values has spent most of the campaign mocking the appearance, disability, or family members of opponents. The first time millions have agreed to pretend that multiple criminal and negligent acts relating to our very national security is just no big deal. And now, it's the first time in their 34 years that the USA Today editorial board has anti-endorsed someone for president.

In an editorial titled "Trump unfit to lead," the board, which despite every hysterical reaction you'll hear from the Trump boosters tonight, is a mix of both conservatives and liberals, blasts Donald Trump and urges people to "resist the siren song of a dangerous demagogue."

Here's an excerpt:

This year, the choice isn’t between two capable major party nominees who happen to have significant ideological differences. This year, one of the candidates — Republican nominee Donald Trump — is, by unanimous consensus of the Editorial Board, unfit for the presidency.

From the day he declared his candidacy 15 months ago through this week’s first presidential debate, Trump has demonstrated repeatedly that he lacks the temperament, knowledge, steadiness and honesty that America needs from its presidents.

Whether through indifference or ignorance, Trump has betrayed fundamental commitments made by all presidents since the end of World War II. These commitments include unwavering support for NATO allies, steadfast opposition to Russian aggression, and the absolute certainty that the United States will make good on its debts. He has expressed troubling admiration for authoritarian leaders and scant regard for constitutional protections.

http://www.redstate.com/absentee/2016/09/29/usa-todays-editorial-board-never-endorsed-now-first-time-theyve-anti-endorsed/
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Norm Lenhart

AS an ex journo I will tell you without reservation that there is no such animal as a conservative on the editorial  board of a newspaper. So while I don't disagree with their conclusion in this instance, keep in mind that they are doing this out of alliance to liberalism, not America.

Edit: To add/Clarify...THEIR BRAND of liberalism.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2016, 01:34:07 am by Norm Lenhart »

Oceander

AS an ex journo I will tell you without reservation that there is no such animal as a conservative on the editorial  board of a newspaper. So while I don't disagree with their conclusion in this instance, keep in mind that they are doing this out of alliance to liberalism, not America.

The WSJ comes close.

Offline Norm Lenhart

The WSJ comes close.

Close counts in horseshoes and hand grenades. But there still isn't a conservative on that board either.

Offline libertybele

Great article.  I still at times find myself in disbelief that either Clinton or Trump will be our next president.  For the longest time I looked forward to Hussein giving up his thrown and stepping down. Now I dread election day; Clinton and Trump both scare me even more than Hussein. 
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline corbe

This will leave a Mark.   

Expect the 'Those losers over at USA Today, Bankrupt, worthless, They're not winners like ME.

He said I'd get tired of Winning, he was right about that.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Norm Lenhart

Actually, Trump is unfit for office.   He is liberal enough that they might love him were it not for his mental problems.

Oh absolutely. He is unfit by every possible metric. But he's not their brand of liberal because he spoke words that they don't like this election cycle even if he doesn't believe them. Every liberal has mental problems and they always vote for people with mental problems. But they gotta be ones that suit the current truth.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

You are promoting, allowing and facilitating the election of woman with a lifetime history of corruption, fraud and treason. Whatever the hell your ultimate anti-America goal is, I pray to God you lose.

Here's your sign @ChosenDaughter.  Wear it proudly.

Offline Norm Lenhart

You are promoting, allowing and facilitating the election of woman with a lifetime history of corruption, fraud and treason. Whatever the hell your ultimate anti-America goal is, I pray to God you lose.

Many people on the left believe many incorrect things. You support a lifetime liberal. Using Reagan's picture is pretty disgusting to promote a lifetime liberal.

Thats just the way it is.

geronl

At least they get it right.

Trump is the lowest form of scum on Earth.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
   This will leave a Mark.   

Expect the 'Those losers over at USA Today, Bankrupt, worthless, They're not winners like ME.

He said I'd get tired of Winning, he was right about that.

Yep.  I find I a pretty fair assessment.  Its a factual piece so I don't know how liberalism comes into play but here it the direct link to the story.  They also have a response from Mike Pence.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/opinion/2016/09/29/dont-vote-for-donald-trump-editorial-board-editorials-debates/91295020/
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline musiclady

I think it is a three way tie.  I was counting down the days until Obama left office, but now what's the use?  It's all bad.

You and me both, RAT Patrol.  What should have been a day of great rejoicing........ the day that Obama left office........ is now going to be a day of greater doom and gloom than I have felt since he was first elected....... or perhaps ever.

America is over with either the clown or the criminal.

There is very little hope left....... and that is thanks to the Trump Cult that forced a leftist on us, leaving us without a Republican to vote for.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline sinkspur

You realize, don't you, that the reason Hillary gets away with all her stuff is that Trump gets away with all his stuff.  In fact, most voters view him more unfavorably than her.

Trump is going to lose and even you can see that coming.  He lost big on Monday, and he keeps the losing going with all his whining.   Trump did not come across as presidential.  He might be able to redeem himself in a townhall format, but fewer people will be watching, and he hasn't been very successful at those in the past.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline musiclady

Many people on the left believe many incorrect things. You support a lifetime liberal. Using Reagan's picture is pretty disgusting to promote a lifetime liberal.

Thats just the way it is.

I'm pretty sure the Trump brigade uses Reagan to hide the fact that they don't believe a SINGLE THING that Reagan believed in.

He is the cover for their leftwing political views that they've managed to hide for years.

You don't fall in love with a leftist unless you ARE a leftist.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Norm Lenhart

What should have been a day of great rejoicing........ the day that Obama left office........ is now going to be a day of greater doom and gloom than I have felt since he was first elected....... or perhaps ever.

Yea well you know. It's a lesser evil. No matter what. There's no downside to lesser evil you know. Especially now that evil controls the House, the Senate and the Executive. No downside whatsoever. And besides, it all appeared there by magic. No one elected these people. They just sprang into being.

So no one is to blame.

Magic...

Offline mountaineer

Not disputing what they say about Trump, but it's all equally true of Shrillery. We're so screwed.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Norm Lenhart

I'm pretty sure the Trump brigade uses Reagan to hide the fact that they don't believe a SINGLE THING that Reagan believed in.

He is the cover for their leftwing political views that they've managed to hide for years.

You don't fall in love with a leftist unless you ARE a leftist.

“But if thought corrupts language, language can also corrupt thought. A bad usage can spread by tradition and imitation even among people who should and do know better. The debased language that I have been discussing is in some ways very convenient. Phrases like a not unjustifiable assumption, leaves much to be desired, would serve no good purpose, a consideration which we should do well to bear in mind, are a continuous temptation, a packet of aspirins always at one's elbow.

Look back through this essay, and for certain you will find that I have again and again committed the very faults I am protesting against. By this morning's post I have received a pamphlet dealing with conditions in Germany. The author tells me that he "felt impelled" to write it. I open it at random, and here is almost the first sentence I see: "[The Allies] have an opportunity not only of achieving a radical transformation of Germany's social and political structure in such a way as to avoid a nationalistic reaction in Germany itself, but at the same time of laying the foundations of a co-operative and unified Europe."

You see, he "feels impelled" to write -- feels, presumably, that he has something new to say -- and yet his words, like cavalry horses answering the bugle, group themselves automatically into the familiar dreary pattern. This invasion of one's mind by ready-made phrases (lay the foundations, achieve a radical transformation) can only be prevented if one is constantly on guard against them, and every such phrase anaesthetizes a portion of one's brain.”
― George Orwell, Politics and the English Language

Offline libertybele

You and me both, RAT Patrol.  What should have been a day of great rejoicing........ the day that Obama left office........ is now going to be a day of greater doom and gloom than I have felt since he was first elected....... or perhaps ever.

America is over with either the clown or the criminal.

There is very little hope left....... and that is thanks to the Trump Cult that forced a leftist on us, leaving us without a Republican to vote for.

:amen:  At one point in time, I was counting down the days till Obama left office and couldn't wait till a conservative was placed ... we had 15 hopefuls that would have been far more acceptable than what we have. I don't fear so much for myself but for my children and grandchildren.  God help us!
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Frank Cannon

This will leave a Mark.   

Like hell. I don't know if you noticed, but everyone hates the MSM. So the newspaper you didn't want but gets jammed under your hotel door anyway hates Donny. This will actually give him more street cred.

Offline sinkspur

Mark Cuban ‏@mcuban  11m11 minutes ago
I love fox sitdowns w/ Trump.They trust his intellect and judgement so little they dont ask him questions.They give him answers #hilarious
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline ConstitutionRose

I love fox sitdowns w/ Trump.They trust his intellect and judgement so little they dont ask him questions.They give him answers #hilarious

Oh so sad but true.
"Old man can't is dead.  I helped bury him."  Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas quoting his grandfather.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter

The Trumpsters are the ones with anti-American goals.   It is only because of Trump's nomination that Clinton will be the next President.   Trump's the one opponent that vile, corrupt Hillary can defeat.

The next four years cannot be saved.  What can, perhaps, be saved is respectable conservatism.  To do that,  Trump and Trumpism must not just be defeated, but repudiated utterly.

Kudos to USA Today for taking an unprecedented stand against a man wholly unfit and dangerous.   

It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline Night Hides Not

Keep it up, Cubes!  A lot of your Mavericks fans are voting Trump...they may soon be ex-Mavericks fans.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline skeeter

You are promoting, allowing and facilitating the election of woman with a lifetime history of corruption, fraud and treason.

Your boy did a fine job of that Monday night.

A national platform, 90 minutes of prime time and hardly a single world about any of it.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2016, 01:22:16 pm by skeeter »

Offline corbe

Like hell. I don't know if you noticed, but everyone hates the MSM. So the newspaper you didn't want but gets jammed under your hotel door anyway hates Donny. This will actually give him more street cred.

@Frank Cannon

Should have been more specific, Frank:

That's gonna leave a Mark on his Psyche
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.