Author Topic: Reid: GOP treated Obama with 'unprecedented disrespect'  (Read 1834 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Reid: GOP treated Obama with 'unprecedented disrespect'
« on: September 29, 2016, 04:10:08 pm »
September 29, 2016, 11:01 am
Reid: GOP treated Obama with 'unprecedented disrespect'

By Jordain Carney

Senate Minority Leader Harry Reid (D-Nev.) blasted the GOP-controlled Senate on Thursday, saying Republicans have been focused on undercutting President Obama and boosting Donald Trump.

"I feel compelled to comment on how Republicans have treated the president of the United States during the last eight years," he said Thursday. "History will look back and note the Republicans in Congress treated President Obama with unprecedented disrespect."

Reid's comments come as the Senate is expected to leave town until November, giving the outgoing Democratic leader one last chance to knock Republicans from the Senate floor before the elections.

He added Thursday that GOP lawmakers "have not done their basic work of government."

"They have not stood by their commitments to restore regular order or to pass a budget. Republicans have spent their time doing everything in their power to discredit President Obama and empower Donald Trump," he said.

Democrats need to pick up five seats in November — four if they retain the White House — to take control of the Senate. With Republicans defending 24 seats — including a handful in purple states previously carried by President Obama — Reid has repeatedly rushed to link GOP lawmakers to Trump, their presidential nominee.

Reid on Thursday double down on his frequent insult that Trump is the Republicans' "Frankenstein monster."

"The only thing Republicans have done this year was to prove that they are the party of Trump. They are the party of Trump," he said. "They would have us believe that Trump just fell out of the sky and somehow mysteriously became the nominee of the party, but that's not the way it is."

http://thehill.com/blogs/floor-action/senate/298472-reid-gop-treated-obama-with-unprecedented-disrespect
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline cato potatoe

Re: Reid: GOP treated Obama with 'unprecedented disrespect'
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2016, 04:26:28 pm »
To be a successful politician, one must be utterly shameless.  Harry Reid has been in politics for 48 years.

If all else fails, we need to ensure his seat goes to a Republican.  He'll hate that worse than when the "exercise equipment" beat him to within an inch of his life.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2016, 04:38:12 pm »
To be a successful politician, one must be utterly shameless.  Harry Reid has been in politics for 48 years.

If all else fails, we need to ensure his seat goes to a Republican.  He'll hate that worse than when the "exercise equipment" beat him to within an inch of his life.

What else would anyone expect from a former mob bagman.

Harry Reid is a transparent clown the MSM treats as a serious public figure. Imagine what they could do to his image if they decided to apply a little of the snark they reserve for conservative politicians.

Offline rodamala

« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2016, 06:08:36 pm »

He'll hate that worse than when the "exercise equipment" beat him to within an inch of his life.

@cato potatoe

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2016, 06:15:08 pm »
0bama has treated Americans with unprecedented disrespect.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2016, 06:19:21 pm »
So I wonder what he says about all those fellow Democrat Senators who voted yesterday to override his veto?

No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2016, 06:21:31 pm »
Was dingy in a coma for the eight years he, his cohorts in both houses and every demonrat in America not only heaped the most vile disrespect for a President, from our first and to this very day, but weekly if not daily called for his assassination. Harry's tenure in Hell can not start soon enough.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2016, 11:04:07 pm »
Why treat anything from a Reid as legitimate?

Go on to destroying the time this idiot spent as a representative of anywhere in the USA
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2016, 11:05:59 pm »
Boo Frickin' Hoo!

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2016, 11:08:01 pm »
If you call butt kissing disrespect then okay.  Otherwise he's crazy.
I only wish the Republicans had treated him with disrespect.

Online LMAO

« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2016, 11:24:18 pm »
In politics, everyone believes "their guy/gal" is being treated worse than anyone else before them.

I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline corbe

« Reply #11 on: October 07, 2016, 12:00:51 am »
   Reid has 2 years less in the US Senate than McConnell (Elected '86 and '84, respectfully), If only McConnell would have 'jumped' back then with Jeffords or later Specter he wouldn't be the problem he is to us today.   A man can dream?

I found something that proves Trumpsters have done this before to the Republican Party.

Back in the 1890's (with a healthy dose of populism).

Silver Republican Party

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Silver Republican Party

Leader
Fred Dubois and Henry M. Teller

Founded

Dissolved

Split from
Republican Party

Merged into
Republican Party
Democratic Party (minority)

Political position
Fiscal: Left-wing
 Social: Centre

The Silver Republican Party was a United States political party in the 1890s. It was so named because it split from the Republican Party over the issues of "Free Silver" and bimetallism. The main Republican Party supported the gold standard.

Silver Republican strength was concentrated in the western states where mining, particularly silver mining, was an important industry. Silver Republicans were elected to the United States Congress from several western states.

In 1896 Silver Republicans supported Democratic presidential nominee William Jennings Bryan over William McKinley.

After 1900 the Silver Republican Party was on the decline. Most of its members rejoined the Republican Party. However some, such as United States Senator Fred Dubois of Idaho and former Secretary of the Interior Henry Moore Teller of Colorado, joined the Democratic Party.

Noted Silver Republicans[edit]
Frank J. Cannon - United States Senator from Utah @Frank Cannon
Fred Dubois - United States Senator from Idaho
Thomas Kearns - United States Senator from Utah
Lee Mantle - United States Senator from Montana
Richard F. Pettigrew - United States Senator from South Dakota
John F. Shafroth - United States Representative from Colorado, later Governor and Senator
William M. Stewart- United States Senator from Nevada
Henry Moore Teller - United States Senator and Secretary of the Interior from Colorado
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Silver_Republican_Party
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online libertybele

« Reply #12 on: October 07, 2016, 12:33:01 am »

:beer:  I will be extremely joyous when Reid retires.  He's been one of the biggest 'obstructionists' in Washington.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #13 on: October 07, 2016, 12:35:24 am »
No.  The liberals treated Reagan and W with more disrespect than the GOP treat Obama with.  Much more.  Most of the GOP act like they are on Obama's team.

Not only have they been on the team they have been the best players on the team!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #14 on: October 07, 2016, 12:39:21 am »
Precisely!  Yet Reid still whines.

He doesn't know how to do anything else!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien