Author Topic: Dem Rep.: Hyde Amendment Denies Women Their ‘Constitutional Right’ to Abortion  (Read 543 times)

rangerrebew

Dem Rep.: Hyde Amendment Denies Women Their ‘Constitutional Right’ to Abortion

(CNSNews.com) - Rep. Suzanne Bonamici (D-Ore.) says the Hyde Amendment “has been denying women their constitutional right to access safe and legal abortion” and has been used to deny abortion coverage to “Native Americans and even Peace Corps volunteers.”

“I rise today to call attention to the Hyde Amendment, which for too long has been denying women their constitutional right to access safe and legal abortion,” Bonamici said on the House floor Wednesday.

Source URL: http://cnsnews.com/news/article/eric-scheiner/dem-rep-hyde-amendment-denies-women-their-constitutional-right-abortion

rangerrebew

CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHT??!!  She means liberal supreme court interpretation of the Constitution.

Offline LMAO

She obviously does not know what the Hyde Amendment is.

I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

rangerrebew

She obviously does not know what the Hyde Amendment is.

You're probably correct since most legislators have no idea what is in bills anymore.

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
How in the name of Sam Hill could a right to kill even be suggested in a country founded on the Right to Life, Liberty, and the pursuit of happiness?  **nononono*
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour