Author Topic: Despite harsh reviews, Trump resists new debate approach  (Read 4246 times)

Offline Frank Cannon

Re: Despite harsh reviews, Trump resists new debate approach
« Reply #25 on: September 29, 2016, 06:26:09 am »
I have never once known a liberal to be embarrassed. Hell just look at the things they posted since he imploded. Thanks to them we now know that one need not be a good debater or negotiator post debate, but pre debate, being a good debater and negotiator was the best reason to elect him. They said it over and over.

I don't for a second think that when he implodes, they will be embarrassed. What they will do is continue their denial and blaming anyone, as is the TOS way, that did not embrace the moron. These arent people big on the idea of action, consequence and personal responsibility afterall. They are dead mirrors of the Obama at the Pillars of Styro crowd.

Well then I guess all truths will be revealed in about 40 miserable days. There is at least one thing I am sure of. When I sit at the head of the table at Christmas and look out over my family I will know and probably verbalize it in blunt fashion that I hate the incoming President.

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #26 on: September 29, 2016, 06:41:28 am »
Well then I guess all truths will be revealed in about 40 miserable days. There is at least one thing I am sure of. When I sit at the head of the table at Christmas and look out over my family I will know and probably verbalize it in blunt fashion that I hate the incoming President.

Look at the positive side. In all likelihood you won't have to repeat that in 4 years. Because whichever wins I seriously doubt America remains one country for much longer. Which to be honest, I don't see as a bad thing.

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #27 on: September 29, 2016, 09:26:59 am »

Christmas us no time for hate.  We are to love our enemy.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline LMAO

« Reply #28 on: September 29, 2016, 12:48:03 pm »
Trump didn't learn anything.

He is ineducable.

It's not that Trump is dumb or that he didn't learn anything.

Trump has an inflated view of himself. That much is certain. In his mind, he knows more about everything than you do. This is the same man who claimed something to the effect that he either knows more about or knows how to defeat ISIS better than the military generals.
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Just_Victor

« Reply #29 on: September 29, 2016, 01:12:25 pm »
Am I the only person who thinks it seems like Trump hasn't read a book since high school or college? I wonder if he even reads magazine articles. He does not seem to know any hard facts unrelated to his businesses and making money much less conservative philosophy. Trump knows how to get in front of a crowd, but I don't think he knows where he's leading it.

Trump seems more like a Cliff's Notes kinda guy.  I doubt he ever sloughed his way through a 1000 pages of Steinbeck.
If all I want is a warm feeling, I should just wet my pants.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #30 on: September 29, 2016, 01:45:05 pm »
Christmas us no time for hate.  We are to love our enemy.

Oh yeah? Try opening your house to 20 freeloading relatives. You will breed hate like I do on Christmas.

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #31 on: September 29, 2016, 02:08:03 pm »
Trump seems more like a Cliff's Notes kinda guy.  I doubt he ever sloughed his way through a 1000 pages of Steinbeck.

IMO, Trump's more of a "Classics Illustrated" kind of guy.

I don't think I ever sloughed my way through 1000 pages of Steinbeck, although I do want to take another stab at Grapes of Wrath. I enjoy trips along Route 66, and I remember my mom's stories about the Okies when she was growing up. Unfortunately, she clammed up when I asked her (on several occasions) about the Japanese internment camps.

However, I have read lengthy novels such as Atlas Shrugged, Texas (by Michener), and the 10 volume Kent Family Chronicles by John Jakes.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #32 on: September 29, 2016, 02:12:17 pm »
Trump didn't learn anything.

He is ineducable.

Narcissists never are.  They think they know all there is to know, and that they're the smartest guy in the room.

You never learn when you think you know everything.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #33 on: September 29, 2016, 02:29:26 pm »
It's not that Trump is dumb or that he didn't learn anything.

Trump has an inflated view of himself. That much is certain. In his mind, he knows more about everything than you do. This is the same man who claimed something to the effect that he either knows more about or knows how to defeat ISIS better than the military generals.

As hard as I try to suppress it that old fairytale Clinton Friend Trump the Fake Candidate keeps forcing itself back into my consciousness.

Hillary is the weakest, most corrupt opponent he's faced in the past year yet the offhanded contempt he showed for all of his republican opposition in the primaries was completely missing last Monday night.

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #34 on: September 29, 2016, 02:48:40 pm »
Despite harsh reviews, Trump resists new debate approach
By STEVE PEOPLES and LISA LERER
Sep. 28, 2016 6:11 PM EDT

COUNCIL BLUFFS, Iowa (AP) — Unmoved by harsh debate reviews, a defiant Donald Trump showed no sign Wednesday of making any big changes before his second faceoff with Hillary Clinton, pressing ahead with a strategy focused on speaking directly to his white working-class loyalists across the Midwest.

Democrat Clinton, meanwhile, pushed to improve her standing among younger voters with the help of the president, Sen. Bernie Sanders and other key allies, 48 hours after her debate performance that seemed to spark badly needed enthusiasm.

Those closest to Trump insisted the Republican presidential nominee was satisfied with Monday night's debate, even as prominent voices within his own party called for more serious preparation next time following an opening confrontation marked by missed opportunities and missteps.

more
http://www.bigstory.ap.org/article/7be3652d84ca4509bdb6968a6c9c9912/clinton-seeks-campaign-lift-sanders-michelle-obama
Trump: "Me prepare for anything like a presidential debate on which hangs the fate of the nation? Nah, I'll go with my usual "don't study anything-don't listen to advice-wing the whole damn thing-be an ignoramus"  style. Because that's me, Donald J. Trump. I have to be myself....a loudmouth, ignorant shmuck. If I can't make money off of it, I don't want to do the homework."

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #35 on: September 29, 2016, 03:20:05 pm »
Narcissists never are.  They think they know all there is to know, and that they're the smartest guy in the room.

You never learn when you think you know everything.

You hit the nail on the head.
My ex boyfriend was like that. We went to a lecture at the local university that was given by a Nobel prize winner in Chemistry.

When we walked out, the ex turned to me and said "I knew more than he did"', yet he never had a chemistry class in his life.

He thought he was so smart and wonderful he kept applying for a McArthur Genius grant and couldn't understand why he was turned down year after year.

G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Wingnut

« Reply #36 on: September 29, 2016, 05:07:50 pm »
Oh yeah? Try opening your house to 20 freeloading relatives. You will breed hate like I do on Christmas.

Fanily staying with you is alot like a dead fish.  They both stink after about 3 days.

Online libertybele

« Reply #37 on: September 29, 2016, 05:27:36 pm »
   If past results are any Indication, Cruz needs to run away, FAST!!

Exactly.  Though Cruz was a debate champion and quite educated; I highly doubt Trump would listen and Cruz would be blamed for Trump's next poor debate performance.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline ScottinVA

« Reply #38 on: September 29, 2016, 05:31:06 pm »
Somehow Trump has it in his mind he had a resounding victory Monday night.  With the next event a townhall format, he can do well, but he needs to put the nose to the grindstone and practice his a** off.  So far, he doesn't seem disciplined enough to do that.

Wingnut

« Reply #39 on: September 29, 2016, 05:36:30 pm »
Somehow Trump has it in his mind he had a resounding victory Monday night.  With the next event a townhall format, he can do well, but he needs to put the nose to the grindstone and practice his a** off.  So far, he doesn't seem disciplined enough to do that.

Trump's a "I'll wing it" type of guy.  It got him this far.  He ain't changing.

Online libertybele

« Reply #40 on: September 29, 2016, 05:42:04 pm »
Ok ... so I looked up Trump's education.   Due to behavior problems, (Gee, I would have never guessed) Trump left the school at age 13 and was enrolled in the New York Military Academy (NYMA), where he finished eighth grade and high school.
Trump attended Fordham University in the Bronx for two years, beginning in August 1964. He then transferred to the Wharton School of Finance and Commerce at the University of Pennsylvania, which offered one of the few real estate studies departments in United States academia.Trump graduated from Wharton in May 1968 with a Bachelor of Science in Economics.

He obviously has an education; it makes my wonder why he still has a 6th grade bully personality and such poor command of the English language.

Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #41 on: September 29, 2016, 06:28:13 pm »
Ok ... so I looked up Trump's education.   Due to behavior problems, (Gee, I would have never guessed) Trump left the school at age 13 and was enrolled in the New York Military Academy (NYMA), where he finished eighth grade and high school.
Trump attended Fordham University in the Bronx for two years, beginning in August 1964. He then transferred to the Wharton School of Finance and Commerce at the University of Pennsylvania, which offered one of the few real estate studies departments in United States academia.Trump graduated from Wharton in May 1968 with a Bachelor of Science in Economics.

He obviously has an education; it makes my wonder why he still has a 6th grade bully personality and such poor command of the English language.

Apparently Wharton School of Finance didn't care if you could talk good.    :smokin:
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #42 on: September 29, 2016, 07:13:55 pm »
You hit the nail on the head.
My ex boyfriend was like that. We went to a lecture at the local university that was given by a Nobel prize winner in Chemistry.

When we walked out, the ex turned to me and said "I knew more than he did"', yet he never had a chemistry class in his life.

He thought he was so smart and wonderful he kept applying for a McArthur Genius grant and couldn't understand why he was turned down year after year.
What is your ex-boy friend doing now?