Author Topic: Article Five Convention  (Read 7492 times)

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Article Five Convention
« on: September 28, 2016, 11:18:05 pm »
http://www.cosaction.com/

I think a good way to be proactive in the face of Conservative annihilation would be for people to ride their respective state representatives into passing legislation in full support of a Convention. I am looking at the link above and it may be a good place to start. I am adding a mention to members and asking them to get involved. Please tell every one on your buddy lists. Please and thank you.

Be proactive with this. I feel it gives a person additional voice and a good venue. More so than a single vote. So get active.

Life doesn't come with a remote.

Get up and change it yourself.

@INVAR  @Smokin Joe @RAT Patrol @sinkspur @Doug Loss @Oceander @geronl  @AbaraXas  @Idaho_Cowboy  @roamer_1 @DB  @TomSea  @Right_in_Virginia  @mystery-ak @RoosGirl  @Machiavelli
@madmaximus @Suppressed @240B  @Cyber Liberty @CatherineofAragon @musiclady @Victoria33 @HonestJohn  @Maj. Bill Martin

Put in on Twitter, Facebook, TOS  888high58888  :silly: I am planning an e-mail assault on my state reps this weekend. I will continue it through the next year.  Be able to get the attention of the noobs when they reconvene in January.

Regards

She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

geronl

Re: Article Five Convention
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2016, 11:23:07 pm »
I doubt it will fix anything, but I'm willing to try.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2016, 11:24:00 pm »
Why?  They don't follow the Constitution we have now, why would they follow a new one?
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2016, 11:37:13 pm »
Why?  They don't follow the Constitution we have now, why would they follow a new one?

So, what's your plan, @Cyber Liberty ?

:patriot:

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2016, 11:47:36 pm »

Well, if you want to start a new party or to get the one you want promoted then Identify yourself as such and hammer your reps.  Or just hammer your reps. Just for the hell of it. Tell them I AM CYBER LIBERTY AND I DEMAND YOU DO WHAT I TELL YOU!  Set up  a couple or 25 e-mail accounts and spam all reps in all 57 states. Do it at work. Do it all day at work.  Get those Chinese engineers to set you up a robo e-mail spamming program. Tell them I sent you. Just do it.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2016, 12:02:50 am »
Mark Levin spent his first hour on the Constitutional convention idea.  His depth of knowledge on our Constitution is amazing. 

What else do we have?

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2016, 12:06:20 am »
Mark Levin spent his first hour on the Constitutional convention idea.  His depth of knowledge on our Constitution is amazing. 

What else do we have?

Fold our tents.  Be a lost lonely voice crying meekly in the wilderness.
 8888crybaby

Anyone know how Castle or Johnson stand on a convention?

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2016, 12:29:41 am »

Well, if you want to start a new party or to get the one you want promoted then Identify yourself as such and hammer your reps.  Or just hammer your reps. Just for the hell of it. Tell them I AM CYBER LIBERTY AND I DEMAND YOU DO WHAT I TELL YOU!  Set up  a couple or 25 e-mail accounts and spam all reps in all 57 states. Do it at work. Do it all day at work.  Get those Chinese engineers to set you up a robo e-mail spamming program. Tell them I sent you. Just do it.

I'm astonished.  I really am.  You listened to what I've said.   :dropjaw:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2016, 12:42:48 am »
I'm astonished.  I really am.  You listened to what I've said.   :dropjaw:

I listen to every one. I have a hell of a time with my short term memory now though. Like @Doug Loss  asked if I had trouble remembering what I posted a few hours earlier. Yeah. Actually. But I remember later. It is kinda like my life is one big Déjà vu.

Look at it this way. When the jackboots drag you from your bed one early a.m. you'll know you did something right.  :tongue2:

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2016, 12:57:08 am »
I listen to every one. I have a hell of a time with my short term memory now though. Like @Doug Loss  asked if I had trouble remembering what I posted a few hours earlier. Yeah. Actually. But I remember later. It is kinda like my life is one big Déjà vu.

Look at it this way. When the jackboots drag you from your bed one early a.m. you'll know you did something right.  :tongue2:

No.  That's how words like "premeditated" start get thrown around.....
I will NOT comply.

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2016, 01:04:25 am »
No.  That's how words like "premeditated" start get thrown around.....

What are you talking about? Premeditated liberty? Premeditated rights? It is Constitutional. Defend the Constitution. Defend yourself. Do it for my grandkids. I am.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #11 on: September 29, 2016, 01:09:58 am »
 8888crybaby

From the Constitution Party website:

https://www.constitutionparty.com/constitutional-convention/

We affirm the original text of the United States Constitution and the Bill of Rights. We affirm that the nation’s Charter, the Declaration of Independence, and the Constitution contain the foundational law of the federal union. We condemn, therefore, all legislative, executive, and judicial action that departs from the texts and intent of the Charter and the Constitution and their original meaning.

We oppose any attempt to call for a Constitutional convention, for any purpose whatsoever, because it cannot be limited to any single issue, and such convention could seriously erode our Constitutionally protected unalienable rights.

geronl

« Reply #12 on: September 29, 2016, 01:12:35 am »

exactly right, but it probably wouldn't hurt.

Anything that comes out of the AVC would have to pass states to be added anyway. Then again, it could be dominated by Trump supporters, lol.

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #13 on: September 29, 2016, 01:26:47 am »
From the Constitution Party website:

They are referring to an open convention.  Even with an open convention 3/4  of states have to ratify. They are afraid the process will be superceded by a majority of liberal leaning states to adopt un Consitutional amendments or over ride existing ones. Buy like Cyber said. They ain't following it now.  So how do you suggest they be made to toe the mark?

If it be that a states majority actually did ratify to the detriment of existing rights then you know for sure this country is lost and irretrievable. The backslide is quickly becoming a full slide off the edge into the abyss. If it isn't already there.  Somehow hoping that will magically change is pretty unrealistic, IMO.

If there aren't enough lawmakers left out there to do something right they have made themselves obsolete. Get a new bunch that will.

« Last Edit: September 29, 2016, 01:28:21 am by bigheadfred »

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #14 on: September 29, 2016, 01:58:25 am »
Well, however it starts, whatever the case, where it starts is empowering from local on up.
If the counties and states are full of Conservative representatives, they are the natural bulwark against the fed.

Whatever happens, it all starts the same.
Eschew any loyalties to anything but Conservatism.
Do vet each and every person you give your vote to, and do not allow your vote to endorse anything under an 85% Conservative.
Preach it. Get your friends and relatives to do the same.

It necessarily starts at the bottom, and after all, that's what the TEA Party has been doing all along.
@bigheadfred , thx for the ping

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #15 on: September 29, 2016, 02:24:14 am »
 8888crybaby

The Constitution Party Platform is against a convention and for a return to the Original Intent of the Constitution and Bill of Rights.

http://www.constitutionparty.com/resolution-opposing-calls-for-a-constitution-article-v-convention/

I am afraid I agree with this on two main points:

First, a government which does not follow the Constitution we have will ignore any amendment it does not desire to follow. More or different laws will not deal with the fundamental lawlessness which is the problem.

Second, it is not possible to limit the amendments to just those we would like. Especially in the present political climate, the process is likely to be hijacked.
Out of such could conceivably come an Amendment stating:

Strike all language after "We".
Replace with "are the Federal Government and own you and all you possess. You will do our bidding or be summarily shot."

That isn't saying that would necessarily come to pass, but is a hyperbolic illustration of the grim nature of the tampering possible.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #16 on: September 29, 2016, 03:05:28 am »
Well, however it starts, whatever the case, where it starts is empowering from local on up.
If the counties and states are full of Conservative representatives, they are the natural bulwark against the fed.

Whatever happens, it all starts the same.
Eschew any loyalties to anything but Conservatism.
Do vet each and every person you give your vote to, and do not allow your vote to endorse anything under an 85% Conservative.
Preach it. Get your friends and relatives to do the same.

It necessarily starts at the bottom, and after all, that's what the TEA Party has been doing all along.
@bigheadfred , thx for the ping

My former boss always said that the local elections were more important than the national.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #17 on: September 29, 2016, 03:07:05 am »
The Constitution Party Platform is against a convention and for a return to the Original Intent of the Constitution and Bill of Rights.

http://www.constitutionparty.com/resolution-opposing-calls-for-a-constitution-article-v-convention/

I am afraid I agree with this on two main points:

First, a government which does not follow the Constitution we have will ignore any amendment it does not desire to follow. More or different laws will not deal with the fundamental lawlessness which is the problem.

Second, it is not possible to limit the amendments to just those we would like. Especially in the present political climate, the process is likely to be hijacked.
Out of such could conceivably come an Amendment stating:

Strike all language after "We".
Replace with "are the Federal Government and own you and all you possess. You will do our bidding or be summarily shot."

That isn't saying that would necessarily come to pass, but is a hyperbolic illustration of the grim nature of the tampering possible.

I agree with you.  To think that FedGov will follow some new "rules" when they won't follow the old doesn't make a lot of sense to me.  And, if they do follow the new rules I would guarantee that the rules don't benefit us in the least.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #18 on: September 29, 2016, 03:17:36 am »
I concur with what Joe stated.

The lawless are not going to abide new laws.  Oligarchs are never going to submit to the will of the plebes they rule when they make law to suit themselves alone.

You cannot stop the lawless or tyrants via civil means.

Period.

That said, I endorse an Article V convention of states for the sole purpose of establishing the justification of what will be necessary to resist those that intend to rule on their own authority.

It will be the final justification for exercising uncivil means to stop and arrest the agenda tyrants have imposed and will impose, because at that point - every single means to avoid war will have been attempted.

And as I assume - they will all fail in a post Constitutional society where the rule of law is already dead.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #19 on: September 29, 2016, 03:50:17 am »
My former boss always said that the local elections were more important than the national.

As far as the machinery goes, that's true - all those folks that make things go in DC and the state started at the local level and worked their way up... It's a long game, but if you want to really change things, it goes beyond the elected officials in the spotlight...

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #20 on: September 29, 2016, 09:16:46 am »
As far as the machinery goes, that's true - all those folks that make things go in DC and the state started at the local level and worked their way up... It's a long game, but if you want to really change things, it goes beyond the elected officials in the spotlight...

It's one reason Donnie is facing Hillary, not Bernie.  She'd worked for years at the local level to lay a foundation.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #21 on: September 29, 2016, 09:21:47 am »
Bookmarking for later when I'm more awake.,

8888spinning cat

I think I'm going to try to go back to bed for a few hours. Good night dearest peeps.

G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline Doug Loss

• Proud Tennessean
« Reply #22 on: September 29, 2016, 10:16:35 am »
I concur with what Joe stated.

The lawless are not going to abide new laws.  Oligarchs are never going to submit to the will of the plebes they rule when they make law to suit themselves alone.

You cannot stop the lawless or tyrants via civil means.

Period.

That said, I endorse an Article V convention of states for the sole purpose of establishing the justification of what will be necessary to resist those that intend to rule on their own authority.

It will be the final justification for exercising uncivil means to stop and arrest the agenda tyrants have imposed and will impose, because at that point - every single means to avoid war will have been attempted.

And as I assume - they will all fail in a post Constitutional society where the rule of law is already dead.

A couple of things.  I think everyone's belief that any new amendments to the Constitution would be summarily ignored is a bit exaggerated.  After all, the feral government doesn't quite flatly, baldly ignore the Constitutional limitations these days, it just horribly misinterprets the Constitution to claim it allows them to do whatever they want.  Any new amendments that were written so as to not allow such wiggle room would have a reasonable chance of reining the feds in.  I don't say they wouldn't ignore them, just that it isn't guaranteed.

And as I've said before, if you really support the Constitution, why would you not use the mechanism built into it for exactly this purpose, to rein in an out-of-control federal government, before tearing the country apart?  If the convention didn't work, we can always tear the country apart afterwards.

The Convention of States held a simulated convention recently, to see how it might work and what might come out of it.  Here are the results:

Convention of States Historic Simulation
Final Convention Report with Votes
My political philosophy:

1) I'm not bothering anybody.
2) It's none of your business.
3) Leave me alone!

Offline montanajoe

« Reply #23 on: September 29, 2016, 10:34:34 am »
I'm very strongly opposed to this.

Thinking that today's politicians can improve on the Founder's work is delusional in my opinion... :chairbang:

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #24 on: September 29, 2016, 10:40:23 am »
A couple of things.  I think everyone's belief that any new amendments to the Constitution would be summarily ignored is a bit exaggerated.  After all, the feral government doesn't quite flatly, baldly ignore the Constitutional limitations these days, it just horribly misinterprets the Constitution to claim it allows them to do whatever they want.  Any new amendments that were written so as to not allow such wiggle room would have a reasonable chance of reining the feds in.  I don't say they wouldn't ignore them, just that it isn't guaranteed.

And as I've said before, if you really support the Constitution, why would you not use the mechanism built into it for exactly this purpose, to rein in an out-of-control federal government, before tearing the country apart?  If the convention didn't work, we can always tear the country apart afterwards.

The Convention of States held a simulated convention recently, to see how it might work and what might come out of it.  Here are the results:

Convention of States Historic Simulation
Final Convention Report with Votes

That seems reasonable to me.

Whenever one quarter of the members of the United States House of Representatives or the
United States Senate transmits to the President their written declaration of opposition to any
proposed or existing federal administrative regulation, in whole or in part, it shall require a
majority vote of the House of Representatives and Senate to adopt or affirm that regulation.
Upon the transmittal of opposition, if Congress shall fail to vote within 180 days, such regulation
shall be vacated. No proposed regulation challenged under the terms of this Article shall go into
effect without the approval of Congress. Congressional approval or rejection of a rule or
regulation is not subject to Presidential veto under Article 1, Sect
ion 7 of the U.S. Constitution.

Too many agencies throwing out reams of regulations that do more damage than anything.